Would this be asking too much?

meeshi

<font color=green>Partial to finger toes<br><font
Some of you may know that we are going to Disney for my dd's Make A Wish trip. While we are down there my dh will be turning the BIG 40! I was wondering if it would be too much to get him a birthday badge. I wanted to do something special for him since this is a big birthday but when I asked him he thought it would be asking too much. What do you all think? Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

The birthday badges are given away at City Hall in MK. It's not asking too much as you just walk in and ask for one. Go for it.

Where are you staying on your Make a Wish trip? A co-worker of mine stayed at Give the Kids the World and they absolutely loved it. His other kids didn't even want to leave there as they were having a great time. He also said that they couldn't do enough for you.

josierac, we are staying at Give Kids The World. We have heard a lot of great things about it and are very excited.

meeshi,
my co-worker said that all the meals and snacks are free. They have a website if you haven't found it yet. The only thing that he did do was go to Walmart to buy bottled water. He also said that they gave his son a button to wear and all the cm's at disney were great when they saw the button.

Have a great time.

Thanks for the info. We can't wait! Only 10 more days:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I say go for it! Why shouldn't your dh have a birthday badge- especially for the big 40. I volunteer at Give Kids the World on Sundays for parents night out. The place is such a blast- it's like staying inside Disney. Whenever I'm there I always think if I could stay inside the Magic Kingdom it would be a lot like GKTW.
Maybe I'll see you there- Have a blast (and an ice cream sundae for me).

I got a 40th birthday badge for my day in September. All the CM's either wished me or sang me happy birthday. It was a lot of fun. I got an offer to drive the Jungle Cruise boat. A lot of the kid CM's said Happy 18th - so cute! At one point we saw newlyweds walking around with the bride & groom Mickey ears and I said to me DH, they look so silly I can't imagine doing that. He smirked at me and said "OK 40 year old wearing a It's My Birthday Today button"! I had fun but I know my DH would never go for it.

He'll only get to be at WDW for his 40th birthday once in his life! Go for it! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
And, someone wished for you to find the Give Kids the World website. Here it is. Enjoy!

Thanks for your responses. I'm going to go for it! I showed everyone the pictures from Give Kids the World website and they are all so excited! It looks like a magical place. Thanks for the link SueM! 8 days and counting!:pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter