• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Wooing a Disney Hatin' DH -- in August...SINGLE DIGITS!!!

When we went to Universal last year, I think the longest we waited was 45 min for dueling dragons (which wasn't so bad compared to what the rides usually are). Then again, Rip Ride & Rocket and WWoHP weren't open at the time, so I don't know how things might have changed.

I hope you will be able to make it to WWoHP. I'm a die-hard HP fan, but I won't be making it there anytime soon :sad1::sad1::sad1:. You'll deffinetly have to take hundreds of pictures so I can pretend I'm there :lmao:

your Universal plans sound great! My mom is a HUGE HP fan and I definitely want to take her when she comes with us next time. She hasnt been in so long but I hope to plan a trip in the next couple of years with her. :wizard:

I will check out that fake pin link - so sad people make it hard to enjoy some things.

Your Universal plans look good to me, but I know nothing about Universal and what to do first! :confused3 We'll be going in November, and I figured we would just wing it and do whatever! I'm interested in the Harry Potter area, but if it looks crazy, I'll just wait til next time! :)

Thats kind of our plan too. I haven't been there since 2000 and SO MUCH has changed since then. I am not paying the extra money for their version of FP. Just kind of wish I knew which direction to head to first, which rides are the most favorable and usually have long waits? I assume right now its HP.

So the red maple is not an alcoholic drink? Is it on the DDP? Sounds good, I love RASPBERRIES!

I've rented DVC points three times so far, and enjoyed each time.

I may PM you for your thoughts, advice, etc. on this. I'm running the Princess 1/2 marathon next Feb. and am thinking about renting points but am a wee nervous about the whole proces...

Last August, we brought along Flat Rachel (my BFF -- who couldn't go b/c she had just had a baby). Here she is enjoying KS:
6016_962566975969_6852884_53533197_6047448_n.jpg

I had a 'Flat Jilli' on my Sept. 08 trip. Only she was drawn. On a napkin. In crayon. LOL

We already had two stubborn cats, and for some crazy reason we thought it would be great to get a dog. Um...clearly we weren't thinking. She's a really sweetheart, but she loves to chew, and chew, and chew some more.

Dory occasionally throws up in BF's Crocs. I feel your pain.

The day we first got her.
30421_10100217791970009_6852884_58896950_1403294_n.jpg

If you ever need to "unload" her, PM me. I'll take her. In a heartbeat. ;)

Just don't tell BF....shhhhh.

It cracks me up -- we're in one of the most fun places on earth and DH would rather hang out in the arcade and play the pitching game. :confused3

It's genetic. Attached to the Y chromosome. I'm planning on strategically avoiding every arcarde in the World in September.

I think the US plans sound great; you might just want to check wait times for the HP attractions if you're in the area later on though, just as a back-up.

I'm hoping to get up-to-speed on your report today. Your trip is so soon! :woohoo:

Convincing him wasn't easy. It was a looooong, sloooooow, process. But it'll be worth it. :love:

Ha, I bet it was a painful process. I'm so glad you were able to finally convince him, though. You're going to have a great time!!

When we went to Universal last year, I think the longest we waited was 45 min for dueling dragons (which wasn't so bad compared to what the rides usually are). Then again, Rip Ride & Rocket and WWoHP weren't open at the time, so I don't know how things might have changed.

I hope you will be able to make it to WWoHP. I'm a die-hard HP fan, but I won't be making it there anytime soon :sad1::sad1::sad1:. You'll deffinetly have to take hundreds of pictures so I can pretend I'm there :lmao:

I'm also a huge HP fan. I'm SO excited for the first part of the 7th movie to come out. That trailer looks AH-MAAAZZZING!!!! Can't wait.

I'm a little worried I'll be disappointed w/ WWoHP. Hogwarts looks great, but I still think they should've done a little more with it. I'm still bummed you can't ride the Hogwart's Express. How cool would that have been? I'm still excited, though.

I'll make sure to take tons of pics for you.

your Universal plans sound great! My mom is a HUGE HP fan and I definitely want to take her when she comes with us next time. She hasnt been in so long but I hope to plan a trip in the next couple of years with her. :wizard:

I will check out that fake pin link - so sad people make it hard to enjoy some things.

You should definitely take your mom! I bet she'd love it. My sister just recently converted my mom into becoming a HP fan. Have you read the books?

I know!! It's frustrating, but you'll still have lots of fun.

Thats kind of our plan too. I haven't been there since 2000 and SO MUCH has changed since then. I am not paying the extra money for their version of FP. Just kind of wish I knew which direction to head to first, which rides are the most favorable and usually have long waits? I assume right now its HP.

So the red maple is not an alcoholic drink? Is it on the DDP? Sounds good, I love RASPBERRIES!

I don't blame you. I think their FP thing is a rip off. Plus, I don't think you can use it for FJ so it really wouldn't be worth it. As for where to start first, if we're at IOA we start at the Hulk and then head to Spiderman. Those two seem to have the longest lines in the park. At Universal Studios, we head straight to the Mummy. It's our favorite and the line can get long pretty quickly if the parks are crowded. Another good tip for Universal, get there early. Crowds seem to pick up greatly around 11a-12p. We did all of IOA before 12p last August. It was great!

Yep, it's non-alcoholic. It's included on the DDP, they just count it as pop. If you love raspberries, you HAVE to get this drink. It's so good!!!!

I may PM you for your thoughts, advice, etc. on this. I'm running the Princess 1/2 marathon next Feb. and am thinking about renting points but am a wee nervous about the whole proces...

No problem! I've loved renting DVC points. It's easy and makes deluxe so much cheaper. :thumbsup2 I've rented from people I've found on the DIS and they've all rented in the past. We've always had a great experience. Just make sure to stick with people who have references, use a contract and that you can verify they own DVC using the Florida's Comptroller's site.

I had a 'Flat Jilli' on my Sept. 08 trip. Only she was drawn. On a napkin. In crayon. LOL

HA!!! That's awesome.

Dory occasionally throws up in BF's Crocs. I feel your pain.

Sounds like you have a Croc hater on your hands. Does she only do it in BF's Crocs? She may be trying to tell him something. :rotfl:

If you ever need to "unload" her, PM me. I'll take her. In a heartbeat. ;)

Just don't tell BF....shhhhh.

Isn't she a cutie? Too bad she acted like Cujo all weekend long. I was babysitting my 5 yo nephew and Mishka liked to put her front paws on his shoulders (ala conga line) and lick his ears. He was so freaked out by her. I felt bad, but thought it was hilarious.

It's genetic. Attached to the Y chromosome. I'm planning on strategically avoiding every arcarde in the World in September.

So true!!! That's a great plan. Unfortunately, DH already knows about (and is already talking about going) the Toy Story Pizza Planet arcade and he really liked the Contemporary arcade, too. :sad2:

I think the US plans sound great; you might just want to check wait times for the HP attractions if you're in the area later on though, just as a back-up.

Yeah, I'm going to keep an eye out on the wait-time boards just to make sure it doesn't get too crowded. I would be so ticked if we missed FJ b/c of my crappy planning.

It's FINALLY August!!!!! That means we're going to WDW this month! :yay::dance3::yay::dance3::yay::dance3:
To be precise, it's 19 days, 22 hours, 47 minutes and 15 seconds until we leave. But who's counting? I can't believe it's coming up so soon. It seems like the last two months have been D-R-A-G-G-I-N-G! I hate to wish the summer away, but when you work full time, live in Indiana where it's a miserable 90+ everyday w/ 99% humidity and not much else to do...it's safe to say you're not really missing anything.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the time is going to FLY by. Our weekends are all booked until we leave -- Keith Urban concert (I absolutely LOVE him!!), State Fair (I'm in love with fairs...there's nothing like looking at a bunch of smelly animals while munching on deep fried corn dogs) and we're going to St. Louis to see a Cardinals game. Plus, I'm working on a huge website redesign project here at work that's just about to be unveiled so I'll be involved with that right up until we leave. Crazy! Oh, and somewhere in between I'm getting my hair done. I have to look all purty for Mickey.

Trip News

We received our Universal and WDW tickets in the mail on Friday! It seems even more official now that we have our tickets and we're ready to go. We got the paper card tickets from Undercover Tourist. I plan on having them placed on our KttW card. It's convenient and I hate having those paper tickets. The plastic ones are so much easier to take care of (i.e. they can get wet w/o getting ruined.

Pin News

I received my RSP results from Disney for the upcoming pin event. I was able to get all but one pin that I had requested. The ones I felt I just couldn't live w/o all made the cut so I'm happy with the results.

I also was able to score an awesome find on Craigslist awhile back. I now have about 100 pins to trade for our trip! Yeah, I'm sure most of you think that's excessive. Trust me, I'll trade them. I'm obsessed. Here's a pic of the loot:

IMAG0318.jpg

No problem! I've loved renting DVC points. It's easy and makes deluxe so much cheaper. :thumbsup2 I've rented from people I've found on the DIS and they've all rented in the past. We've always had a great experience. Just make sure to stick with people who have references, use a contract and that you can verify they own DVC using the Florida's Comptroller's site.

In the meantime, I've found someone to rent from with great referrals! She's renting at exactly the rate I'm looking for and was able to score my first choice. I'm very excited. :goodvibes

Sounds like you have a Croc hater on your hands. Does she only do it in BF's Crocs? She may be trying to tell him something. :rotfl:

Yes, it's only his Crocs. She hasn't done it now in a while but (once they were washed) it was kind of hysterical while she was doing it.

It's FINALLY August!!!!! That means we're going to WDW this month! :yay::dance3::yay::dance3::yay::dance3:
To be precise, it's 19 days, 22 hours, 47 minutes and 15 seconds until we leave. But who's counting?

I do the same thing once we're a couple of weeks out. Right now we're 48 days away.

Congrats on getting your pins!! And don't complain about the heat, its going to be 106 here today! :P lol

Time is certainly going to fly for you! Sounds like you have a lot of similar things going on to pass the time...our state fair starts Thursday and we have Brewers tix for Saturday.

WOW look at all those pins! I would like that Soarin one please. haha! Yay for getting all the ones you want for the event!

Can't believe you're going in 19 days!!! :woohoo: I still have almost 3 and a half months and it's dragging! Although I'm not too anxious for August to end, that means my DH goes back to working nights and I only really get to see him on the weekends, but other than that, I can't wait for the summer to be over! :banana:

Congrats on getting your tickets and all those pins! :cool1:

I can't believe how many pins ou have!!! I've always loved the disney pins, and I always get one or two when we go to Disney but 100?:scared1::rotfl2:

I've never been much of a trader either. I have to many sentimental reasons to give away my pins :laughing:

In the meantime, I've found someone to rent from with great referrals! She's renting at exactly the rate I'm looking for and was able to score my first choice. I'm very excited. :goodvibes

That's great! Where are you guys staying?

I do the same thing once we're a couple of weeks out. Right now we're 48 days away.

I love to annoy DH by saying, "Guess where will be in [insert number] days?!" It drives him crazy. :laughing:

Congrats on getting your pins!! And don't complain about the heat, its going to be 106 here today! :P lol

Okay, I really shouldn't complain b/c it's no where near that hot. I don't really don't mind the heat as much as the crazy humidity that poofs up my hair. I wind up looking like this by the end of the day:

monicas-hair.jpg

I guess this weather is preparing me for our trip.

Hope it cools off for both of us soon.

Time is certainly going to fly for you! Sounds like you have a lot of similar things going on to pass the time...our state fair starts Thursday and we have Brewers tix for Saturday.

WOW look at all those pins! I would like that Soarin one please. haha! Yay for getting all the ones you want for the event!

Ooh, fun!! DH has always wanted to go to Miller Park. It's actually not too far from us -- only about 5 hours. Hope you guys have fun at the game!!

Yeah...I got a little carried away. :rolleyes1 I have ZERO self control when it comes to pins.

Can't believe you're going in 19 days!!! :woohoo: I still have almost 3 and a half months and it's dragging! Although I'm not too anxious for August to end, that means my DH goes back to working nights and I only really get to see him on the weekends, but other than that, I can't wait for the summer to be over! :banana:

Congrats on getting your tickets and all those pins! :cool1:

Oh, boo! That stinks your DH will be working nights, soon. Good luck w/ the transition. :goodvibes

I can't believe how fast and slow time can go by. One day it flies, and the next it's so SLOW!

I can't believe how many pins ou have!!! I've always loved the disney pins, and I always get one or two when we go to Disney but 100?:scared1::rotfl2:

I've never been much of a trader either. I have to many sentimental reasons to give away my pins :laughing:

Ha! Yeah, I think DH is considering an intervention on the pins. He thinks its getting out of control. :rotfl: Perhaps there's a 12-step program here on the DIS?

I'm the same way! I always trying to find cheaper pins I don't care for. That way, I don't care if I trade them.

Well, right now it's just me, though a friend and/or BF may be joingin me. We're booked in a Value Studio at AKL.

Sweet! Value studios are pretty hard to come by -- glad you were able to get one. I think you need to use some more of those happy pills to convince BF he needs to go back w/ you. Who knows, maybe your fall trip will fully convert him! ::crosses fingers::

Okay, I really shouldn't complain b/c it's no where near that hot. I don't really don't mind the heat as much as the crazy humidity that poofs up my hair. I wind up looking like this by the end of the day:

monicas-hair.jpg

I guess this weather is preparing me for our trip.

Hope it cools off for both of us soon.

:rotfl: That's one of my favorite episodes of "Friends"! So......can I call you Rosanne Rosannadanna?

:rotfl: That's one of my favorite episodes of "Friends"! So......can I call you Rosanne Rosannadanna?

Ha, mine too! I love how Monica's hair just gets poofier and poofier throughout the time they're in Barbados. Hilarious!

Rosanne Rosannadanna...:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

I'm starting to get a little worried about the heat. We went last year around the same time and it really wasn't THAT bad. But, it seems like the heat everywhere this summer has been ungodly H-O-T. So now I'm wondering what types of precautions we should take to ensure we don't melt to death in the sweltering Florida heat. Plus, DH quickly loses his charm (what little he has :rolleyes1) when he's hot. He also sweats a lot so I don't want him to be totally uncomfortable. Has anyone used Chilly Pads before? I'm thinking about getting one for him.

CP100.jpg

They remind me of a Sham-Wow. Basically, they retain water and will keep cool for 1-4 hours (depending on the weather). They're supposed to stay dry to the touch, too. I think it might be a wise investment for DH. Anyone have any other suggestions on how to beat the heat?

first, let me say...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Rosanne Rosannadanna...!!! :lmao:

OK, now that I got that out, my suggeston, as long as DH wouldnt be too self conscience to use it, like a million others will be using while you're there , is one of those mister fans. That worked for someone I once knew who had real issues with heat and sweating. Those chilly pads look very interesting tho! Couldn't hurt to try!

I'm starting to get a little worried about the heat. We went last year around the same time and it really wasn't THAT bad. But, it seems like the heat everywhere this summer has been ungodly H-O-T. So now I'm wondering what types of precautions we should take to ensure we don't melt to death in the sweltering Florida heat. Plus, DH quickly loses his charm (what little he has :rolleyes1) when he's hot. He also sweats a lot so I don't want him to be totally uncomfortable. Has anyone used Chilly Pads before? I'm thinking about getting one for him.

CP100.jpg

They remind me of a Sham-Wow. Basically, they retain water and will keep cool for 1-4 hours (depending on the weather). They're supposed to stay dry to the touch, too. I think it might be a wise investment for DH. Anyone have any other suggestions on how to beat the heat?

Because I use a bazillion zip lock bags when packing, I have some extra :rolleyes: to load with ice. We wrap a washcloth or hand towel from the bathroom with ice and drap over our necks if the heat is that bad. Really helps. We are not alone and I see lots of guests doing this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter