Will DVC ever give the perk of monthly payments on APs?

Remember DVC is seperate from the parks. The discount is an agreement with the parks dept. It is up to the parks dept to offer the monthly not DVC.

So we are in Atlanta near a Six Flags so we signed up for the monthly pass and it made us sign a contract agreeing to pay those months or legal action could be taken. I'm sure it's the same way for the Florida pass

I suspect the reason for only allowing Florida Residents is they are only dealing with one state as far as collections laws.

They could make it so if you are delinquent in your monthly payments your points are suspended until paid in full. Perhaps something Similar to annual dues.

They could make it so if you are delinquent in your monthly payments your points are suspended until paid in full. Perhaps something Similar to annual dues.
Legally, they can't impact your use of your points if delinquent on a monthly annual pass payment.

I suspect the reason for only allowing Florida Residents is they are only dealing with one state as far as collections laws.
Agree & it could be even more than that. Each state has different laws re installment/consumer loans, which monthly payments towards a ticket could be subject to, and there is more work associated with monthly payments compared to "pay once and be done" transactions.

Legally, they can't impact your use of your points if delinquent on a monthly annual pass payment.

Correct. These are completely separate transactions and they would have to go through a full collections process to attempt to put a lien against the real estate interest.

I would honestly be shocked if disney went after people who were in arrears for non-payment of monthly fees for florida resident APs. I could definitely see them suspending your account, and then blacklisting you unless you paid up in full -- but actively trying to collect a few hundred dollars from people is more work than it's worth. And for out of state people -- it would be even worse. Which is one reason I don't see them doing it for OOS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter