• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder’s first sailing to Tasmania not that smooth

Uh oh. 😯 Thanks for letting us know. I wouldn't have thought it would be rough. I'm taking the same cruise in Feb.

Hopefully the seas calm down soon and everyone can get back to enjoying the Disney magic!

Other than the rough seas - how has your time on the Wonder been?

Just looked up the "Bass Strait" on Wikipedia. Wow. We're not talking Ft Lauderdale <=> Nassau folks.

Hope all are safe and congrats to DCL for opening up more of this amazing world to their cruisers.

As someone who has lived their whole life in Tasmania, I just wanted to share how excited I was to see a Disney thread with Tasmania in the title 😀
Sailing across Bass Strait is really a “luck of the draw” situation, I have done it many times on our overnight ferry (absolutely nothing as exciting as a Disney cruise). Sometimes it is very smooth sailing, sometimes you just want it to be over.

If you have a bad cruise down, get off the ship and enjoy solid land before the return trip, at least wander around the dock area for a few hours. Enjoy world class fish n chips from any place near the wharf, I recommend Mures. If you are docking on a Saturday you MUST do Salamanca market - it is one of the best tourist/family markets in the world!

WELCOME to Tasmania everyone!

Currently on the wonder sailing from Tasmania to Sydney. Seas are extremely rough a lot of people are getting sick. Some type of incident on deck 2 mid ship. Lots of crew keeping guests away. Wet carpet in medical centre. They are very keen for it to be hush hush
We were on the sailing too. Two windows on deck two broke from waves crashing against them. Everyone was safe and no one was harmed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter