Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

Today, it seemed like they moved quickly because of the rain, and most were shorter too. Lotso was the only long line I saw, but Queen and Shan Yu weren't out for me (s1 first group).

I don't think you get a lot of hugging and character interaction during races, at least in my experience. Racers know to keep things moving.
Were there CMs there to take pics with your phone or just selfies?

Would you say the lines for character stops were quicker because no hugging or close contact?
Lines for the characters when we passed them were very short. But I think the rain, a smaller 5K field and the fact that we were in start group 1 had a bigger impact than the new character set up. To me the character stops looked just like the old ones: Runners waited in line, ran up to the character, stood next to him/her, photopass photographer took their pic and then the runner got back on the course and the next runner ran up. I did see some runners taking selfie’s instead of a photopass pic.

Does anyone know if you can return/exchange Disney merch purchased at the expo? I bought a Spirit Jersey and they stupidly don’t label them as Mens or Womens on the tags, nor do they have distinct Mens and Womens sections. Long story short, I bought a Womens and I need a Mens. Why can’t Disney just make these things Unisex? Argh. I knew I should have gotten the all black one. Sigh. Next time I will try on.

This drives me crazy across property and almost got me at the expo. In the opening frenzy, I grabbed a jacket in my size and thankfully tried it on first. Too small. Went up a size. Too small. Dawned on me that it was the Ladies. Went and got the Mens and my usual size fit fine (apparently the Ladies version has the white stripe on the sleeve).

Could they just put something on the price tag at least that says Mens/Ladies/Unisex?

Has anyone seen any runDisney medal racks (the powder coated metal ones?) I need another one and couldn’t find them at the Disney merch.

That does seem right I just can't believe 12 min pace will be in S1. But there seems to be a big difference for the half and challenge. And I guess they still low ball the corrals for the 10k for challenge folks.
Only thing I can think of is that they want to spread people among the groups evenly and that might mean putting some people in the 10-12 section in S1? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Has anyone seen any runDisney medal racks (the powder coated metal ones?) I need another one and couldn’t find them at the Disney merch.

Are they SportHooks? If so, they shut down a couple of years ago. I think I saw something about them trying to restart, maybe under a different name, but I’m not sure if they’re back up yet.

That does seem right I just can't believe 12 min pace will be in S1. But there seems to be a big difference for the half and challenge. And I guess they still low ball the corrals for the 10k for challenge folks.
I’m a 1201-14 m/m and I was in B (of A-C) for the 5K (didn’t run this year)
Was in E for 10k 2019 (A-F) S4 this year

Are they SportHooks? If so, they shut down a couple of years ago. I think I saw something about them trying to restart, maybe under a different name, but I’m not sure if they’re back up yet.
These were actual Disney branded official Disney products. No worries.

Only thing I can think of is that they want to spread people among the groups evenly and that might mean putting some people in the 10-12 section in S1? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's possible, but that was an issue in the past. They used to try and even out the corrals/starting groups with hard caps (like 2000 people per corral). But then you'd have a group of people who were friends who wanted to run together. All put 10-12, and then were assigned s1 vs s2 (using the current lingo). The s1 runners could move back to s2, but they didn't want to. That caused a lot of emails and runner relations issues surrounding these things for runDisney. So that's why more recently they moved to the model of not trying to even things out and rather just using mini-waves within corrals to spread it. Some corrals ended up having 30-40% of the field even though with 8 corrals it should have been more like 12.5% per corral if spread evenly. Although it's impossible for me to say definitively on the scant data we've gotten thus far from Wine and Dine weekend, so it remains a possibility.

I’m bib 225xx in S3 with 2-2:15 finish time for the half and 8-10 pace for the 10k
My husband is 305xx in S1 with 8-10 pace for the 10k

DW and I did 5K today. As others said it was wet but not terrible. It was great being back with the runDisney family. We walk the 5K as DW has knee issues. At about 1/2 mile in, her kneecap pop out of joint. She is so strong. We got to 1.3 until we couldn’t go further. We had to catch a ride but we did cross the finish line. It’s not the outcome we wanted but we will live for another day and we will finish the race at a later date. I’m so proud her courage. I’m looking forward to tomorrow and Sunday’s races.

I’m late on this but I’ve got 21xxx - a low 21xxx - for the challenge and s2. Not CrD, no PoT. I did probably select the first estimated finish that didn’t require PoT, but that’s always put me pretty far back in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter