Wow An Australian Section! I Am SO EXCITED TO GO!!

I love this idea :cool1:

We have booked a six night package with a five day resort hopper minus the water parks option for $2259 for two people staying at Pop Century Resort.

With both the flights and accommodation now confirmed OMG I'm actually going!!

Good choice. We stayed at the POPS in sept 2010. Its just motel style rooms but perfectly adequate. (big pool and good bus stop) 5 day hopper pass is the minimum time I reckon. What time of year are you going ?? (please do not say June july peak)

At that price you must have got the Dining plan as well.

In sept 2010 we paid $1328 for 2 and got free quick service dining included. (lucky I know)

Everyone else is right its addictive.

my times

1978 D/land

1981 WDW stayed off property

1991 WDW 8 nights stayed off property

2010 sept Pops Century 8 nights

2013 May 7 nights lashing out deluxe beach Club (new York vegas as well YAY and of course 2 days at Disneyland. My work mates think I am mad all that time at theme parks but we love it )

Once will not be enough. If you love theme parks and attractions and rides you will be in heaven... its that good.... and addictive. (great time to go with Aussie dollar soo good)

Enjoy we look forward to your report

:welcome: to our little corner of the Dis! Be prepared for more knowledge of a Disney trips than you ever thought possible!! :goodvibes

Ms. Shuttergirl said:
Welcome to this section of the Dis. Sounds like you are having lots of fun planning and I second the Pop comment. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

lots of fun planning is an understatement. my brother is a gem about it all too. every time I find out something that gets me excited he gets excited with me lol. I'm so glad I am paying to take him with me :-)

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

gregpso said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by razza1987

I love this idea

We have booked a six night package with a five day resort hopper minus the water parks option for $2259 for two people staying at Pop Century Resort.

With both the flights and accommodation now confirmed OMG I'm actually going!!

Good choice. We stayed at the POPS in sept 2010. Its just motel style rooms but perfectly adequate. (big pool and good bus stop) 5 day hopper pass is the minimum time I reckon. What time of year are you going ?? (please do not say June july peak)

At that price you must have got the Dining plan as well.

In sept 2010 we paid $1328 for 2 and got free quick service dining included. (lucky I know)

Everyone else is right its addictive.

my times

1978 D/land

1981 WDW stayed off property

1991 WDW 8 nights stayed off property

2010 sept Pops Century 8 nights

2013 May 7 nights lashing out deluxe beach Club (new York vegas as well YAY and of course 2 days at Disneyland. My work mates think I am mad all that time at theme parks but we love it )

Once will not be enough. If you love theme parks and attractions and rides you will be in heaven... its that good.... and addictive. (great time to go with Aussie dollar soo good)

Enjoy we look forward to your report

you are correct. we have the full dining plan included in our price. we are planning on going from Feb 23-March 1 next year so no, not in peak times lol

Mum from oz said:
to our little corner of the Dis! Be prepared for more knowledge of a Disney trips than you ever thought possible!!

I love that we get our own little section on here. makes it more personal in a way if that doesn't sound silly lol

I just called to make our meal reservations while at Disney. when the lady on the other end said "at Magic Kingdom" I started tearing up. me=sook lmao.

it was taking forever to process my card and she ended up having to process them one at a time. she apologized for it taking so long. I told her "don't worry. take as long as you need. I've already waited nearly 26 years for this." she goes "aww" lmao I'm pathetic

razza1987 said:
I just called to make our meal reservations while at Disney. when the lady on the other end said "at Magic Kingdom" I started tearing up. me=sook lmao.

it was taking forever to process my card and she ended up having to process them one at a time. she apologized for it taking so long. I told her "don't worry. take as long as you need. I've already waited nearly 26 years for this." she goes "aww" lmao I'm pathetic

Hi Razza, don't feel silly about tearing up when you are planning your first trip, OR when you enter the park for the first time. I think you'll find that's a common reaction here by the Aus/NZ dissers :)

I fully expect to start crying when I see that WDW sign tomorrow night and it's my 4th Disney trip!

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

While I was on the phone the lady kept telling me how much she loves Australian animals especially the "koala bears" and that she saw one at San Diego zoo. She asked me if they hurt and I told her I got to hold one once and it digs it claws in cause it's trying to hold on like it does on a tree lol.

Americans and their term koala bears smh. It aint a bear lmao.

Apparently there was a problem with my booking because apparently the hotel spelled my name wrong so when Karen (the lady I was on the phone with) tried to make the reservations it kept on rejecting it. Then she had to do each of the bookings individually.

At least now it's all booked and I can stop stressing about the restaurants I want being booked out lol

PS she kept saying good morning and have a good day to me and I kept reminding her while it was 8am over there it was 10pm over here lmao

They also asked while making the reservations if it was our first time there *shrugs*

This was what I booked last night. Yes it's a lot of character dining but we are kids at heart lol:

24th Feb 1900 Park Fare restaurant 8pm
25th Feb Breakfast 1900 Park Fare 8am
26th Feb Arheshus Royal Banquet hall 7pm
27th Feb Crystal Palace breakfast 8:05am
27th Feb Be Our Guest Restaurant 8pm
28th Feb Chef Mickeys 8:45pm

you are correct. we have the full dining plan included in our price. we are planning on going from Feb 23-March 1 next year so no, not in peak times lol

Look up dads disney page on the net he gives crowd number all year round. On the 23rd feb he has marked red (heavy crowds) but the days after that should be good. I think President days public hol on Feb 23rd. Once that day is over it goes back to normal. (Cooler weather then too which is good. Summer there is way too hot and humid for me (june july August even into sept) You are going to have fun !!:cool1:

Lucky then that we get there at 8pm to MCO on the 23rd so we won't have to worry about that day at the parks :) Thanks for the information. It's appreciated :)

We started counting down almost a year in advance and I recall having so many "it's so far away" moments. Instead it's now "omg I still have so much to plan and organise, when am I going to get it all done"moments. I picture a mad scramble the night before to get the house in order.

Time will go quicker than you think :)

^^^

That is me right now!!! The time will go quicker than a blink - I can't believe that in 2 weeks time I'll be at Disneyland, with the rest of the trip ahead of me!!! :goodvibes
Just enjoy your planning - do lots of reading, and surfing :surfweb:. There will be quite a number of trip reports coming up in the next couple of months, most of them with pictures, so you will have plenty to look at and research!!
Have fun, oh, and welcome to the Aussie section..!! :banana::wave2:

Based on crowd calendar it looks like this will be our itinerary:

Feb 24 Hollywood Studios
Feb 25 Epcot
Feb 26 Animal Kingdom
Feb 27 Magic Kingdom
Feb 28 Magic Kingdom

What do you think?

This is our planned itinerary now for our late Feb 2013 trip. Opinions are wanted on if we should change anything as we have never been there before lol.

24th Feb

Animal Kingdom

1900 PF Restaurant 6:40pm

MK Evening Magic Hours 8-10pm

25th Feb

1900 PF Breakfast 8am

Hollywood Studios

Evening Extra Magic Hours at Hollywood Studios 7pm – 9pm

26th Feb

Morning Extra Magic Hour at Epcot 8am – 9am

Epcot

Arkheshus Royal Banquet Hall 7pm

27th Feb

Crystal Palace Breakfast 8:05am

Magic Kingdom

Be Our Guest Restaurant 8pm

28th Feb

Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hour: 8am – 9am

Magic Kingdom

Chef Mickeys 9:20pm

Let me know what you think. I'm open to any suggestions whatsoever lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter