Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

Good morning! Running my first half ever- I got what appears to be corral 7 at least bib starts with that. Is that the very last corral? Any idea what time that will start! Was expecting that if so since I don't have POT. Doing run/ walk at 30/30 minimum and have done the distance during training so trying not to get worried about being swept and just do the best I can. I'm def way faster than the 16 min required just trying to stay positive & have fun
I don’t believe there will be a corral 7. Last year it was 1-4, years past it’s been A-E. I think there has been the impression somewhere that they are returning to lettered corrals for this race. The bib number doesn’t quite tell the whole story. No worries, if you start at the back, as long as you can keep the pace you will be fine! The balloon ladies start after everyone else.

Expo pass collected. Still feels weird to not be printing waivers!

Half Bib 14xx. Entered fastest time not needing PoT, for whatever that’s worth. I’m interested to see if they‘ve tweaked the corral system yet agin, given that the “start groups” has been abandoned and we’re back to letters again. Anyone happen to remember how many corrals we had last year?

I don’t believe there will be a corral 7. Last year it was 1-4, years past it’s been A-E. I think there has been the impression somewhere that they are returning to lettered corrals for this race. The bib number doesn’t quite tell the whole story. No worries, if you start at the back, as long as you can keep the pace you will be fine! The balloon ladies start after everyone else.
The current weekend guide seems to imply that they are going back to letters A-E. It could be a case of copy/paste though.
1667312702808.png

The first number of your bib has no direct correlation to your corral - you won’t know which corral you’re in until you get your actual bib, which will have a corral letter on it. But even if you start at the very back of the very last corral, there is NO chance you’ll be swept if you’re moving faster than a 16;00/mile avg pace, so try not to stress!
Thank you! This is very helpful

DW emailed rundisney this morning. We actually got emails for expo pass. Probably coincidence. Not sure they’d respond that quickly to us.

Believe I did somewhere between 2:30-3. Now I realize from someone else's reply I don't have corral number just bib number shoes 7xxx

Sounds good. Based on the 7xxx bib number, and what appears to be a continued use of sequentially seeded bib numbers, I’m going to say you are in the last corral. The highest HM solo bib number is 7055. With one caveat. If you secured your bib after the POT cutoff (August 2nd, 2022) then they may have already assigned bib numbers to runners. When you sign up after the POT deadline then they assign you a late bib number. The bib number then has no correlation to your assigned corral. If you are in the last corral, the start time is usually around 5:45-6:00am depending on where you place yourself within the corral.

The bib number then has no correlation to your assigned corral. If you are in the last corral, the start time is usually around 5:45-6:00am depending on where you place yourself within the corral.

Just doing another plug here to be aware of the time change. The sunrise is a full hour earlier on Sunday. Plan accordingly if your sun-avoidant! :flower:

For the tracking….is it still set up so you can get emails for tracking or have they locked it completely down to twitter now?

@Wendy98 glad to see you back. i hope your back is a lot better. I am sure it will be great to run with your daughter.
Thank you. I had to take a LONG break from all things running because of injury and health issues. I had to start completely over and restart completely over a few more times! I am learning how to love running again and the biggest joy has been watching my kids do it.

My goal is to not annoy my daughter on Sunday with my “words of encouragement”. She will have music available if she gets in a dark place or to drown me out!

Just doing another plug here to be aware of the time change. The sunrise is a full hour earlier on Sunday. Plan accordingly if your sun-avoidant! :flower:
Good reminder on having some sun screen handy that we don't mind tossing for those of us likely starting last. Thanks!

Floridian here adding on to say SUNSCREEN!!! I got a little pink the other day running for an hour past sunrise, WITH 50spf sunscreen. The sun is still very strong down here, folks.
For the tracking….is it still set up so you can get emails for tracking or have they locked it completely down to twitter now?
I couldn’t find anything other than Twitter, which I don’t use. Annoying.

Thank you. I had to take a LONG break from all things running because of injury and health issues. I had to start completely over and restart completely over a few more times! I am learning how to love running again and the biggest joy has been watching my kids do it.

My goal is to not annoy my daughter on Sunday with my “words of encouragement”. She will have music available if she gets in a dark place or to drown me out!
I'm in a similar boat. Training was going pretty great until 2mos ago. I had to have surgery and basically not even walk around much until last week. To me, it feels like I'm going into this with ZERO training but I've come to terms with that.....I think. Goal #1: finish the race, upright. Goal #2: enjoy the heck out of this first runDisney event for my 2 teens! That's it. :) Best of luck to you too!

I ordered the length of stay Memory Maker. Do we need to run in our MBs and do I need to do anything else to make sure our race photos show up on there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter