Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

Wow. I managed to register for my first RunDisney race (the W&D HM, which will be only my second time running that distance) after thinking about it and lurking on all the RD boards/Facebook groups for the last two years. I just wanted to say thank you to DopeyBadger for creating the instructional thread with all the details on how to register; you gave me the confidence to know that I could do it all correctly, which gave me the peace of mind of knowing that even if I didn't get in, I will have given it my best. I was able to stay calm, which is extraordinary for me.

Can't wait for November now. I already have my preferred room reserved at POP. I'll be traveling solo. I sure hope I get to meet some of you IRL!

-Grace

Wow. I managed to register for my first RunDisney race (the W&D HM, which will be only my second time running that distance) after thinking about it and lurking on all the RD boards/Facebook groups for the last two years. I just wanted to say thank you to DopeyBadger for creating the instructional thread with all the details on how to register; you gave me the confidence to know that I could do it all correctly, which gave me the peace of mind of knowing that even if I didn't get in, I will have given it my best. I was able to stay calm, which is extraordinary for me.

Can't wait for November now. I already have my preferred room reserved at POP. I'll be traveling solo. I sure hope I get to meet some of you IRL!

-Grace
I'm new to the forum (and getting mentally prepared for MW registration). Can you link me to said "instructional thread"?

Now that this is done, is the registration process for the virtual events anywhere near this insane? I registered a friend and her daughter today, but I'm thinking of doing the virtual myself as I love Alice, but I won't be there that weekend. And I'm not really a runner (I cycle), but I really want the medal lol.
the virtuals usually either don't sell out (until they close it to start packing/shipping) or don't sell out until after the medal reveals. For example, the Coco 5k virtual didn't sell out last year until they showed the medal

I'm new to the forum (and getting mentally prepared for MW registration). Can you link me to said "instructional thread"?
I'm also new, so this might not be the most streamlined way to find it, but...

Search for the thread titled:

Historical Race Weekend Sell Out Timing​

and locate DopeyBadger's Reply #29

Cograts on everyone getting in. Very jealous of everyone getting the challenge. Figment theme will be amazing!!! I can only afford one rundisney event a year and I am in for Disneyland.

But now I need to decide if I want to do virtual. I really want the figment medal... but it is soo much money for a virtual. I have only do 5k virtual to save on money.

-Grace

welcome-aboard-up-movie.gif

I'm also new, so this might not be the most streamlined way to find it, but...

Search for the thread titled:

Historical Race Weekend Sell Out Timing​

and locate DopeyBadger's Reply #29

Easiest way is to click the second image to the left of the post number you want to link. First to the left is the "bookmark" symbol, and then the second is the "share this post" which has a url in it. You can then create a link by highlighting the desired text in your post, clicking what looks like two chain links hooked together (towards the middle of the screen on my desktop), and then pasting the link in there. It'll look like this: link.

Despite not getting in for the challenge, and rejecting my payment, RunDisney charged me three times for the challenge. I feel not only should I get a challenge registration for this, but that I should get to run the races three times this November. 8-)

Despite not getting in for the challenge, and rejecting my payment, RunDisney charged me three times for the challenge. I feel not only should I get a challenge registration for this, but that I should get to run the races three times this November. 8-)
It should just be pending charges. They'll drop off in a couple of days.

First time 5k for me and I got my husband in for the challenge. He is a runner who did Dopey last year but it was enough to convince me to join him. It was stressful this morning with each of us on multiple devices and things glitching out. This will be our first vacation without kids so looking forward to that.

Looks like all the in-person races have now sold out.

2023 Race
Start (link)
Queue opened at 10:04am FL time (link)
10k sold out in 78 min (link)
Challenge sold out in 85 min (link)
5k sold out in 110 min (link)
No more queue after 130 min (link)
HM sold out in 144 min (link)

For the historical record: I believe the half was sold out in 135 min if we are counting from 10:04am ... I took the attached screenshot showing all races sold out at 12:19pm ET!

Attachments

• screenshot-winedine-rev.jpg
    screenshot-winedine-rev.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 14
Catching up on all the excitement/stress this morning! I had a crazy day at work, but also plumb forgot it was registration day. I guess this is what CrD membership has done to me.

I wasn't going to register anyway, but am considering the virtual challenge for the Figment bling. Congrats to everyone who got in, and good luck to those of you who didn't but were charged anyway!

Something I noticed, this was the largest price increase for the 10K in its history during this weekend.
It is? I’m seeing 146 last year to 151, which doesn’t seem that bad. I’m terrible about keeping an eye on these prices, I just assume it’s going to be rough and try not to pay too much attention to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter