Wonder Jan 14, 2015

I would actually love any advice on the shore excursions. We have an 8 and 5 year old who are decent but not strong swimmers. I can't imagine, therefore, that snorkeling or in water animal encounters will be a good idea. Has anyone been to any of the stops who can recommend anything? We are happy to not incur the additional expenses and don't need a lot of activity. I would love to see Atlantis, but couldn't we just get a cab and go look around without having to pay for a tour?

Looking forward to our first Disney Cruise this January! And would love to participate in the Fish Extender.

(And super new to DisBoards, so still trying to figure out all of the signature stuff...)

We just booked today and I can't wait!!! We just got off the Magic on 11/9 and i miss it so much!!! I asked to join the FB group!!! Can't wait to see if there is an FE to join!!!!

I am from NJ and my hubby will be joining me on this cruise! We are leaving our 2 kids at home for some alone time in the sun!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!

I just realized that this will complete our Grand Slam of all the boats!!!

My husband, son, daughter and I will be joining you all! This will be our first cruise and the kids first Disney experience. DS will be turning 7 the day before we cruise (1/13), DD is 4. The kids and my husband have no idea we are going yet, the cruise is a surprise Christmas gift from our parents.

I've booked dinner at Palo (8:30PM) for Saturday night (Key West), the trolly/train and museum combo tour (Key West) and the Blue Lagoon Beach day (Nassau). Not planning to book anything in Castaway Cay - we'll just relax and enjoy the day.

I've bought our pirate costumes, too!

Would love to hear any ideas for surprising the family with the news of trip for Christmas. I have a few but am certainly open to suggestions!

Looking forward to a wonderful trip!

We have just booked this trip (OGT) and we'll be traveling with another family. Did a 3 night cruise on the Dream a couple of years ago and we're looking forward to an extra day and a new boat! :)

We are also surprising our kids with this cruise at Christmas...I think I'm going to have a box with a few Disney items in it and then a big sign in the bottom that says we're going on a cruise! They will be excited...the LOVED the last one and started asking to go back as soon as we got home.

So far we are not doing any excursions on Castaway Cay or Key West. I think we're going to do the secret "Comfort Suites" Atlantis access thing to get a cheaper day at Atlantis in Nassau. We did the Blue Lagoon Dolphin encounter last time and while it was neat, I wouldn't pay for it again.

I'm a newbie...what's the FE?

Hi I'm super new to all of this. Would love to participate in the fe, how can I be added?? We r traveling with another family as well who would participate, and help would be appreciated
Kathy

Hi,
We're first time cruisers. Just learned about the FE program. :confused3 Is it too late to join?

Thank you! :flower3:

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

It's never too late as long as someone is willing to take charge and just do it! :)

Enjoy!

Cruise is coming up fast. Guess I'd better get started thinking about cruise details. Rental cars booked, hotels booked, palo booked.... For everything else there's MasterCard. Will there be a meet n greet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter