Wooing a Disney Hatin' DH -- in August...SINGLE DIGITS!!!

My motto is it never hurts to try, I didn't think that they gave a great discount, but you never know, you seem lucky that if they were having some kind of computer glitch, you'd be the one to get an awesome deal.:thumbsup2

My motto is it never hurts to try, I didn't think that they gave a great discount, but you never know, you seem lucky that if they were having some kind of computer glitch, you'd be the one to get an awesome deal.:thumbsup2

ITA! I feel like a crazy lurker/stalker, but you just never know what kind of great discount you may stumble upon. It's so funny, b/c usually I'm the person who finds out about the discount after the fact. Not sure what's changed, but hoping it continues! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Day Five

We're going to head over to AK in the morning. We love getting there close to RD so we can grab a FP for KS and head over to EE. Wow, that's A LOT of acronyms. Has anyone ever caught themselves using Disney acronyms to non-Disneyphiles? I'm totally guilty of that. :laughing: Anyway...we love heading over to EE first thing in the morning. We can typically ride it about 4-5 times before the wait time picks up. Love! After KS, we may head over to Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama (yep, I'm one of the five people that actually likes it) to ride Primeval Whirl one more timel. It's so hokey, unDisneylike, and our state fair has a ride that's very similar to it but still...I love that ride. After hitting up Primeval Whirl, we'll head back to WL for rest and some lunch. Hopefully, I'll be able to convince DH to swim w/ me. He's not a huge swimmer.

In the evening, we're planning on heading over the BC b/c I've signed up for my first ever pin event!!! :woohoo::yay::woohoo: I'm doing the Trade City USA event and I can't wait. The actual event doesn't start until Friday, but you can pick up the pins and your welcome packet the day before. Is it sad that I'm slightly nervous about the event, too? I've never been to one, so I have no clue what to expect. I've been reading this thread, and listened to this podcast about the event. It sounds so fun!!! I'm just skeptical of the crazy, rude pin traders I may encounter there. Oh well, all the nice ones I'm sure to meet will make up for it.

When you attend a pin event, you have to submit an RSP (random selection process). Basically, you request which pins (they're all limited edition) you want to buy and if the demand exceeds the supply they do a lottery to see who gets the pins. I'm hoping I get all the ones I selected. But, I have no clue what my odds are since I've never done this before. We're supposed to hear back from Disney in a few weeks to let us know which ones we get. Here are some of the pins I requested:

400000382593.jpg

400000474700.jpg

400000474748.jpg

40000038427.jpg

Well, my family must make up the rest of the five people that like Dinorama! LOL! We always enjoy Primeval Whirl.

How exciting about the pin event! I bet that would be cool. I hear they are having limited release vinylmations there too. I can't wait to hear what it's like!

My kids love DinoLand! I find a nice bench, take in a traveling show, and just let them ride til their hearts content.

Yeah, I get mine mainly from allergies but sometimes from stress too. The first time I got one I was certain I was having a stroke and going to die. Needless to say, I'm a little dramatic. It's scary, though! What do you usually take for yours?

You should definitely get one. It's SO good. Isn't it funny, most of the pretty drinks at WDW all seem to be alcoholic. I always eye that big pineapple one from the Poly. I may have to get one of those! I'm not a huge drinker and usually drinking in the heat is not a good combo for me. But, those pineapple drinks look so pretty!

I have no idea what causes my migraines, it seems like mostly the heat triggers them, but I can get them in the winter too. :confused3 I've never been to a dr. for them, although I should, I just take Excedrin migraine, and drink a lot of Coke or Gatorade and hope for the best.

I want to try a lapu lapu (I think those are the pineapple drinks at the Poly) too! I'm not a big drinker, and I like to say I'm going to try many different drinks at WDW, but I'm like you, heat and alcohol doesn't work out for me! Although, it's not that hot in November, so I might be ok. That drink at Le Cellier will be perfect though, because I doubt I will want alcohol on our last night there! :)

Your Day 5 plans look great! I've never been on Primeval Whirl. I think I might try it this trip!

I had no idea they had pin trading events at Disney! :yay:

The heat has never stopped me from having a drink......especailly with my four kids around.......Did I just say that?

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a lapu lapu drink one time. I remember reading a trip report where a dis met of 3ish ladies drank them out of pineapples! I need to look it up......if I find it, I will post the link.

Day Five

We're going to head over to AK in the morning. We love getting there close to RD so we can grab a FP for KS and head over to EE. Wow, that's A LOT of acronyms. Has anyone ever caught themselves using Disney acronyms to non-Disneyphiles? I'm totally guilty of that. :laughing: Anyway...we love heading over to EE first thing in the morning. We can typically ride it about 4-5 times before the wait time picks up. Love! After KS, we may head over to Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama (yep, I'm one of the five people that actually likes it) to ride Primeval Whirl one more timel. It's so hokey, unDisneylike, and our state fair has a ride that's very similar to it but still...I love that ride. After hitting up Primeval Whirl, we'll head back to WL for rest and some lunch. Hopefully, I'll be able to convince DH to swim w/ me. He's not a huge swimmer.

In the evening, we're planning on heading over the BC b/c I've signed up for my first ever pin event!!! :woohoo::yay::woohoo: I'm doing the Trade City USA event and I can't wait. The actual event doesn't start until Friday, but you can pick up the pins and your welcome packet the day before. Is it sad that I'm slightly nervous about the event, too? I've never been to one, so I have no clue what to expect. I've been reading this thread, and listened to this podcast about the event. It sounds so fun!!! I'm just skeptical of the crazy, rude pin traders I may encounter there. Oh well, all the nice ones I'm sure to meet will make up for it.

When you attend a pin event, you have to submit an RSP (random selection process). Basically, you request which pins (they're all limited edition) you want to buy and if the demand exceeds the supply they do a lottery to see who gets the pins. I'm hoping I get all the ones I selected. But, I have no clue what my odds are since I've never done this before. We're supposed to hear back from Disney in a few weeks to let us know which ones we get. Here are some of the pins I requested:

400000382593.jpg

400000474700.jpg

400000474748.jpg

40000038427.jpg

Yay for updates!

That's awesome that you can ride 4-5 times in a row! Might have to try it when we get to AK. :)

The pin trading looks like so much fun! Love the ghosts and grumpy pins! I am sure you will have a great time and meet lots of new non-crazy people. :)

Well, my family must make up the rest of the five people that like Dinorama! LOL! We always enjoy Primeval Whirl.

How exciting about the pin event! I bet that would be cool. I hear they are having limited release vinylmations there too. I can't wait to hear what it's like!

HA! Nice to see I'm not alone. I know a lot of people don't think it's very Disney-ish. I love it, though. Although, sometimes I feel I need a neck brace after I get off Primeval Whirl.

They are having a vinylmation event! I think it's sold out, though. I think we'll all have access to purchasing the vinylmation pins, though. I'm so excited! I'm worried how much money I may spend there, though. :eek:

My kids love DinoLand! I find a nice bench, take in a traveling show, and just let them ride til their hearts content.

It's such a fun place!!

I have no idea what causes my migraines, it seems like mostly the heat triggers them, but I can get them in the winter too. :confused3 I've never been to a dr. for them, although I should, I just take Excedrin migraine, and drink a lot of Coke or Gatorade and hope for the best.

I want to try a lapu lapu (I think those are the pineapple drinks at the Poly) too! I'm not a big drinker, and I like to say I'm going to try many different drinks at WDW, but I'm like you, heat and alcohol doesn't work out for me! Although, it's not that hot in November, so I might be ok. That drink at Le Cellier will be perfect though, because I doubt I will want alcohol on our last night there! :)

Your Day 5 plans look great! I've never been on Primeval Whirl. I think I might try it this trip!

I had no idea they had pin trading events at Disney! :yay:

Mine used to be so bad that I would take a Lortab, Ibuprofen, half an Imitrex and drink a huge Polar Pop sized Dr. Pepper to knock it out. I'm sure that wasn't great for my system -- but man, it sure helped! Plus, the doctor suggested it so I didn't feel like a complete junkie. :rolleyes1 I've never tried Gatoraid when I have them. I should try that.

Ooh, I think that's what they're called. I always say I'm going to try one but never have. Perhaps this will finally be the trip! You should definitely try the Red Maple. It's pretty light and not too sweet, so it's not overwhelming. Oh, and it's so amazingly good. Haha, I'm totally pimping out this dumb drink.

You should try it! It's fun. Although, if you're not a fan of spinning it may make you sick. Oh, and it is pretty jerky too. It's still a lot of fun, though.

Yeah, they usually have at least one a year. I'm so excited to go to one! I'm such a pin trading geek!!! :dance3:

Yay for updates!

That's awesome that you can ride 4-5 times in a row! Might have to try it when we get to AK. :)

The pin trading looks like so much fun! Love the ghosts and grumpy pins! I am sure you will have a great time and meet lots of new non-crazy people. :)

Well, we did have to get off and go back through the line but the line was so short it went super fast! Such a fun time!!! We love EE.

Aren't those pins cool? I love collecting Haunted Mansion/Hitchhiking Ghost pins. It's so addictive. I can't wait to meet tons of other pin trading adults. I always feel a little crazy when I go w/o kids. Don't get me wrong, I don't have enough shame not to pin trade, but I still feel slightly goofy when it's just me trading.

This time next month we'll be heading to WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay::dance3::yay::dance3::yay:

Sorry for the excess exclamation and smileys. I can't contain my excitement.

Uh oh...the pin buying has started early. I promised myself I wouldn't by anymore pins until our trip. Um, yeah. FAIL! I stumbled on the Disney Store online and noticed they're having a semi-annual sale -- on pins! Well, far be it for me to deny them my patronage. Right? To my defense, I only bought two pins. That's not bad. Plus, I saved close to $20 since they were on sale. :woohoo: Here are the two I bought:

Sleeping.jpg

Stitch.jpg

I should mention, I love to collect Sleeping Beauty pins. I'm rather fickle about Stitch pins. One week I'm all about it, and the next I'm like...meh. I love this one b/c he's at Old Faithful and my family used to spend summers at Yellowstone. See, I had to buy the Stitch one for sentimental reasons. :)

I was on Disneystore.com and saw the pins...I almost decided to buy a 'starter pack' for myself...I think I would love to take that up while we are there. It would be so fun to find little kids to trade with and it just sounds fun! I also went on ebay...I am 'this close' to doing it! Then, I can do it with my step-Princess when we take her. :goodvibes

I just put in a big check in gifts order for us (story on my PTR) so I will have to wait a bit unless I can find a rockin' deal on ebay. :surfweb:

I was on Disneystore.com and saw the pins...I almost decided to buy a 'starter pack' for myself...I think I would love to take that up while we are there. It would be so fun to find little kids to trade with and it just sounds fun! I also went on ebay...I am 'this close' to doing it! Then, I can do it with my step-Princess when we take her. :goodvibes

I just put in a big check in gifts order for us (story on my PTR) so I will have to wait a bit unless I can find a rockin' deal on ebay. :surfweb:

You should buy a starter lanyard!!! Trading w/ CMs is so much fun. Be warned -- trading totally sucks you in and before you know it you'll spend $$$$ on all of them and not even realize it. I got into it during our trip in Dec 2007 and even my grumpy, Disney hating husband almost got sucked into pin trading. It was hilarious. He still likes looking around for pins for me. It's really cute.

I'm off to your PTR. I want to hear about all your goodies you just bought. You should definitely check out eBay. It can be a great place to buy pins. Just be careful -- there are a lot of fake ones out there, too.

Car Rental Update

My stalking/planning skills are certainly paying off this trip. I just found a cheaper rate for Enterprise! It's now down to $150 (including taxes) for a compact car (Nissan Versa or similar). Woo!! I figure if I keep looking, they'll be paying me to take the car (ha, I wish).

Tickets!!!

I finally got around to buying our Disney tickets today. :woohoo: I figured I should do that before the prices go up on August 1st. I subscribe to the MouseSavers Newsletter, so I use the link and bought the tickets through Undercover Tourist. I <3 that website!!!! I've used them at least four time and have been so pleased with them. Their customer service is excellent. I lost my non-expiring ticket one year (forgot to scan it beforehand to save the serial number -- a MUST!!!) and they retain copies of all the tickets they sell. They just faxed me over the copy and I was able to have my ticket replaced at Guest Services at the resort. Sweet!! Plus, I saved about $40ish total on our tickets. Love it.

Day Six

Aw, this makes me said just thinking about it -- our last full day. Sad! We'll start off the day by getting ready to move over to the Poly. :woohoo: I'm hoping we'll luck out and be able to check-in early. If not, DH will probably linger at WL for awhile. I'm heading over to Epcot pretty early to get in line for the pin event. It officially starts today and I want to make sure I'm there bright and early. The event starts at 9:30am and goes through 6pm. I don't anticipate staying the entire time. I'll probably leave around 1ish, depending on how sucked in I get. I'm planning on hopping on the monorail to head back to the Poly to get situated.

We'll be spending the afternoon soaking up the Poly -- hanging out in the pool, drinking Lapu Lapus and absorbing all that other Poly goodness. I tried really hard to convince DH to extend our trip by one day. I really wanted to spend an entire day at the Poly. Alas, it didn't work. Oh well, one night is better than nothing. We'll probably be hanging out here until the evening. We don't have any ADRs, so we'll probably just grab something at Captain Cook's or head over to MK for dinner. I really want to watch Wishes from the beach or the pool, though. So, we'll definitely be doing that. We'll probably head over to MK one last time since they're having evening EMHs -- they're open until 1am. Our flight leaves around noonish the next day so I'm not terribly concerned about staying out late. Besides, it's the MK!!!

Random pictures of the day:

DH relaxing at the Poly
6016_963136260119_6852884_53562257_7321214_n.jpg

Flat Rachel exploring at the Poly
6016_962567055809_6852884_53533208_7655642_n.jpg

6016_962542819379_6852884_53531427_1465922_n.jpg

Flat Rachel loved having Chip and Dale fight over her!
6016_962645453699_6852884_53537142_8032662_n.jpg

MK during EMH in January
17265_10100147079423519_6852884_56638214_769779_n.jpg

And just a random one of me watching the old, fun Stacey. Sigh.
n6852884_47092874_6700.jpg

Yay for a month!!! I feel your excitement. :cool1: Excessive exclamation points and smileys are OK on the DIS. :rotfl:

Cool pins too! I can't wait to see what you all come home with. popcorn::;)

Tickets!!!

I finally got around to buying our Disney tickets today. :woohoo: I figured I should do that before the prices go up on August 1st. I subscribe to the MouseSavers Newsletter, so I use the link and bought the tickets through Undercover Tourist. I <3 that website!!!! I've used them at least four time and have been so pleased with them. Their customer service is excellent. I lost my non-expiring ticket one year (forgot to scan it beforehand to save the serial number -- a MUST!!!) and they retain copies of all the tickets they sell. They just faxed me over the copy and I was able to have my ticket replaced at Guest Services at the resort. Sweet!! Plus, I saved about $40ish total on our tickets. Love it.

Day Six

Aw, this makes me said just thinking about it -- our last full day. Sad! We'll start off the day by getting ready to move over to the Poly. :woohoo: I'm hoping we'll luck out and be able to check-in early. If not, DH will probably linger at WL for awhile. I'm heading over to Epcot pretty early to get in line for the pin event. It officially starts today and I want to make sure I'm there bright and early. The event starts at 9:30am and goes through 6pm. I don't anticipate staying the entire time. I'll probably leave around 1ish, depending on how sucked in I get. I'm planning on hopping on the monorail to head back to the Poly to get situated.

We'll be spending the afternoon soaking up the Poly -- hanging out in the pool, drinking Lapu Lapus and absorbing all that other Poly goodness. I tried really hard to convince DH to extend our trip by one day. I really wanted to spend an entire day at the Poly. Alas, it didn't work. Oh well, one night is better than nothing. We'll probably be hanging out here until the evening. We don't have any ADRs, so we'll probably just grab something at Captain Cook's or head over to MK for dinner. I really want to watch Wishes from the beach or the pool, though. So, we'll definitely be doing that. We'll probably head over to MK one last time since they're having evening EMHs -- they're open until 1am. Our flight leaves around noonish the next day so I'm not terribly concerned about staying out late. Besides, it's the MK!!!

Random pictures of the day:

DH relaxing at the Poly
6016_963136260119_6852884_53562257_7321214_n.jpg

Flat Rachel exploring at the Poly
6016_962567055809_6852884_53533208_7655642_n.jpg

6016_962542819379_6852884_53531427_1465922_n.jpg

Flat Rachel loved having Chip and Dale fight over her!
6016_962645453699_6852884_53537142_8032662_n.jpg

MK during EMH in January
17265_10100147079423519_6852884_56638214_769779_n.jpg

And just a random one of me watching the old, fun Stacey. Sigh.
n6852884_47092874_6700.jpg

That place is so great, isn't it? :goodvibes That was the first thing we thought of when booking tickets. Super great service and great at giving directions. :laughing:

Congrats on the lower price rental car!! :woohoo:

Love love love all the pictures!!! lol. Your last day sounds so magickal. :love: There are so many great pictures of Wishes from the Poly beach. Please let us know how you liked them!

Day 6 sounds great...I've been really wanting to stay at the Poly lately! :confused3 I'll have to settle for just visiting for now! :rotfl:

Congrats on getting your tickets! :banana: I love buying things for my trip, I'm hoping to get my MVMCP tix soon, but there's really no rush, since my trip is still so far away! :sad1: I can't believe you're going in a month, I'm so jealous!! :laughing:

I think DLR next June sounds like a WONDERFUL idea! Specifically, towards the end of the month. :goodvibes

I had no idea there were pin trading shows; I think that's the only area of WDW that I'm behind on the times!

LOVE the Stitch pin! He's one of my favs.

I also hope you get the Ghosts pin; I love those guys, and they don't have a ton of merch with them, unfortunately!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter