~~~Winter Disney pin sent/received~~~.....completed!!

I thought maybe I would get one first, if the mail is not routed through the northeast. But nothing so far. :confused3
From my experience with international, it seems to be fairly quick, within a week, or extremely slow -- up to 2 months.
I had a large pin packet I was ready to give up on, and it finally showed up almost 2 months later. The only thing I could figure out is it was mis-sorted and went by boat instead.

I kind of thought you might be first too, Barbara ......I do hope they are getting closer.
That is a lot of pins to resend :eek: 3 more mail days and we'll see what happens.
Hopefully some will arrive, so we know they are working their way around the country.

I'll give mine two months. If it doesn't show by then, then I will figure someone decided to loose or keep them somewhere along the way.
Or if replacements are mailed to me, and I receive two packets in the end, I can just do an impromptu exchange and mail some different pins back. :confused3 Not like I don't have (ahem) a few :rolleyes1 extras laying around.

I think Sat. we'll see where things are and give each person still waiting the choice of continuing to wait or get a resend....we do have one child waiting.
So, Sat. after mail delivery, we can get it figured out.

Correction...no mail Sat....so if not tomorrow or Friday, we will reevaluate.

I would bet it is there, Heidi....I checked on her and she hasn't been on since 12-20.
She may be out of town for the holidays.

I just wanted to let you guys know that all international mail is affected. Seems the stuff sent to me was lucky and got through, but there are a lot of pin traders waiting on packages at the Disney Pin Forum.

http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?1507-Hows-Overseas-Trades-doing-right-now

There appears to be extra security checks on mail since a failed bomb plot in November. This was on the Disney Pin Forum, from the Royal Mail.

In November, the United States Department of Homeland Security increased security measures for items carried on passenger airlines. As a result, mail entering the US from around the world, and including the UK, that would normally be sent via passenger aircraft must now travel by other means, including cargo planes.

The vast majority of items, including letters and Christmas cards, posted prior to the last recommended posting date of 10th December have been and will continue to arrive in the US in time for Christmas. However, these ongoing security issues, combined with the impact of recent severe weather on the movement of mail throughout the UK, are causing delays to some items bound for the US. We’re really sorry for these unavoidable delays and are doing everything we can to keep mail moving out of and into the UK.

Since the middle of November and throughout the recent period of weather related service disruption in parts of the UK, we have implemented a number of contingency plans to ensure as much of our customers’ mail reaches the US as quickly as possible. In finding alternative, available routes and transportation to the US, it’s possible that the delivery pattern of some items may have been interrupted and not all mail will arrive in the sequence in which it was posted. Handling significantly increased volumes of mail at this festive time along with the complexity of reacting at pace to contingency arrangements, means we’re unable to track individual items for customers or identify exactly when in the current arrival patterns deliveries are likely to take place.

Keep those fingers crossed! :grouphug:

I can say for sure it didn't arrive here today :( Mail came and no pins.

Thanks Nancy, hopefully she will check in soon.

Wow Cheryl that doesn't sound too promising.

That's great that most of you are willing to wait.
We do hope they can get through the red tape and make their way to us all.....soon ::yes::

I take it still no arrivals today??

I will leave this thread active.....but won't be bumping it until pins start arriving.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Hopefully soon
Everyone is willing to wait, so we are giving this one longer and hope all those pin packages can make it through the red tape....and sooner rather than later.

Nancy my second package did make it to its new home. :thumbsup2

Yes, I heard from WDWRocksMySocks.....so glad one made it :)

That just leaves the 9 coming from the UK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter