Will my camcorder be OK on these rides?

travelgoddess

DIS Veteran
Space Mountain,Dinosaur,Test Track,Mission Space, Tower of Terror, Rock N Rollercoaster. We want to take it in all the parks,
but I don't want it damaged. It's just me and my DH, and we
both want to ride everything. Do all the parks have lockers?
Do these attractions have storage places similar to Kali River Rapids?

My DH and I ALWAYS have our camcorder with us when we ride those rides! We keep it in a camera bag and hold it in our lap. :cool:

Ditto here on the lap... I've brought a camera lots of times and it's always been ok in the camera case and even a backpack we brought once. If you put it in a locker, how can you take those tapes of the park???

Depending on how small your camcorder is, wear it around your neck, and you can capture the fun of the rides! I did that our past trip, and the reactions of our younger DD on some of the rides (especially her first time on the ride) are the best part of the videos! I also held it in my hand, if around my neck would bounce it around too much.

I have videos from me riding TOT, Test Track, and Dinosaur. Just make sure if you decide to video that you have your EXTERNAL lighting turned OFF. The CM's will get ya for that. Now these are hilarious videos - especially my TOT one. We got the whole thing and then the first drop, the camera work is priceless. ha ha

We filmed the entire Test Track ride this last trip. It is fun to watch. Dinosaur we didn't make it filming the whole thing, though -too bumpy. But yes, you can take your camcorder on all rides - especially if it is small. We just hold it between our legs on the floor in our backpack. Do take the previous posters advice about wearing the neck strap if you are going to be crazy like me and try to film some of this stuff, though. :crazy:

I haven't ridden M:S yet, but I would assume one couldn't video in there with the motion. But who knows?

Angie

Ok, sorry to be mean (I hope this doesn't come off that way) but PLEASE do not video on TOT (or other "wilder" rides for that matter). Someone (a big strong looking man about 35, so not some weakling or a kid or anything) lost control of their camera on there, with it wrapped around their hand about 4 times. I was hit in the head...I'm not going into more detail than that here, as I'm sure I have on these boards before. I just want you to be aware that this can happen to anyone, you CAN lose control and think of the people around you (including your loved ones!) you don't want them to be hit with a flying video camera, as it does hurt, and WILL knock someone unconsious.

As for carrying it on the ride with you, certainly you can. Either hold it in your lap or sit it on the floor with the strap around your leg. Both strategies seem to work well.

Once again, sorry about the public service announcement, but this is a rather personal issue for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter