Wooing a Disney Hatin' DH -- in August...SINGLE DIGITS!!!

Ooooh, I love the Hallmark stuff! I saw them on another PTR too and had to go to our Hallmark store to see if they had any. Too bad they only had a couple of the plaques. I didn't see anything like that first one...I love that! My only complaint is that the plaques were a bit bigger than I thought. Oh well, I still might have to get one.

It is 16 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes and 33 seconds until we leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so freaking excited. :woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo:

I'm sitting here listening to Mouse House Radio (LOVE!!) on Live 365. If anyone hasn't checked it out, I highly suggest it. Right now, they're playing the SSE ride audio. It's making me SO excited for our trip!!! I'm obsessed w/ Live 365. It's great.

I'm also really excited b/c I'm going to see Keith Urban, live, next week. He's my absolute FAVORITE singer and I can't wait!!!

I also stopped at Hallmark this week and picked up these:

IMAG0449.jpg

IMAG0447.jpg

Thanks to HeatherBelle614 for the heads up about these awesome little things. I almost left the store with more than just two. I had to limit myself. :rolleyes1

I think we're going to pull out the suitcases soon, too! For some reason, I get REALLY excited when that happens. Now, I need to work on a packing list.

I LOVE those signs from Hallmark!!! :love:
How much were they if you don't mind me asking?

I want to pull out our suitcases too, I could pack up Alanna and Scott, but I still need my clothes haha.

It is 16 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes and 33 seconds until we leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so freaking excited. :woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo:

I'm sitting here listening to Mouse House Radio (LOVE!!) on Live 365. If anyone hasn't checked it out, I highly suggest it. Right now, they're playing the SSE ride audio. It's making me SO excited for our trip!!! I'm obsessed w/ Live 365. It's great.

I'm also really excited b/c I'm going to see Keith Urban, live, next week. He's my absolute FAVORITE singer and I can't wait!!!

I also stopped at Hallmark this week and picked up these:

IMAG0449.jpg

IMAG0447.jpg

Thanks to HeatherBelle614 for the heads up about these awesome little things. I almost left the store with more than just two. I had to limit myself. :rolleyes1

I think we're going to pull out the suitcases soon, too! For some reason, I get REALLY excited when that happens. Now, I need to work on a packing list.

Getting close..yeah!! :banana::banana::woohoo:

I really love the pixie dust sign!!! I don't think I've seen that Dream one, but that's pretty too! :lovestruc I really love them all...I want to buy another one but I don't know if I can decide which one! :rotfl:

Like others have said, I love the plaques and will deffinetly be getting some next time im at or near a hallmark!!!

Thank you for the links to the disney shows!!! I never knew there was a boy meets world one, so I'll deffinetly be watching that some time this week. I had heard about the Roseanne one (there's also a Golden Girls episode!!!) but I havn't seen it. Maybe I'll DVR it just to get me even more excited for my upcoming trip...

You're so close to your trip!!! We're also at the same point of not being able to wait!!!

I will definitely have to check out Mouse Owners; I still don't understand why they did away with the Wanted thread here, but I'm sure there was some reason behind it.

Thanks for posting the DVC link; I check through that all the time, too. I just wish they'd add VGC on there for our trip next June.

I love the stuff you bought at Hallmark! I've spent wayyyy too much there lately.

BTW, are you on FB? PM me your page link, if so! :cutie:

ETA - For anyone that has been asking rental questions, I can also tell you how to check that the member does have a deed through the comptroller office. That's always one of the first things I verify. Let me know if anyone is interested!

Yeah, I was really bummed when they made that rule. Mouse Owners is great, though. Plus, I always stalk the "Where's My Thread" section so I can see the new postings easily. It's the best way to find points for rent imo.

Oh my gosh, that Hallmark stuff is so addictive!!! When I bought those two things, I also received a coupon for next time. Yeah, like I need that! LOL!!!

Yay, so glad we're FB friends now. :)

Those Hallmark plaques are too cute!! I'll have to check them out and maybe pick up one for myself!! Can you believe how close we are?? I'm freaking out, I hope the next 2 weeks fly by!

Aren't they cool? I'm obsessed!!

I know!!! Our trips are coming up so fast. I seriously can't believe how quickly time has flown by. INSANE!!!! Time can keep on flying until we're there. Then it can go nice and slow. :thumbsup2

LOVE the stuff from Hallmark!

My suitcase never gets put away...is that bad?! :rolleyes1

Ha, mine wouldn't either if it weren't for DH. I absolutely HATE unpacking. Blech!

Ooooh, I love the Hallmark stuff! I saw them on another PTR too and had to go to our Hallmark store to see if they had any. Too bad they only had a couple of the plaques. I didn't see anything like that first one...I love that! My only complaint is that the plaques were a bit bigger than I thought. Oh well, I still might have to get one.

Aw, Sarah...you're in WDW right now!! Hope you guys are having a blast!!!!

You should try going to several different stores (if your area is like mine, you probably have at least 5 close by...why do we need so many???). I went to another store and they had all sorts of different styles there. So cute!!! They also have the smaller plaques (like the one I got) that are only 4"x6".

I LOVE those signs from Hallmark!!! :love:
How much were they if you don't mind me asking?

I want to pull out our suitcases too, I could pack up Alanna and Scott, but I still need my clothes haha.

They were both $9.95 -- not bad imo! Love them.

Isn't it tempting to start packing way before you need to? I'd start today if I knew I could get away with it. Unfortunately, I'm like, I need my clothes.

Getting close..yeah!! :banana::banana::woohoo:

I know...less than two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really love the pixie dust sign!!! I don't think I've seen that Dream one, but that's pretty too! :lovestruc I really love them all...I want to buy another one but I don't know if I can decide which one! :rotfl:

The dream one is one of my favorite quotes, ever. :lovestruc They're all so cute. It was really hard to chose which ones. If I had my way, my office would be covered w/ them all. I figured that was a little excessive, though. :laughing:

Like others have said, I love the plaques and will deffinetly be getting some next time im at or near a hallmark!!!

Thank you for the links to the disney shows!!! I never knew there was a boy meets world one, so I'll deffinetly be watching that some time this week. I had heard about the Roseanne one (there's also a Golden Girls episode!!!) but I havn't seen it. Maybe I'll DVR it just to get me even more excited for my upcoming trip...

You're so close to your trip!!! We're also at the same point of not being able to wait!!!

Ooh, you'll have to let me know which one/s you get!

There's a Golden Girls one?! Oooh...I used to love the Golden Girls. I always thought it was so cool how you could see their "house" on the Backlot Tour. Now I have to go hunt for that one on YouTube.

I know!!! It's so crazy. I can't believe we're so close. :goodvibes

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I can't believe we have less than TWO weeks before our trip. :dance3: Although, you know that that means...that crazy, I'm going to Disney so I'm too excited to sleep feeling. I woke up this morning at 6am thinking about where we'd be this time in two weeks. SO. EXCITED!

Room Requests

I went ahead and finally submitted room requests for VWL and the Poly (thanks Nicole, your PTR gave me a nudge on this one).

VWL

Last August, we requested a water view and got shoved all the way down in the boonies on the first floor (at least we didn't have the dumpster view). Still, it was a LONG haul after a day at the parks and we the view was...uh, yeah. We decided this year we'd just request something near the elevator. We did that in January, and got one of the cute little corner rooms on the 4th floor. I'm crossing my fingers it works again.

Here's a map of the area we're hoping for:

wildernesslodge-2.jpg

The Poly

Even though we're staying there for one night, I've spent countless hours on the Tiki Man Pages trying to decide what longhouse we should request. I loved the idea of Aotearoa -- especially if I could see the monorail from our room. Samoa has a great location to the Grand Ceremonial House and the Volcano pool...I'd love to get a room w/ a pool view. Tokelau is centrally located (only 3 minutes to TTC and Grand Ceremonial House). Tokelau rooms are somewhat larger than other Poly rooms and you have a chance of getting a sideways lagoon view if you're towards the end of the building.

We decided to request the 2nd or 3rd floor in Tokelau. Our second choice is Samoa.

poly_map_aerial.jpg

We decided to request the 2nd or 3rd floor in Tokelau. Our second choice is Samoa.

If they are at all "upgrade-happy" you may very well end up in Hawaii (though likely not on the lagoon side). On our 08 trip we were upgraded prior to check-in and despite our request for Tokelau. Belive me, we didn't mind. LOL!

Wish you some pixie dust that you get all of your requests! :tinker:

Hope you get your requests! I love WL, but we had a room that was sooooo far away from the lobby, after a day in the parks, it was a long walk!

I want to stay in the Poly someday, but I know nothing about the longhouses, I'd have to do some serious research to decide where I'd want to request! Good luck! :goodvibes

I hope you can get your requests!!! :goodvibes I can't wait to see pictures of both hotels when you get back (hint hint ;):laughing:) they both look very pretty!!!

If they are at all "upgrade-happy" you may very well end up in Hawaii (though likely not on the lagoon side). On our 08 trip we were upgraded prior to check-in and despite our request for Tokelau. Belive me, we didn't mind. LOL!

Wish you some pixie dust that you get all of your requests! :tinker:

I know a lot of people who've had that luck at the Poly. Hopefully, we'll join that club.

Hope you get your requests! I love WL, but we had a room that was sooooo far away from the lobby, after a day in the parks, it was a long walk!

I want to stay in the Poly someday, but I know nothing about the longhouses, I'd have to do some serious research to decide where I'd want to request! Good luck! :goodvibes

Thanks! If I had to chose, I suppose I prefer the VWL request. It really is a LONG haul.

Ooh, if you ever do stay at the Poly I HIGHLY recommend checking out the Tiki Man Pages. It a great site!!

I hope you can get your requests!!! :goodvibes I can't wait to see pictures of both hotels when you get back (hint hint ;):laughing:) they both look very pretty!!!

Ha, no worries...I'll make sure to take an obscene amount of pictures while we're there. :)

I want to stay at the Poly :guilty:

If you send me your picture, I can do a flat version of you and it will be like you're there in spirit. :rotfl:

Ugh, I'm sick!! :sad1: I haven't been feeling well all week -- cold chills, scratchy throat, runny nose...a FEVER. Yeah, not great. I finally broke down and went to the doctor yesterday. I have a viral infection. BOO!! Who gets sick in the summer? Well, apparently I do. The doctor thinks I should be fine by next week...but still. I have A LOT to do at work, plus I'm going to the concert/state fair this Saturday and we're celebrating MIL's birthday tomorrow night. Eeek!!!

On a brighter note, we have 10 days, 0 hours, 36 minutes and 36 seconds until we leave!!! On an even better note, I only have FIVE work days left until vacation. :dance3: Time is flying!! Since we're in the 10 day range, our travel dates are finally popping up on Accuweather's 15 day forecast. Although I really don't trust a long range forecast, I'm still really excited to see our dates on there. Here's what it says:

WEather-1.jpg

Hope you get well soon. Well, at least you will be better for your trip.:thumbsup2

Car Rental News!

After stalking Alamo for the last few months, I FINALLY found a decent rate!! It's $152.28 for a compact. That's just $4 more than Enterprise. We've always used Alamo in the past, so I feel way more comfortable using them. WOO!! Just in case any of you are looking for a rental car, I used discount code 7015210 (Visa 20% code) and coupon code AD2123JMC ($30 off from MouseSavers).

I hope you feel better soon!!! Just think-- you'll be at the world in only 10 days!!! (that always makes me feel better :rotfl2:)

May DD's are sick too, you are NOT alone. My DS has been complaining of body aches and sores on his tongue. Alot is going around. My voice is cracking and I have had some stomach issues.

I'm glad its now and not while we are in WDW! All of my children have somethng viral at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter