Would you go on a game show?

I'd like to be on Supermarket Sweep. As a kid I wanted to be on Double Dare, Finders Keepers, and most other Nick game shows of the late 80s/early 90s.
Thanks for mentioning the classic Nick games. When I was a kid, it was my dream to go down the Sundae Slide on Double Dare, LOL. Finders Keepers, YES I wanted to do that so badly!

I know another one that kids would have given their right arm to be on was Legends of the Hidden Temple. I loved the show, but for whatever reason didn't have much interest in being on it. I always got a kick out of watching the kids get the crap scared out of them by the temple guards. :laughing:

Back in the day, when Game Show Network used to have live game shows, I played on Trivia Track and Inquizition. Ended up winning a prepaid phone card on Trivia Track.

Jeopardy would be cool, but I doubt I would be fast enough to win anything. I’m sure it’s much easier at home. I would probably be pretty decent at Wheel of Fortune.

I'd love to be on $100,000 Pyramid or Password.

A former classmate of mine was on a game show. It was for a new game show that only lasted a season. I don't remember the name of the show. It was where she sat in the hot seat and was asked a whole bunch of Jeopardy-like questions and had a chance to raise the money with each question. She didn't win the whole thing, but did get far. She said she was going to use her winnings to pay off her college loan that was still hanging over her head a decade or so later.

I'd like to be on Supermarket Sweep.

I accidentally played a real life version of that. It was a couple years ago, after the pandemic ended. We hadn't realized that Walmart has never come back to being open 24 hours. We were coming back from vacation at the Jersey Shore. Usually the last thing we do is stop at Walmart in NJ, before coming home and load up the rental car with all the canned goods, pantry items and big items that Walmart doesn't ship. There is no Walmart in NYC, so this was our time to stock up.

We're shopping around
caddy.gif
and we hear over their loud speaker that Walmart is closing in 10 minutes! We're crazily running around like the game show, trying to load up our cart in time before the store closed. 😅

Thanks for mentioning the classic Nick games. When I was a kid, it was my dream to go down the Sundae Slide on Double Dare, LOL. Finders Keepers, YES I wanted to do that so badly!

I know another one that kids would have given their right arm to be on was Legends of the Hidden Temple. I loved the show, but for whatever reason didn't have much interest in being on it. I always got a kick out of watching the kids get the crap scared out of them by the temple guards. :laughing:
I've always said there would be a huge market to bring back Legends of the Hidden Temple or Double Dare or Nick Arcade or GUTS (remember those! :rotfl: ) but for the adults who grew up watching them in the 90s but didn't get to participate. There would be a lot of people who I think would sign up for those now.

I found out fairly recently though that apparently the reason the kids didn't do so great during the temple run was because they had been filming for like 8 hours already and were exhausted so they couldn't think straight.

Does Amazing Race count? I've always wanted to do that. I think I'd do well with DD in college as my teammate. DD10 is a little young and I may be too old once she is old enough, but she loves the show as much as I do, so maybe...

I'd love to be on Wheel of Fortune! Took the Jeopardy test years ago, didn't get through. Wife was on Jeopardy in 2020, just before Covid lock down. She did well- 2nd place- didn't get categories that she was knowledgeable in.
We tried out for the Amazing Race at a local casting call. We didn't get selected and it's probably a good thing-we just can't make decisions together very well. LOL

Rowan, I have read that about Legends, too. What a horribly long day! I would be thrilled and thankful with any Deal suitcase. It does seem fairly simple to come away with some money.

I've always said there would be a huge market to bring back Legends of the Hidden Temple or Double Dare or Nick Arcade or GUTS (remember those! :rotfl: ) but for the adults who grew up watching them in the 90s but didn't get to participate. There would be a lot of people who I think would sign up for those now.

I found out fairly recently though that apparently the reason the kids didn't do so great during the temple run was because they had been filming for like 8 hours already and were exhausted so they couldn't think straight.

Believe it or not, they actually DID make a revival of Legends of the Hidden Temple for ADULTS! It was back in 2021 on the CW, but unfortunately it looks like it only lasted one season. I never got the chance to watch it so I can't comment on the quality or why it received such low ratings. :confused3

Believe it or not, they actually DID make a revival of Legends of the Hidden Temple for ADULTS! It was back in 2021 on the CW, but unfortunately it looks like it only lasted one season. I never got the chance to watch it so I can't comment on the quality or why it received such low ratings. :confused3
Wow! I never heard of it. I wonder if it only lasted one season because of lack of advertising. :rolleyes:

Depends on the game show that I want to be involved with. As really loved the "Dating and Newlywed Game"

Does anyone else remember when you got to shop for your prizes on Wheel of Fortune?

I would have loved to play The Match Game or Card Sharks. But only in the 70s.

Zippy, so glad to hear that you and your son enjoyed a taping if Price is Right. Dad and I years ago when we went, had to wait in line at CBS all morning and into early afternoon. Long day. Thankfully we live close by. I hope these days you just need a ticket and of course that you didn't need to stand around for hours. Thankful you and your son have that good memory :)

Does anyone else remember when you got to shop for your prizes on Wheel of Fortune?

Oh yeah - They would show your head in an inset is the camera panned over all these things with price tags - you spent your winnings on what you wanted and I think you could defer the rest to be used later. I don't think you ever just took home the cash though.

Heck, I remember when Wheel didn't spot you the R-S-T-L-N-E, but since practly everyone chose those, they had to start making people pick something else (and I'm sure puck puzzles that had fewer of those popular letters).

I actually was on one when I was in sixth grade! It was a local game show that was televised. They would go around and give a test to local sixth graders and the top four scorers went on the game show. I came in second and won a calculator lol. The winner got a $50 savings bond.

The game show I would appear on if I had to go on a game show would be 1 Vs 100 because I think I could win and get all the money from The Mob. I didn't even know what 1 Vs 100 was until I got a video game of it and then I saw reruns of it on GSN and I saw how easy it was to play. And it was because of 1 Vs 100 that I referred to my collection of plushies as The Mob. The next game show I would do good on would be Wheel Of Fortune because I can easily guess the letters in the puzzles but when all the vowels would no longer be in play I would solve the puzzle easily and win the bonus round really well too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter