Woman kicked out of a Starbucks, was complaining that other customers were speaking Korean

So your problem is with employees having private, non work related conversations. And that is a totally legit complaint. The language in which they are having those conversations is totally irrelevant.

Private, non work related conversations are against the rules where my daughter works part-time as a cashier. They send through secret shoppers on a routine basis and people have been written up for it.

Last edited:
DH thought the same way until DD started school. Oh, how it all come back. Helping DD with her school work has definitely made it come back as we are actually using it. I only took French as a Second Language (30 mins a day gr 4-12) and while I can read and write it my speaking is a different story. But it is coming back as we are using it.
This so true. DD hasnt had formal instruction in French since high school, but when we were in Paris a few years ago, it all came back. It amazed her how much vocabulary and grammar she retained.

I am on the west coast of Canada and my husband and I made the decision to educate our daughter, now eight in French. Our public schools offer a programme called French Immersion in which the students take all of their subject in French until middle school when elective courses are added and they are in English. My husband completed his schooling the same way. DD8 now goes to the same elementary school I did which had just introduce French Immersion the year before I started kindergarten in 1982. The programme has grown to the point where the school population is 75% French and 25% English classes. It is so popular for 2 reasons. It is a great way to ensure that your child becomes bilingual,especially with all the learning and mental benefits, that opens the door to many more job and career opportunities especially with the Federal government. And the second, during the cut backs to education, student learning assistance was reduced to a point where teachers had many special needs students in the class with little or no extra support for these students. Most times the French immersion classes didn't have these students , or had fewer of them and less severe cases. Many parents with children who have learning difficulties are not going to put another obstacle in front of their child when it come to their education. I know in the Vancouver area Mandarin immersion programmes are also available through the public school system in addition to the French immersion.

Both my kids are in French Immersion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter