Wooing a Disney Hatin' DH -- in August...SINGLE DIGITS!!!

Being bored today, I decided to read a random person's ptr. I chose a good one!!! :rotfl: All of your plans sound great, and we'll be overlapping (i'll be there until the 24th!).

Can't wait to hear more!!! :thumbsup2

Yay for a month!!! I feel your excitement. :cool1: Excessive exclamation points and smileys are OK on the DIS. :rotfl:

Cool pins too! I can't wait to see what you all come home with. popcorn::;)

Ha, I knew you'd understand Sarah! :thumbsup2

I have a feeling it's going be an obscene amount of pins. LOL!!!

That place is so great, isn't it? :goodvibes That was the first thing we thought of when booking tickets. Super great service and great at giving directions. :laughing:

Congrats on the lower price rental car!! :woohoo:

Love love love all the pictures!!! lol. Your last day sounds so magickal. :love: There are so many great pictures of Wishes from the Poly beach. Please let us know how you liked them!

Yes!!! I'm always sending people over there to buy tickets. I think they should hire me for marketing. :rotfl: Seriously, though...it's such a great deal and they're fast, too.

I can't wait to watch Wishes from the beach. I'm going to take a ton of pictures for my TR. I'm so excited!!!

Day 6 sounds great...I've been really wanting to stay at the Poly lately! :confused3 I'll have to settle for just visiting for now! :rotfl:

Congrats on getting your tickets! :banana: I love buying things for my trip, I'm hoping to get my MVMCP tix soon, but there's really no rush, since my trip is still so far away! :sad1: I can't believe you're going in a month, I'm so jealous!! :laughing:

I have a feeling the Poly is going to suck us in. I've always wanted to stay there and it's a little hard to believe we're actually doing it. Weird.

You know, there's just something exciting about getting trip related stuff. I even get excited buying travel sized toiletries. :laughing:

Ooh, I'm so jealous you're going to MVMCP. Can I sneak in your luggage? It's so fun!!! Plus, they have some really cute pins.

I think DLR next June sounds like a WONDERFUL idea! Specifically, towards the end of the month. :goodvibes

I had no idea there were pin trading shows; I think that's the only area of WDW that I'm behind on the times!

LOVE the Stitch pin! He's one of my favs.

I also hope you get the Ghosts pin; I love those guys, and they don't have a ton of merch with them, unfortunately!

Haha, that sounds like a good idea! We could have DLR meet. So fun!!!!

Be thankful you haven't been sucked in. It's SO addictive. I'm a total junkie now. I'd hate to see how much money I've spent on it since I started (Dec 2007).

I really wished that rumor about getting an actual HM gift shop was true. It's the one attraction that desperately needs one!! I don't count the cart...it's too small and doesn't carry enough fun merchandise.

Being bored today, I decided to read a random person's ptr. I chose a good one!!! :rotfl: All of your plans sound great, and we'll be overlapping (i'll be there until the 24th!).

Can't wait to hear more!!! :thumbsup2

:welcome:

Thanks for joining in!! I'm sure you'll enjoy my random tidbits of information. :rotfl: Lets hope that late August will be nice and slow (and hurricane free) for all of us!! Btw, love the cat picture in your signature.

Warning -- Off Topic!

Saturday, my little niece had her first birthday party! Her actual birthday is tomorrow, but we all went up to Indy to celebrate a little early. She's the youngest of five. Plus, she's the only girl! She's really cute, but man...she's sassy and spoiled. The nursery at church said she's a bit of a bully, too. :laughing: I shouldn't laugh, but hey...w/ four older brothers, a girl's got to hold her own!

Here are some pictures from the party (she's a total ham, btw):

Maya and her favorite auntie
38887_10100256933190689_6852884_60469184_6665118_n.jpg

38093_10100256933889289_6852884_60469204_1644218_n.jpg

One of her favorite birthday gifts
38281_10100256933894279_6852884_60469205_2436974_n.jpg

She got upset and two of her brothers came running...
38093_10100256933929209_6852884_60469212_5727446_n.jpg

My sister used a cupcake instead of a smash cake.
34891_10100256018354029_6852884_60421132_6373735_n.jpg

She didn't care one bit. She made a MESS!!!
38888_10100256018548639_6852884_60421144_6433187_n.jpg

Thanks for joining in!! I'm sure you'll enjoy my random tidbits of information. :rotfl: Lets hope that late August will be nice and slow (and hurricane free) for all of us!! Btw, love the cat picture in your signature.

I loved the cat picture, I just thought it was adorable!!!

Very cute pictures of your niece!!! It looked like she had a very fun birthday :cool1:

I loved the cat picture, I just thought it was adorable!!!

Very cute pictures of your niece!!! It looked like she had a very fun birthday :cool1:

I love looking at LOL Cats. They always crack me up. Here's my own version -- I'm just missing a clever and witty caption . Linus was so ticked when we left for WDW last August.

6016_963136250139_6852884_53562256_1367785_n.jpg

Thanks! She loves the camera -- so funny.

Jumping in to say hi! We are arriving to WDW on August 22nd also and the first few plans I looked at are very similar to ours! Maybe we'll cross paths!

Jumping in to say hi! We are arriving to WDW on August 22nd also and the first few plans I looked at are very similar to ours! Maybe we'll cross paths!

Yay, another August person. I can't believe it's getting so close. :woohoo: I'm heading over to your PTR to check out your plans.

:lmao: very cute!!!

I felt so bad for him. He didn't understand why he couldn't come w/ us. We were cracking up.

OMG, your plans sound amazing!! Congrats on all the discounts! Can't wait to read more!!

Universal Plans

Lately, I've been stressing out over our US/IOA plans. We've been there at least a dozen times and we typically can do everything we want to do at least twice by 3pm. But, that was pre-WWoHP time. You know, back when US/IOA were both just...meh. Further stressing me out is the lack of any touring plans. Why? I don't know? I'm actually not one to even really use a plan at the parks. I make the plan, and then usually stray from it as soon as we get there. But, for some reason, I'm stressed about squeezing in everything we want to see. I'm sure I'm just being a control freak and I have no reason to act like this, but still. I want to see me some Harry Potter action! Plus, I hate dealing w/ obscene crowds. So, I've decided to make a detailed plan of attack. Here it is. Let me know what you think.

• Arrive/ park by 8:30am -- I'm not sure if this should be earlier or not?
  • Based on everything I've read on the boards, we're starting the day at US.
  • Head to Rip, Ride and Rock It first thing -- hopefully the line won't be too long.
  • Ride the Mummy -- if crowds are low enough we'd like to ride this a few times. Love it! DH collects Egyptian stuff so we'll definitely hit the gift shop for him.
  • Do MIB and the Simpsons ride
  • Have an early lunch at Louie's Italian Restaurant -- DH loves the pizza there.
  • Stop in the Lucy Tribute
  • Head to IOA -- first stop is the Hulk! Although, I'm not sure how smart that may be after eating.
  • Do Spiderman, Dr. Doom and then head to Dudley Do-Right (if we're feeling like getting soaked, last year we were DRENCHED and we never did fully dry out -- wet butt sucks!!!)
  • Head over to WWoHP!!!! We definitely want to do FJ and the Dragon Challenge. I've heard people recommend doing the single rider line at FJ first and then going back towards closing time and doing the regular line. I definitely want to see the whole queue -- Hogwarts looks AH-MAZING!
  • After we get to do the rides in WWoHP, we want to just look around the shops. I'm okay if I miss Ollivander's. I really don't need a wand THAT much. I do want to find an awesome t-shirt so I can wear it to the midnight showing of DH in November. Yeah, I'm a dork.

Okay, so when I type it out it all seems doable. Right? Or, am I just being delusional?

Universal Plans

Lately, I've been stressing out over our US/IOA plans. We've been there at least a dozen times and we typically can do everything we want to do at least twice by 3pm. But, that was pre-WWoHP time. You know, back when US/IOA were both just...meh. Further stressing me out is the lack of any touring plans. Why? I don't know? I'm actually not one to even really use a plan at the parks. I make the plan, and then usually stray from it as soon as we get there. But, for some reason, I'm stressed about squeezing in everything we want to see. I'm sure I'm just being a control freak and I have no reason to act like this, but still. I want to see me some Harry Potter action! Plus, I hate dealing w/ obscene crowds. So, I've decided to make a detailed plan of attack. Here it is. Let me know what you think.

• Arrive/ park by 8:30am -- I'm not sure if this should be earlier or not?
  • Based on everything I've read on the boards, we're starting the day at US.
  • Head to Rip, Ride and Rock It first thing -- hopefully the line won't be too long.
  • Ride the Mummy -- if crowds are low enough we'd like to ride this a few times. Love it! DH collects Egyptian stuff so we'll definitely hit the gift shop for him.
  • Do MIB and the Simpsons ride
  • Have an early lunch at Louie's Italian Restaurant -- DH loves the pizza there.
  • Stop in the Lucy Tribute
  • Head to IOA -- first stop is the Hulk! Although, I'm not sure how smart that may be after eating.
  • Do Spiderman, Dr. Doom and then head to Dudley Do-Right (if we're feeling like getting soaked, last year we were DRENCHED and we never did fully dry out -- wet butt sucks!!!)
  • Head over to WWoHP!!!! We definitely want to do FJ and the Dragon Challenge. I've heard people recommend doing the single rider line at FJ first and then going back towards closing time and doing the regular line. I definitely want to see the whole queue -- Hogwarts looks AH-MAZING!
  • After we get to do the rides in WWoHP, we want to just look around the shops. I'm okay if I miss Ollivander's. I really don't need a wand THAT much. I do want to find an awesome t-shirt so I can wear it to the midnight showing of DH in November. Yeah, I'm a dork.

Okay, so when I type it out it all seems doable. Right? Or, am I just being delusional?

You may want to WWOHP first, since its likey to get crowded the quickest

You may want to WWOHP first, since its likey to get crowded the quickest

First off...welcome!! Love the Lotso quote in your sig, didn't notice that on your PTR.

I've been reading a lot on the boards that if you're not staying onsite, you can do WWoHP in the evening w/ less crowds b/c everyone heads there first. My first thought was to do it first, too. I'm just not sure. I'd hate to save it for last and then run into these crazy crowds and not get to see anything. Ya know? Oh, the dilemma! I figure we'll get over there around 3ish, and that would give us close to 5 hours to do it. But, that's of course depending on if everything isn't crazy busy.

First off...welcome!! Love the Lotso quote in your sig, didn't notice that on your PTR.

I've been reading a lot on the boards that if you're not staying onsite, you can do WWoHP in the evening w/ less crowds b/c everyone heads there first. My first thought was to do it first, too. I'm just not sure. I'd hate to save it for last and then run into these crazy crowds and not get to see anything. Ya know? Oh, the dilemma! I figure we'll get over there around 3ish, and that would give us close to 5 hours to do it. But, that's of course depending on if everything isn't crazy busy.

Ah, that does make sense. lol I'm used to my past 2 trips when I got there at opening and had everything done by 4 (when the park closed at 6) hitting all the popular rides first. But your way does sound better. Of course, I've kinda been trying not to read too much about WWoHP so I don't get jealous that I can't make it this trip. :rotfl:

Oh, and I just added the Lotso quote the other day, after seeing the movie a 3rd time. While he is probably the most evil Disney villain......his full name (Lots-o-huggin Bear) and that quote fit me to a "t".

ugh...fake pins? I better double and triple check. Are they numbered or something that proves they are real?

I am heading over to my PTR to update on my goodies...they came in yesterday!!! I didnt have a chance to take pics but I will and hopefully be able to put them up tomorrow. :banana:

You should buy a starter lanyard!!! Trading w/ CMs is so much fun. Be warned -- trading totally sucks you in and before you know it you'll spend $$$$ on all of them and not even realize it. I got into it during our trip in Dec 2007 and even my grumpy, Disney hating husband almost got sucked into pin trading. It was hilarious. He still likes looking around for pins for me. It's really cute.

I'm off to your PTR. I want to hear about all your goodies you just bought. You should definitely check out eBay. It can be a great place to buy pins. Just be careful -- there are a lot of fake ones out there, too.

Hi:wave2:
I just started reading your PTR, half way through but just wanted to comment.

First, your puppy is adorable :love:
Second, LOVE that took along Flat Rachel last year hahaha! When I was student teaching this was done with the Kindergartners over their Spring Break, they had a Flat Stanley and had to bring him everywhere and take pics with him.
Your pics of Le Cellier are making me salivate over here! But whats a Red Maple?

Going to finish putting the laundry away, I was just having Disney withdrawals and needed my fix, keep it coming :)

I'm SO on board for this PTR. I'm heading to the World in Sept. with my BF who is a self-professed non-Disney man. It's the first time in 12 years I've gotten him to agree to go!

I love him anyway. That makes it FOR REAL. LOL!

(Shameless plug: Feel free to check out my PTR. Link is in my siggie.)

Ok.

Going back to read.

Your Universal plans look good to me, but I know nothing about Universal and what to do first! :confused3 We'll be going in November, and I figured we would just wing it and do whatever! I'm interested in the Harry Potter area, but if it looks crazy, I'll just wait til next time! :)

Thanks! Aw, I'd love to see pics of your dog. I love Husky mixes. I can't wait for her to outgrow her Cujo phase (as we affectionately refer to it as).

I was really shocked when I found that rate. I had to do a triple take. Then, I went bounding out of my office w/ this crazy grin on my face telling everyone about the great deal I found. Sadly, no one at work appreciated it. Psh, losers.

I thought you may be baseball fans when I saw that Cubs pic on your PTR. Love the Cubs!!! DH is a huge Yankees fan and he's converted me. We even have the MLB package so we can watch games all the time. Love!!!

Btw, what part of Indiana are you from?

Our dog doesnt really look like a husky, she just has the fur texture, the tail and the eyes. She basically looks like a black lab with blue eyes and longer hai. We love her, shes such a good dog but MAN does she shed!

I'll forgive you in the fact that you're a Yankees fan, at least you dont like the Cards!

I have to thank you! We couldnt add a night on to our current reservation and all that was left was rack rate so I remembered to check travelocity! I didnt score your deal of the year but I did save a bit, so THANK YOU!

Love your new pins! I bought a lot on ebay only to find out that they are most likely scrappers so those will be staying him but I'm trying to collect other pins before we go. I have to find ones that DD doesnt like or she wont trade them lol!

We're in Terre Haute but don't hold that against us! I desperately want out of here!:laughing:

Ah, that does make sense. lol I'm used to my past 2 trips when I got there at opening and had everything done by 4 (when the park closed at 6) hitting all the popular rides first. But your way does sound better. Of course, I've kinda been trying not to read too much about WWoHP so I don't get jealous that I can't make it this trip. :rotfl:

Oh, and I just added the Lotso quote the other day, after seeing the movie a 3rd time. While he is probably the most evil Disney villain......his full name (Lots-o-huggin Bear) and that quote fit me to a "t".

That's exactly how we used to tour both parks. Last August, the longest wait we had was like 15 minutes. We walked on the Hulk 5 times! Crazy. I'm sure that spoiled us, though. Yeah, I know how you feel. At first, we hadn't planned to do WWoHP and I was really bitter. I'll make sure to take tons of pics for you to look at once you get back from your trip. :thumbsup2

I'm jealous! I've been trying to go see it again and never quite get around to it. He's definitely one of my favorite Disney villains. He's the ultimate mob boss. :rotfl:

ugh...fake pins? I better double and triple check. Are they numbered or something that proves they are real?

I am heading over to my PTR to update on my goodies...they came in yesterday!!! I didnt have a chance to take pics but I will and hopefully be able to put them up tomorrow. :banana:

Yeah, isn't that lame? It's really easy to spot the newer fake ones (w/ the Mickey waffle backs). The Mickey heads are all over the place and don't go all the way to the pin's edge. Plus, the fake ones usually are thinner and have paint blemishes. Here's a good link to check out. I usually don't care if I get a fake pin of something I really like. But, it is frustrating.

YAY!! I hope you take pictures. I love looking at everyones trip loot. I'm heading over there to check it out. :)

Hi:wave2:
I just started reading your PTR, half way through but just wanted to comment.

First, your puppy is adorable :love:
Second, LOVE that took along Flat Rachel last year hahaha! When I was student teaching this was done with the Kindergartners over their Spring Break, they had a Flat Stanley and had to bring him everywhere and take pics with him.
Your pics of Le Cellier are making me salivate over here! But whats a Red Maple?

Going to finish putting the laundry away, I was just having Disney withdrawals and needed my fix, keep it coming :)

Thanks for stopping by...always happy to have more readers. :)

Flat Stanley was my inspiration for Rachel! One of my co-workers brought in their daughter's Flat Stanley to take some pictures with and I was like, "I HAVE to do that!!" :laughing: When we were there last August, I took Flat Rachel out by myself to MK one afternoon. You should've seen the looks I got. Hilarious!!!

Mmmm...the Red Maple is a fresh raspberry smoothie type drink w/ Sprite. It's DELICIOUS!!!!! Seriously, so good. I even dream about it. Haha, only slightly kidding about that. You should get one the next time you go. It's worth it!!!

I'm SO on board for this PTR. I'm heading to the World in Sept. with my BF who is a self-professed non-Disney man. It's the first time in 12 years I've gotten him to agree to go!

I love him anyway. That makes it FOR REAL. LOL!

(Shameless plug: Feel free to check out my PTR. Link is in my siggie.)

Ok.

Going back to read.

Yay, another reader...welcome!!! :wave2: Ha, that's awesome. How'd you convince him? That's really exciting. I'm definitely heading over to your PTR. I want to know all the details!!

Your Universal plans look good to me, but I know nothing about Universal and what to do first! :confused3 We'll be going in November, and I figured we would just wing it and do whatever! I'm interested in the Harry Potter area, but if it looks crazy, I'll just wait til next time! :)

Usually, we just wing it at Universal b/c it's never too crowded. I really have no idea what to expect. I'm sure my crazy, OCD planning is probably over the top. DH refuses to even look at it. :sad2: 1 I really have no idea why I'm freaking out about it. I'm such a control freak! :sad2: Sssh...don't tell DH I admitted that. :rolleyes

Hopefully, the crowds will have died down by November.

Our dog doesnt really look like a husky, she just has the fur texture, the tail and the eyes. She basically looks like a black lab with blue eyes and longer hai. We love her, shes such a good dog but MAN does she shed!

I'll forgive you in the fact that you're a Yankees fan, at least you dont like the Cards!

I have to thank you! We couldnt add a night on to our current reservation and all that was left was rack rate so I remembered to check travelocity! I didnt score your deal of the year but I did save a bit, so THANK YOU!

Love your new pins! I bought a lot on ebay only to find out that they are most likely scrappers so those will be staying him but I'm trying to collect other pins before we go. I have to find ones that DD doesnt like or she wont trade them lol!

We're in Terre Haute but don't hold that against us! I desperately want out of here!:laughing:

Ooh, your dog sounds so pretty! I love the blue eyes. Do you have a picture?

Haha, its funny you mention that. Guess where we're going in three weeks -- to a Cards game. :rotfl: I know, I know. DH is a HUGE Pujols fan and he's hoping we might lucky and see Tim Lincecum pitch (they're playing the Giants). DH wanted to check out Busch Stadium, too. We've never been. I tried to convince him to go to Wrigley but he hates the Cubs. :sad1: I love him anyway. LOL!!!

Sweet! I'm glad I could help.

Aw, bummer! Sorry to hear you got scrappers. It's so hard to find good pins on eBay. Here's a thread on DIS that talks about good and bad eBay pin sellers. You might take a look.

You're fairly close to us. We live in Bloomington (don't hold that against us). I don't think Terre Haute is that bad. When you live in southern Indiana you don't have a lot to choose from. :rotfl2:

Yay, another reader...welcome!!! :wave2: Ha, that's awesome. How'd you convince him? That's really exciting. I'm definitely heading over to your PTR. I want to know all the details!!

I'm hoping to get up-to-speed on your report today. Your trip is so soon! :woohoo:

Convincing him wasn't easy. It was a looooong, sloooooow, process. But it'll be worth it. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter