Yellow Scooters/ my first post!

I don't understand why people are upset that the other poster told about her dissatisfaction with the company. I saw another thread closed with no reason why. Other people post when they have a bad experience with different vendors, so why is this poster being told not to post about it?

I closed the other thread because at one point, we had all 4 threads about yellow scooter bunched up together at the top of the board.
Since I was on my phone, I could not combine them - which is what we often do with a bunch of threads all on the same subject.

We rented from them. Loved them and their customer service person.

Moms scooter wouldn't start, lol on a rainstorm too. My sister called and they explained what to look for. It wasn't a dead battery but something else that had slipped out of gear when a cm moved it.

We rented from them. Loved them and their customer service person.

Moms scooter wouldn't start, lol on a rainstorm too. My sister called and they explained what to look for. It wasn't a dead battery but something else that had slipped out of gear when a cm moved it.
That brings up an important point -

Every ECV has a lever or something that takes it out of gear. This is kind of like putting your car into neutral - it won't go when you turn it on and give it power, but it can be pushed. It may be called 'free wheel' or the 2 settings may be 'push' and 'drive'.
Whatever it is called, it's important to know where it is and how to use it.

That can be useful if you are in a tight spot and just can't maneuver. CMs use it so they can push the ECVs to move them (since they don't have the key to drive them).
It's easy to not quite get the ECV back into gear. When that happens, you may not be able to push it or drive it because it is partially engaged. Often, the power display will flash at you.
So, if you have left the ECV and it won't work when you try yo use it, the first step is to check whether or not it is in gear. That is often the problem and is very easy yo fix.

I used this company in the past, I won't use it again. They dropped off broken equipment to me, but I did not realize it until I was in Magic Kingdom. I rented a power wheelchair from them and chose to leave my personal one at home. On their chair, one of the frame supports was bent making one of the wheels difficult to turn. I realized there was something wrong when I loaded onto the bus, but I thought maybe it was something the wheel was caught on in the bus. When we got off the bus, I had trouble unloading and again thought it was just the floor of the bus. It wasn't until I was rolling into Magic Kingdom did my son look at the chair and realize that the frame support was bent and it would block the wheel from turning completely. The wheel couldn't turn right. With no other options as Disney does not have equipment to accommodate me, we tried our best to nurse the chair and make only left turns. However, when I was going down a ramp, the bent frame caught on the sidewalk, the leg rest became trapped under the chair, and the collision threw me forward onto Main St. USA. The broken frame had snapped off the chair making one of the leg rests detach.

I was assisted back to my resort and called in the morning to describe what happened and left a message for the owner to call me back. They took responsibility for the chair being broken on delivery, did not attempt to charge me for the repair, and expressed their apologies. Since they are not able to enter the parks for assistance, I could not call them to come help me and bring me new equipment to facilitate me enjoying the rest of my evening. For this reason, I won't rent from them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter