Yippee!! Our own sub-forum

I'm not sure that is a fair comparison.... :lmao: :lmao: I don't recall a Disney ship running aground or running into wharves :rotfl:

True. :lmao:

I'll rephrase, I need sea-sick tablets on the ferry, infact on most boats, and even with them I sometimes end up "fish feeding.: :lmao::lmao::lmao:

hey kangarucci, who did you book your 2010 trip with, i wouldn't mind getting some info on it.

Hi
I booked it through a US travel agent, Small World Vacations, which was recommended on Mousesavers. The agents name is Tracy.

They give you the current Disney on board credit of $25 USD per stateroom and their own shipboard credit of $100 USD (one off) for 7 + night cruises.

I have been very happy with them. We converse by email and the agent is always prompt to reply.

It was much cheaper to book with an US travel agent than with an Aus. one for the 2007 trip and I would expect it to be similar again.

When we booked our 2010 med cruise, we too priced it with US travel agents, AUssie travel agents and directly with DCL. The option not to take is with Aussie agents as it was alot more expensive!

We started off direct with DCL and ended up transfering our reservation to Dreams unlimited. We got the DIsney $25 online booking credit as well as $500 onboard credit per stateroom!!!

For the Panama Canal, we used SmallWorldVacations as well. And their service has been topnotch. Quicker with emails compared to DU. Tracy comes highly recommended by other DISers! Our agent is Karen. Again, we got the $25 Disney as well as $200 onboard credit from Small world vacations.

so that westbound cruise starts in Barcelona and ends in Florida? I think we may want to start with something around Jamaica maybe.

Maybe check out their caribbean cruises? Not sure when you are going, but I think there are kids sail free offers on at the moment for sailings in Jan to April 2010

hooray, Australian forum!

re: Disney cruise, i have told a few people about our plans to go on Podcast Cruise 2.0 and usually i have to explain what a Disney cruise is. most people seem to like the idea of it though. a few have been quite jealous actually ;)

one of my sisters is planning a big WDW + DCL trip with a group of friends in 2018 when their kids are a big more grown up :D

hooray, Australian forum!

re: Disney cruise, i have told a few people about our plans to go on Podcast Cruise 2.0 and usually i have to explain what a Disney cruise is. most people seem to like the idea of it though. a few have been quite jealous actually ;)

one of my sisters is planning a big WDW + DCL trip with a group of friends in 2018 when their kids are a big more grown up :D

We're so much looking forward to our cruise we're taking next year. And we're happy to tell people who we're sailing with.

Hi all !! This is so great to have an Aussie forum. I will look forward to reading all the travel tips while I am planning my September 2010 trip to Disneyworld.
Thanks to everyone at the Disboards for making this happen:wizard:

I just came back from a 10 day Disneyworld trip in September this year, so if you have any questions I might be able to help :goodvibes I found in my planning it really helped to get an Australian perspective

I always worry about the weather in florida in sept, it seems to be hit and miss. Was it ok this year?? did you do the free dining?

I always worry about the weather in florida in sept, it seems to be hit and miss. Was it ok this year?? did you do the free dining?

It was HOT, and humid. It definately takes it out of you, but we are reasonably well conditioned as Australians. You just need to drink lots of water, and use airconditioning and breaks and you will be fine, provided you are reasonably fit (going for walks for the months before you go helps). The crowds were great, there were enough people to create atmosphere but the wait times were pretty good (we used touring plans which was an ENORMOUS help). We completely lucked out, it only rained like once or twice in the whole 10 days we were there, but i think when he left it must have rained for a week straight we were so lucky. We did do free dining, which worked out well for us.

I was at WDW in the first 2 weeks in Oct 2009 so if anyone has questions about flight/connections/planning/weather/attractions etc I'll try and help.

It was so good in fact we're going back in Sept/Oct 2010!!

I was at WDW in the first 2 weeks in Oct 2009 so if anyone has questions about flight/connections/planning/weather/attractions etc I'll try and help.

I've got heaps of questions! Although not going until you've been a second time...

It appears that from Sydney, flights either get there early in the morning or in the evening after 6pm. Which did you do? Did you spend all 2 weeks at WDW or did you other Orlando attractions as well? And of course, what was your favourite place to eat?

I've got heaps of questions! Although not going until you've been a second time...

It appears that from Sydney, flights either get there early in the morning or in the evening after 6pm. Which did you do? Did you spend all 2 weeks at WDW or did you other Orlando attractions as well? And of course, what was your favourite place to eat?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but Ozkateer and I went at the same time so I thought I would put in my 2 cents with hers. I flew Delta, got into Orlando at 6pm. I think this would have been the better option as we were exhausted and wouldnt have been able to handle a day at the parks (and i think it would have been pretty hard to stay away). We spent 10 days in Disney World (that included 2 days at Universal). From memory, ozKateer spent all of her time in the area as well. We could have spent more time as WDW and Universal etc etc are HUGE with so much stuff to do. I seriously reccommend to all people going to WDW that you buy the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World by Bob Sehlinger and Len Testa, i got mine from Dymocks. It was a wealth of information, which you really need because WDW is a bit of a monster (albeit a fun one). The best restaurant I ate at WDW was probably Le Cellier, which is in Epcot and notoriously books out 90 days in advance. We also ate at California Grill (pretty good), Jiko (overrated), Flying Fish (Pretty good) and Chef Mickeys (food was pretty terrible, but thats not why you go). Any other questions, just ask

It is great to hear your trip went so well. We had an amazing time too, so jealous you are going back next year. I am satisfying my disney craving at Disneyland Paris instead when I go to Europe for 2 months, but it won't quite be WDW will it?! :rolleyes1

I know this wasn't directed at me, but Ozkateer and I went at the same time so I thought I would put in my 2 cents with hers. I flew Delta, got into Orlando at 6pm. I think this would have been the better option as we were exhausted and wouldnt have been able to handle a day at the parks (and i think it would have been pretty hard to stay away). We spent 10 days in Disney World (that included 2 days at Universal). From memory, ozKateer spent all of her time in the area as well. We could have spent more time as WDW and Universal etc etc are HUGE with so much stuff to do. I seriously reccommend to all people going to WDW that you buy the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World by Bob Sehlinger and Len Testa, i got mine from Dymocks. It was a wealth of information, which you really need because WDW is a bit of a monster (albeit a fun one). The best restaurant I ate at WDW was probably Le Cellier, which is in Epcot and notoriously books out 90 days in advance. We also ate at California Grill (pretty good), Jiko (overrated), Flying Fish (Pretty good) and Chef Mickeys (food was pretty terrible, but thats not why you go). Any other questions, just ask

Thank you! I don't mind who the info comes from!

That is nice that you got to go together. It is always more fun when you have someone you can share your excitement with. Its never quite the same telling the stories to families and friends when you come home. Did you already know each other before you went?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter