Will Our MagicBands Ever Work!? December 2014

disneyfreak25

Mouseketeer
Introduction

Hello everyone! This is my second trip report. If you read my last one, we went in August. Here's the link in case you haven't read it: There's Always Hall of Presidents August 2014

So I am finally getting around to start this report. I have had it ready for a while I just have been caught up in other things.

Let's get started on the introductions.

First up is me, Rachel. I am 15 years old now, I was 14 on this trip. I play softball and I love Disney. That's pretty much me. I love Disney and we go a couple times a year now that we have annual passes. I have been going to Disney since I was 8 and I feel more at home there than I do here in Ohio. I love the little things about Disney and of course I love the food! I want to do the College Program when I go to College and maybe get a job and move down there. With that here is a picture of me and my brother.

Next is my brother, Jonathon. He is 12 and was 11 when we went on the trip. He wrestles and does cross country. His first trip was when he was 5. Jonathon loves the little things but he also likes the big things about everything in Disney. He loves Disney but I still think my mom and me love it a tiny more than him although he has been loving it more. Here is Jonathon being himself, showing off.

Up next is Mom. Mom works as a travel agent and she helps plan their vacations. She loves the whole planning process and when it all pays off in the end and the vacation is amazing! One of her favorite rides was Maelstrom and she is so sad to see it go. Mom loves the little things and she loves the parades and shows. She loves the rides too but she could watch the shows all day.

Last but not least is Dad. Dad works by putting air conditioners and heaters in. He doesn't go very often because he doesn't have an annual pass and can't get off of work easily. Our family tries to go to Disney during Christmas and he was able to go this time.

So this trip we would be staying at All Star Movies but you will see that will change and we will stay at French Quarter. We would be staying for 10 days from December 17th to the 26th. This trip was full of rides, shows, good food, and fun times. Now that you know us let's get going on this trip report.

Can We Just be at Magic Kingdom Yet?

We woke up at 4:30 in the morning and finished packing and getting ready.

My dad drove us to the airport and we got through security quick. We had an uneventful flight and got to Orlando.

On the plane

We have landed in Orlando!

The tree in the airport

On the fake monorail

Somehow we got lost in the airport trying to find Magical Express. Some people were following us too so I felt bad they got lost too.

When we got to Magical Express we boarded the bus to the All Star Resorts. We were going to stay at All Star Movies but as you would see, we wouldn’t stay for long. As we were checking in the lady couldn’t link our magicbands. It took her more than 30 minutes to link them and we wanted to get to the park!

When she was finally done we went to our room to change into shorts. We also took pictures around the room and resort so here's a tour:

Table and Chairs

Mickey Towel

Beds

Picture in the room

Bathroom area

Goofing around in the room

Now we left the room and took pictures outside.

Outside our room

Rex and Woody

Bo-Peep

Woody

Andy's door

In the car

Fantasia pool

Next we got on the bus to Magic Kingdom.

Next we will be spending the day in Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:

I really enjoyed your last TR and am glad to be the first one to comment on this one! It's so cool that you guys have annual passes - it's just too bad your dad has to work a lot and can't go with you often. There is no way I would let my family go to Disney without me. Then again, I am probably more obsessed than my DW or DD.

Thanks! I don't think he minds too much because he isn't into everything as we are. We are definitely more obsessed than him
We would like him to go every time but thats not possible right now

Hi! I just finished reading your August TR - you had me smiling the whole way :goodvibes Great job and thanks for all the pictures! It was especially helpful to read through it imagining our upcoming trip this August. Looking forward to your December report and pictures!

Thanks! August is very hot down there but I loved going in August. It was a lot of fun! Hope you guys have fun on your trip!

New Decorations on Main Street

The first thing we saw was the Christmas decorations, some new, some old.

The Christmas Tree

Decorations on the buildings

Toy Soldier

Toys under the tree

Another picture of the tree

As we made our way down Main Street we saw our first look at the castle and the new decorations. I loved the garland that hung across Main Street and now they can't because of the floats in Festival of Fantasy.

Before

After

Mickey decoration

These are the new decorations and I don't like them as much. I miss the garland.

Up close to the castle

Of course our first ride was Peoplemover so we turned to our right and entered Tomorrowland.

Inside the ride

Afterwards we watched Dream Along With Mickey, which I don't have any pictures of. I'm not sure why I never took any pictures.

Christmas Cups!

We passed the Tangled bathrooms on our way to Fantasyland.

Our first characters of the trip were Goofy and Donald in Pete’s Silly Sideshow.

I can't find the Goofy pictures but here is Donaldo!

Next we head back to Main Street and watch Festival of Fantasy!!

The Photopass pictures are bigger than my pictures!!

Last edited:
What, were watching Festival of Fantasy?

The next thing we did was we got a spot for Festival of Fantasy in the hub. That spot has to be one of my favorite spots to watch the parade, the floats come right at you and they’re so close. Other than the sun being in the way it was a good spot.

Belle and Beast

Anna and Elsa

Rapunzel

Ariel

You can barely see Peter Pan and Wendy

Merida

Maleficent

Dopey

Donald and Daisy

Mickey and Minnie

We still had our three fastpasses to use and we were about to use two of them. First we rode Under the Sea.

Part of Your World

Under the Sea

Poor Unfortunate Souls

Kiss the Girl

King Triton

We got a Lefou’s Brew next.

Christmas decorations in Belle's village

We went on Peoplemover again to waste time before our next Fastpass.

Then we went on Buzz for our second Fastpass.

We headed back out to Main Street then. Mom went to Guest Relations but Jonathon and I stayed to watch Move it Shake It Dance and Play It! This would be our first time watching the new version. Jonathon took a picture of us to see if we would make it up on the screen but we didn’t.

Next we would be watching some shows and riding a few rides.

Last edited:
Any Dream is Possible

Dream Along With Mickey and Elsa lighting the castle were the next two things we were going to do. Mom fought the crowds to come back up and watch with us after she went to Guest Relations.

Join the party, the castle party!

Oh,Minnie, you've always been a princess to me!

Did someone say adventure?

No one believes in dreams any longer!

Any dream is possible if you find a dream inside of you!!

Once Dream Along was over the rude people came all over the place. We got yelled at to sit down because we were standing and the people behind us were sitting but I wasn’t about to sit down after we stood there for so long. Elsa lit the castle with her fractally powers.

Anna and Kristoff

Elsa

Olaf!!

Elsa,please light the castle!

Elsa began to light the castle!

The whole gang!

It's so pretty lit up!!

We headed towards the back to get away from the crowds!

Then we had to get out of there but it took forever and we got separated several times.

We had our third Fastpass after we got out of there for Space Mountain.

See no evil. Hear no evil. Speak no evil.

We would spend the rest of the evening at Magic Kingdom and head back to the hotel for a little change!

Two Rooms in One Day

We had our third fastpass after we got out of there for Space Mountain. Then we headed to Adventureland. A Dole Whip was the first order of business.

We forgot to take a picture until we were almost done!

Then we walked around the Swiss Family Treehouse because we hadn’t done it in a while.

We did the Tiki Room too.

When my mom went to Guest Relations, she was telling them about how bad All Star Movies was and how it took forever and they gave us one fastpass and told us we could talk to someone at the hotel when we went back.

So, our next thing to do was ride Jingle Cruise which was our fastpass that they gave us. Our skipper was Holly and she was the best! She was better than most skippers during the regular Jungle Cruise and the best one we had the whole trip.

Exiting the park

We left Magic Kingdom after that and we went back to the hotel and we talked to some people that work there and they said they could move us to French Quarter. So we got our bags and they got us a taxi to take us to French Quarter. We got settled in and unpacked and then went to sleep. Here are some pictures of the room:

Sorry for the short update! Tomorrow we start our day at Animal Kingdom!

Meet and Greet after Meet and Greet

We woke up and got ready and then ate breakfast. Then we took a picture of the Christmas tree in the lobby.

We were going to Animal Kingdom for the morning.

Christmas Tree

Tree of Life

The first thing we did was ride Dinosaur. I wanted to do a pose with only three of us because it looks like I'm saving a spot for the Dinosaur.

Saving a spot!

Then we rode Primeval Whirl.

Christmas Decorations

Mom and I wanted to ride Dinosaur again but Jonathon doesn’t like it so we rode it without him.

Where's Jonathon??

This morning we met a lot of characters so to start it off we met Goofy and Pluto and they loved Mom’s sweatshirt with Pluto on it.

Next we met King Louie and Baloo.

Waiting in line!

Then we met Dug and Russell. Dug was licking and sniffing me the whole time.

We went to Guest Relations because our magicbands wouldn’t work and we would have to wait for a cast member to help and then we would miss rope drop. We also didn’t want this to keep happening.We met a cast member and he didn’t help whatsoever.

We left Animal Kingdom then and took a bus to Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:
Again?

We headed to Magic Kingdom next and Mom went to Guest Relations because the cast member said it was fixed and it wasn’t because the magicbands didn’t work again.

Then we went up by the train station to take a few pictures.

After that we had a fastpass for Mine Train but Jonathon saw that Rabbit was out with Pooh and we had to go meet them.

Then we went on Mine Train.

Since we were there and it was around 2 we wanted to watch Festival of Fantasy again! We got some fries from Peco’s because we were watching it out in front there. Festival of Fantasy was amazing of course and we had never watched it back in Frontierland.

Swan Court

Belle and Beast

Anna and Elsa

Rapunzel

Ariel

Peter Pan and Wendy

Highland Dancers

Merida

Maleficent

Donald and Daisy

Mickey and Minnie

We had a few extra fastpasses from Guest Relations again and we used one on Big Thunder Mountain.

Next we use the rest of our Fastpasses and head over to Epcot.

Red Card!

We ate at Columbia again because once my dad came he wouldn’t want to eat there because he doesn't like it as much. We ate upstairs and some cast members got mad because they forgot to close the rope for us to not come up there.

Our view

Right next door from Columbia was Peter Pan’s Flight and that was one of our fastpasses. I got a red card to tell them how long the line would be and I got so excited! I love getting them!

We met Merida next and she asked if we have ever shot arrows and I told her I have in school before. She told us to keep practicing.

This is the only picture I found of us with Merida

We had to go ride Peoplemover then after that we had a Space Mountain fastpass.

Tomorrowland Decorations

We walked back by the speedway up to the teacups and Jonathon and I decided we would go ride them. We spun our teacup as fast as we could and when we stood up after the ride everything was spinning.

We had another fastpass to meet Rapunzel and Cinderella.

First we met Rapunzel. She told me I had a pretty painting in my hair which was my bow. Rapunzel also said that maybe we could fit Tinkerbell sized frying pans in our purses.

Next we met Cinderella. She said Jaq and Gus have been wanting to be pirates ever since they met Captain Jack Sparrow the other night.

We had good character interactions tonight. Sometimes we don’t have good interactions with them but we did this time.

Next we walked from fantasyland to Liberty Square to ride one of my favorites, Haunted Mansion.

Aloha Isle was calling our names, we needed a Dole Whip! We ate the Dole Whip as we were exiting the park. Our day wasn’t over though, we were boarding the monorail to head over to Epcot.

We were getting off at the TTC to change monorails when this lady’s wheelchair almost fell on me and she laughed like nothing happened. We ended up in the same car as her on the way to Epcot anyway.

We went into Epcot and Jonathon and I rode Mission Space.Then Jonathon rode single rider Test Track while me and mom waited for him. To finish the night we rode Spaceship earth.

We left the park and when we got back to the hotel we had a towel animal waiting for us.

Tomorrow Dad would be coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter