Will the resort do this for us...

To summarize the most important points:

1) You can't leave your car parked at BC after your stay ends there. If you're lucky, they'd try to contact you before they have it towed. If not, you'll be in for a nasty surprise when you walk over there to get it at the end of your trip.

2) Resorts do transfer luggage to the guest's next resort if they're doing a split stay, so they may be willing to add yours in with other luggage going to BC. But - they wait until late in the day to make the transfer, so it probably won't arrive at BC until dinnertime.

As I see it, your two choices are to take the monorail back to Poly to get your car and luggage, or load up the car before you drive to Epcot. If it were me, I'd go back to Poly. It's brutally hot in Sept, and anything heat-sensitive will be ruined if you leave it in the car (makeup, medications, etc.).

Keep in mind, any toiletry item (make-up, deodorant) will almost certainly melt in the trunk of a car unless it's the dead of winter.
That isn't true. I'm a central Texan (100 degree plus daily temps in summer here), and have found that cosmetics are okay in the trunk even in midsummer. A hatchback with a window is a different story. But a windowless trunk is fine, as it won't get superheated by the greenhouse effect like the rest of the car will.

Medications that need to be kept at room temperature should be carried with you, though. A windowless trunk won't get hot enough to ruin cosmetics & toiletries, but it will be warmer than room temperature.

Last edited:
We've loaded up our car on check-out day and taken it to a park for a few hours. Since you're driving, maybe you have room for a small cooler that you could throw anything heat-sensitive in? I wouldn't actually use ice packs, but I would think just the insulation should be enough to keep things from melting. Then you could leave right from Epcot and not have to worry about logistics.

Plus there is that little issue of theft. A parked car at Epcot full of luggage and other items is tempting to thieves.

I don't take anything of real value on vacation other than my wedding band and engagement ring, which I wear. If a thief really wants my 15 year old, 40 lb. suitcase full of smelly, dirty clothes, used toothbrushes, and cheap shampoo, they can have at it. I keep cash, credit cards, my ID, etc. with me.

Talked to the front desk of Poly and Beach, they said it wouldn't be an issue to leave the car at beach and have poly transfer my luggage on the last day. They even suggested that I could park the car at Poly when I first got there so it would be waiting for me when I leave.

As to why I wouldn't want to move my car... I don't want to see my car until I have to leave, much less take time out of my vacation to move it.

When I worked at Disney in the 90's the rule generally was if you can accomadate the guest w/o putting someone in danger you should do it. Meet and exceed expectations was the buzz phrase. So unless the entire beach club parking lot is filled (which going after labor day it should be relatively empty), or Poly had no transfers at all going to Beach there really is no good reason to make this an issue. It costs Disney nothing to be helpful, and it lowers my enjoyment of going there if they do not (which is not good for return business).

Talked to the front desk of Poly and Beach, they said it wouldn't be an issue to leave the car at beach and have poly transfer my luggage on the last day. They even suggested that I could park the car at Poly when I first got there so it would be waiting for me when I leave.

As to why I wouldn't want to move my car... I don't want to see my car until I have to leave, much less take time out of my vacation to move it.

When I worked at Disney in the 90's the rule generally was if you can accomadate the guest w/o putting someone in danger you should do it. Meet and exceed expectations was the buzz phrase. So unless the entire beach club parking lot is filled (which going after labor day it should be relatively empty), or Poly had no transfers at all going to Beach there really is no good reason to make this an issue. It costs Disney nothing to be helpful, and it lowers my enjoyment of going there if they do not (which is not good for return business).

Unless you are there now and physically went to each front desk, the CMs you spoke to are at a Call Center and don't know the ins and outs of the actual resorts. So just be prepared for other options because what you were told is not the norm.

Regardless of what a CM promised on the phone, I would make sure that I had a parking permit reflecting that the car is permitted to be parked there for the dates of your entire stay.

It was both cast members at the front desk of Poly and Beach, but ya... need to make sure that my vehicle doesn't get towed from a misunderstanding. I wouldn't think it would be an issue for them to just give me 1 parking pass for my 7 day stay there all at Beach and forfeit my parking at Poly and Fort Wilderness.

Like I said one of the things they stressed with me when I worked there was to do whatever it took to make the guest's stay better (that doesn't infringe on other guests experience). When I ran Star Tours if there was no line I would just let people keep riding if they wanted to. Not really 'in the rules', but my lead had no issue with it... and I ended up getting guest compliments for it. (people esp. liked that when it was raining, which it always seems to be doing in Orlando).

It was both cast members at the front desk of Poly and Beach, but ya... need to make sure that my vehicle doesn't get towed from a misunderstanding. I wouldn't think it would be an issue for them to just give me 1 parking pass for my 7 day stay there all at Beach and forfeit my parking at Poly and Fort Wilderness.

Like I said one of the things they stressed with me when I worked there was to do whatever it took to make the guest's stay better (that doesn't infringe on other guests experience). When I ran Star Tours if there was no line I would just let people keep riding if they wanted to. Not really 'in the rules', but my lead had no issue with it... and I ended up getting guest compliments for it. (people esp. liked that when it was raining, which it always seems to be doing in Orlando).
You called a call center, not the front desk of either resort. Be prepared with Plan B.

No matter what you were told, you did not talk to either resort. You talked to a call center, and they act as if they are at the resorts. Strange but true! Leaving your car at a resort of which you are no longer a guest is just a really really really really bad idea. Move your car as you move resorts. Simple and safer and less stress.

Just an FYI, when transferring luggage between resorts, the luggage typically doesn't arrive at the second resort until late afternoon. We've never gotten our luggage earlier than 4 pm. I'm not sure when you are planning to leave EP, but just thought I would relay that information.

I agree with other PP's on this thread. We have stayed onsite over 30 times and I've found, for the most part, at WDW, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Sometimes even within departments, CM's don't know what their own department's policies and procedures are. From engineering not relaying info to resorts regarding early morning maintenance to recreation CM's not even knowing when their own programming started to ticket CM's not knowing how to correctly prioritize tickets, etc. Personally, I wouldn't count on being able to do this. I know you think you spoke to front desk CM's (which, as others have pointed out, you didn't. Even if you call the "front desk" from your resort room you aren't speaking to anyone at your resort), but they don't work with security, nor do they work with bell services which are the departments you would be working with to make this work. I, personally, wouldn't risk it, but I certainly wish you luck if you do.

As others have said, you weren't speaking with a front desk cast member at either resort. You were speaking to someone working in a call center trained to answer the phone based upon what resort a person is trying to reach. Even when you're physically at a WDW resort and call the front desk via the button on the phone, you're calling someone in a call center directed to answer as if they were working at the front desk.

Please don't leave your vehicle parked at BC while staying elsewhere or vice versa. It is not allowed. Disney can and will tow a vehicle not authorized to park in a certain lot. The last thing you need is to go to BC on check out day only to find your mode of transportation is no longer parked there, and I can guarantee Disney won't give a toot about what a phone cast member said to you. When you check in and are standing before a human being that is actually there, you're more than welcome to inquire about leaving your car behind when you transfer resorts. Perhaps the manager on duty will give you permission to do so, perhaps not, but go with what she/he says. Don't go by the words of a phone CM.

IMO, it's also rude. You're taking what could be the potential last parking spot from a guest staying at BC. I'd imagine it'd really stink if a family were to drive "home" after a long day/night in the parks only to find that there is nowhere to park. It'd be an extraordinary circumstance if that were to happen, but it can and it has.

The more you move, the more hands touching your stuff, leaving your car at BC, the greater the chance that something can go wrong. Resorts close to the parks usually have a parking problem and their parking policies might be enforced more than other resorts. At BLT more than once I have seen CM's walking the parking area recording and checking cars.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm not sure why you would have them transfer your luggage to each hotel when you have a car. We do split stays each trip with our car and never even thought of that. If you have issues with carrying things, use them to help load in your vehicle and take it with you. I can't imagine having them do it when you can bring it with you,check in and have it, and not have to wait for it and retrieve it.

The more you move, the more hands touching your stuff, leaving your car at BC, the greater the chance that something can go wrong. Resorts close to the parks usually have a parking problem and their parking policies might be enforced more than other resorts. At BLT more than once I have seen CM's walking the parking area recording and checking cars.

:earsboy: Bill

Yes!!! This!!!

OP, please please please PLEASE move your car when you change resorts and pack it up at the Poly on the last day. It’s the only way you’ll save yourself from potentially a lot of headache and hassle. Are you prepared for the possibility of your car getting towed? Or for not getting your luggage until dinner time on the last day? Either or both of those things could definitely happen (particularly the latter). It would be much easier to just move your car...it’s also the solution that makes the most sense.

And unless you somehow have direct phone numbers for the resort’s, you were talking to a call center.

The parking lot enforcement has gotten much, much stricter in recent years. I agree that it was pretty easy-going back in the 90's, but it's not like that anymore. Especially at resorts like BC, that have a walking path to a theme park.

If you were calling the published numbers for Poly and BC, you were speaking with someone at a call center who was claiming to be at the front desk. Even calling the front desk from a resort room gets you that call center. Those call centers answering for the resorts are notorious sources of misinformation. It often seems that they tell the guest what they want to hear; whatever the guest asks, they're told that it's ok for them to do.

It's your choice, of course. Just be aware that what you heard over the phone may not be what you hear when you get to the resort.

We usually stay at BC and we have seen cars being checked by CM especially now that there are fewer parking space because of the construction at YC.

Hope I remember to check this thread next year to see if the car was towed and if the luggage was delivered in time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter