Will you book the Poly on Feb 25?

shhhhh.... :rolleyes1 changing your existing reservation to the Poly is a bad idea..... everyone should wait :) or at the least wait until March to try...

Will we be able to make this reservation online or do we have to call?

Current information indicates we can book online or call. However, they posted the exact same information on their Facebook page the day before the Feb 11 booking window only to change it 4 hours later. Keep an eye on the boards as Disney could change plans hours any time.

I called member services last night and they said on February 25 you will have to call to book the Poly on that day only. The person I spoke to said she signed up for overtime that day for just that reason LOL

I do not plan to book at this time and will wait a year or two until the hype dies down I think. We are doing the same with VGF. So many lovely places to stay on property, we're happy anywhere!

We are 99% sure we plan to switch from VGF to Poly for our summer trip. The points are the same for us, so it's just a lateral move. My only hesitation is not having a firm reassurance that the pool will be done (though it has to be done by mid July, right??)

Hoping for lots of movement to fill some waitlisting for sure. I have a 1 night waitlist a BLT 1 bedroom for August. I'm hoping folks will be moving out of 1 bedrooms to the studios at poly.

We are going to try to get 2 nights on May 23-25. But if BLT Or VFG opens up on the same day I'll just grab one of them. We have owned dvc for 7 years and have only stayed at OKW, SSR, AKV, BWV and BCV. We never seem to book early enough to get one of the monorail resorts. We are horrible at planning vacations and usually book around 4 months out.

We learned our lesson and will never stay at a new resort until the bugs are worked out. BLT had HVAC, hot water, door lock, and CM training issues when it opened. Then they decided to move sinks and add bathroom door locks.

:earsboy: Bill

I was defintely going to try and switch our reservations from AKL to Poly but after reading your post I have changed my mind. It is not worth the risk.

We stayed at POR once, which we loved, but the AC was not working and it took two days to fix. It was Sept. 90+ temp and humid. I never want to go through that again on vacation.

Thank you for sharing.

I wish I could see if there was availability for the week I want before I try switching. DVC told me only current Poly owners have access to that on the Resort Availability Tool. :(

I wish I could see if there was availability for the week I want before I try switching. DVC told me only current Poly owners have access to that on the Resort Availability Tool. :(

On the resort availability tool do a search on the days you want but do not select any resorts or room size - just the dates. The Poly will show up.

And every date has availability so far.

Hmm, the Resort Availability Tool is not working for me and I'm an owner. Tried dates in July and October and Poly doesn't show up.

I will hopefully be switching but NOT to the poly. I'm hopeful that with everyone else switching around to the poly that I can switch my BLT 2 bedroom lake view to a Standard view. I personally don't feel like the poly is worth it.

My feelings exactly! We are currently on a waitlist for a 1bdr at BCV for May 14th and hope that someone will switch to Poly and I can get one day. If not, we are at BLT for one day and BCV for four. We would also be very pleased if we could move the whole trip to BLT 1bdr. It would make us happy and I know someone else too since it is during the F & G and everyone seems to want an EPCOT resort. We will probably never stay at Poly, a Studio is not for us due to kids and the adults wanting privacy but to each their own and hopefully it will also make more rooms available at GFV & BLT.

Here's crossing our fingers for waitlist coming through on the 25th, I know I will be stalking the DVC site

Judy

Hmm, the Resort Availability Tool is not working for me and I'm an owner. Tried dates in July and October and Poly doesn't show up.

On the resort availability tool do a search on the days you want but do not select any resorts or room size - just the dates. The Poly will show up.

And every date has availability so far.

The resort availability tool shows information for all resorts to all owners so I wouldn't expect it to be different even for an owner. And since they aren't doing online booking for Poly yet I suspect you don't see it under the booking tool either - it's kind of the same thing - it would show for everyone once it's available but non-owners would just be limited to when they could book.

The resort availability tool shows information for all resorts to all owners so I wouldn't expect it to be different even for an owner. And since they aren't doing online booking for Poly yet I suspect you don't see it under the booking tool either - it's kind of the same thing - it would show for everyone once it's available but non-owners would just be limited to when they could book.

Just tried it and no poly.
I will be looking to switch 2 nights in August from VGF studio to the poly studios.

Ok, I figured it out. Before I was checking studio and, for some reason, Poly doesn't come up if any room options are checked.

Yes just try with dates asnd no room type...that is the only way it seems to be popping up! Do you all think its possible that there is 100% availability in the next year? Even November and December are 100% open?! Do you think thats the case?

Wonder if it's accurate. Didn't someone post that they had booked the last standard view, then had to switch to lake view to get 2 studios with the same booking category.... for some date there's probably only 1 standard view left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter