Will you book the Poly on Feb 25?

We learned our lesson and will never stay at a new resort until the bugs are worked out. BLT had HVAC, hot water, door lock, and CM training issues when it opened. Then they decided to move sinks and add bathroom door locks.

:earsboy: Bill

Is the lack of locks on the bathroom door thing normal at DVC villas? We stayed at BWV SV studio this past January and had no lock on the bathroom door. It was a little bit annoying

Yes just try with dates asnd no room type...that is the only way it seems to be popping up! Do you all think its possible that there is 100% availability in the next year? Even November and December are 100% open?! Do you think thats the case?

I do believe they have availability for that time of year. Slower sales, lots of construction will be going on until at least December 2015 (and possibly as late as February 2016).

Disney is not doing a very good job of communicating with people on Poly construction. Honestly, without Tikiman's information, we would not be willing to stay here in 2015.

Wonder if it's accurate. Didn't someone post that they had booked the last standard view, then had to switch to lake view to get 2 studios with the same booking category.... for some date there's probably only 1 standard view left.

Someone did report this for their late May stay.

So we are considering the switch. However, we have September 3rd to 7th (4 nights) at BLT over Labor Day. I do not want to risk losing my BLT booking, so I am thinking regardless I will be calling member services to make the switch (if possible). Since I have stayed at neither - we will not be disappointed if we stay either at BLT or the Poly, but would only be disappointed if we ended up with neither, so I am being very cautious about this. (If it was available on-line, I would've considered cancelling the BLT ressie first, but looking on-line there are no studios available for at least one of my dates, so I dare not risk it without going through member services.)

Yes just try with dates asnd no room type...that is the only way it seems to be popping up! Do you all think its possible that there is 100% availability in the next year? Even November and December are 100% open?! Do you think thats the case?

I believe it's possible. It's still a lot of rooms and just beginning sales. During the initial sales of new resorts it's always been easiest to reserve as a non-owner IMO.

I currently have BWV booked for August 1-9th. Hoping to stay at least one of the weekends at the Poly.

I may try for a couple of nights in September before we switch to a larger accommodation.

Crap. I can't book online. The Poly doesn't show up and I don't have forever to be on the phone.

Edited: Hmmm ... I thought online reservations started at 8:00 am Eastern time. I called MS and they don't open until 9:00.

Yup, looks like the on-line option is not possible. Holding on the phone for 60 minutes plus looks like everyone's only choice. That actually will probably increase the odds of those with the patience to get what they want.

Yup, looks like the on-line option is not possible. Holding on the phone for 60 minutes plus looks like everyone's only choice. That actually will probably increase the odds of those with the patience to get what they want.

Sure do hope you are right!!!

:rotfl::rotfl:Yeah I was gonna get a bungalow in October for 10 nights but its 1131 points so I will stick with my HUGE studio at OKW for 102 points and guess what I AM STILL IN WDW:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yep, can't get on DVC.com and also can't get through on either phone #. Not surprising I guess that the whole thing is going to be a big mess.

i'm on hold now. 20 min wait. it just took forever for the phone to stop ringing and for it to go to the prompts

Likely just missed a chance at getting anything. The phone is busy and the website is down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter