Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

Wow. Based on the responses here, I’m going to be all alone in s4 during the half 😢 Just me and the Balloon Ladies 😢 I’m going to buy CrD Plat when it re-opens AND begin padding my finish estimates a bit 😀😀😀

Wow. Based on the responses here, I’m going to be all alone in s4 during the half 😢 Just me and the Balloon Ladies 😢 I’m going to buy CrD Plat when it re-opens AND begin padding my finish estimates a bit 😀😀😀

Fewer crowds for the character pictures? ;)

I must say idk if it’s due to no character meet lines or being smart and starting with merchandise rather than bibs but this felt like my quickest RunDisney expo

Hope they'll still have distanced character sightings in the pre and post race areas. I need something to do while drinking my post race beer! :drinking1

Can someone remind me where I was supposed to get my gift card? Was it sent in an email?
Just left the expo - was so happy they still had plenty of wine glasses as that’s my only traditional purchase. I’m s3, for anyone updating that list.

Hope they'll still have distanced character sightings in the pre and post race areas. I need something to do while drinking my post race beer! :drinking1
I’m thinking if there is anything pre/post it will be like the expo photo opps

Attachments

• 47375E85-44FA-4FA9-89F0-FF6670D7320C.jpeg
    47375E85-44FA-4FA9-89F0-FF6670D7320C.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 22
I can see why there is a 2hr group in s1. My POT using a 10K (if running) would put me in s1, but I have never run a 2hr HM. There is also two 3:30 pace groups in s4. It would have made more sense to have a second 2hr pace group in s2, but maybe there is a lack of pacers available?

Can someone remind me where I was supposed to get my gift card? Was it sent in an email?
Just left the expo - was so happy they still had plenty of wine glasses as that’s my only traditional purchase. I’m s3, for anyone updating that list.
What are these gift cards everyone is talking about?

$15 e-gift card would have been emailed to address of runDisney account if you are doing challenge or half.
Got mine a little over a week ago, make sure you check spam folder, comes from ‘gift card services’

Just to confirm what time are we supposed to be at the race? I know the start time but they used to have a be there time posted previously. I checked on line and in our hotel lobby (no signs as in the past) and couldn’t find anything. The front desk showed me a sheet that they had with transportation times but that’s it. Plus the resort transportation time was 3-5am (when the race is supposed to start). With the forecasted rain, I don’t want to stand around any longer than I need to.

I got s3 for the 5K and s4 for the challenge. I thought I put in somewhere around 12 minute mile pace. My husband is doing the 10k and got s3 and I know I put the same pace for both of us. Hoping he can fall back a group so we can run together.

question though….they didn’t take pictures for the challenge did they? I know they did that in 2019, but I didn’t see anything like that this year and wasn’t told to go somewhere to do that….hope I didn’t miss something!

PSA: Anyone doing the W&D and staying at the Swan Reserve should contact the front desk ASAP and explicitly let the front desk know that they are here for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon and may not be available on Saturday evening since they have to catch a bus to the race at 2:30 AM on Sunday morning.

From Facebook for those interested in pacers for the HM:

View attachment 619783

Haven't seen enough data yet, but a bit surprising to see the 2hr pace group in s1 instead of s2. Or at a minimum a group in both s1 and s2 like the 2:30 group.
I chose poorly when I selected my finish time. I foolishly chose a conservative time. I’m always on the border of just under/over 3 hours. Grrrr.

That's surprising. Hard to make heads or tails of it without more data in the 5k bib group. Almost like the bibs are in reverse order (s3 is fastest and s1 is slowest). It'll be interesting to see where @rundisfan ends up with under 8mm. But we may have a hard time making any concrete conclusions.
I’m in s1 for both the 5k and challenge

$15 e-gift card would have been emailed to address of runDisney account if you are doing challenge or half.
Got mine a little over a week ago, make sure you check spam folder, comes from ‘gift card services’
Thank you. I signed up for the challenge, but I’m not seeing anything in my email. I wonder if someone working at the expo would know anything about it

Have I missed discussion of how the Expo Pass worked? I know people had issues with waivers, but I'm curious when/where the Expo Pass was shown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter