You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like it was pretty busy last night(Friday) and this morning(Sat)
My items which were sitting there for days with no bids and barely any looks got multiple bids with still a couple of days to go.

One person emailed me and asked if I would ship to Norway they will pay the extra postage. I looked the postage up and it would be like $25.00 extra. Yikes thats more then the item, but if thats what they want to do..

Originally posted by sylver2
[BHas anyone ever listed an item that Ebay took off because it was violating something, but yet you see dozens of others with the exact same listing, and theirs didn't get shut down? [/B]
I had a listing taken off for violating saying I used someone else's photo!!! I took the photo last summer and three or four people have "Borrowed" it since then. I know it was mine it was on my tablecloth with my mircowave in the background.........I was steamed. So I relisted with another photo I took, I wish I could fiqure out how to put my name on the photos as I would start doing that!

Anyone know where I can find very large boxes? My DH is selling a very heavy and very large very old computer on ebay. He's been on the hunt today at 3 or 4 stores looking for boxes. Mail Boxes Etc...(UPS store now) wanted $15 for ONE box!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks.:teeth:

How big do you need? I have a big box for my PC tower, plus several others (desk chair, etc) that were just put in the outside closet to go to the trash. If you want them, you can have them for the cost of shipping. (No idea how much that would be, though!)

My DH is selling a very heavy and very large very old computer on ebay. He's been on the hunt today at 3 or 4 stores looking for boxes. Mail Boxes Etc..
I would suggest you try a computer store. They often toss the boxes from their displays.

Originally posted by beattyfamily
Anyone know where I can find very large boxes? My DH is selling a very heavy and very large very old computer on ebay. He's been on the hunt today at 3 or 4 stores looking for boxes. Mail Boxes Etc...(UPS store now) wanted $15 for ONE box!!!

Any ideas?

We've been seling compiuters and laptops fro a while, and my DH makes some custom boxes..

He's also in the computer business, but he can't take the boxes home with him on the train (no room!).. so he makes his own.

He also packs them very well. I would try larger stores like Walmart/Kmart or something like that.

Back at holiday time one store (think it was Target) had a perfect box for them then... it may have just been a holiday purchase though.

Originally posted by ceecee
I had a listing taken off for violating saying I used someone else's photo!!! I took the photo last summer and three or four people have "Borrowed" it since then. I know it was mine it was on my tablecloth with my mircowave in the background.........I was steamed. So I relisted with another photo I took, I wish I could fiqure out how to put my name on the photos as I would start doing that!

There are two ways to put your name (or something identifying) on your photos. The easiest is to just write it on a piece of paper, put it on top of your photo and then scan it into your computer for uploading. The second way is to add it in a photo editing program (such as adobe). Hope that helps.

I also add my name to my photos when Im editing my photos before I upload them to use. I always am forced to crop out my babys hands as shes always trying to run into my photos. Or just write your ebay ID on a sheet of paper and lay it next to your item as your snapping the picture.

Originally posted by ceecee

You could also put the entire listing with pictures included in the description and put the entire description (pics and all) into an HTML script. That way, the photo can not be stolen, because it is imbedded into the script.

You can read Ebay Hacks (great book BTW) for instructions on how to do this.

Are you saying that you were selling a picture and someone else 'borrowed' it and then sold it themself? And then they reported you as the stealer? Really? That's horrid.

I know there is a fee to become a seller on ebay and I'm debating on taking the plunge. I buy nice clothes- J.Crew, Abercrombie, Gap, etc. and have outgrown a ton of them. While they are all still in good condition I usually just end up giving them to goodwill but this may be a way for me to make some money back on them rather than giving them away. Any info you guys have would help, thanks!

Renee

Thanks for the suggestions on added text to a photo...since I am computer challenged, I put a post it note with my name on the item (not the greatest look!) until I can find a better way.
Renee: I listed a lot of designer brand clothes in great shape and didn't do that well, could have been the size wasn't popular they were 4-6 pants and petite small tops. Seems kid's clothes do much better.

Just an interesting postage story here - I've been selling on Ebay since early 1997, an old-timer by Ebay standards. I've also had a mail order business since 1986.

I shipped a box by Priority Mail on Feb. 3. About 10 days later, the buyer emailed me that he hadn't received it yet. I kept in touch with him and just heard from him yesterday that the box finally arrived. It took 17 days to get from NJ to MD.

So if you ever have a package you ship (or purchase) not show up promptly, be patient. It may turn up much later than expected.

Steve

Originally posted by beattyfamily

Any ideas?

Hi beattyfamily! It's gotten to where I just don't list large things much for just the same reason. It's a hassle to find and too expensive just for the box. Even UPS, Fedex and the like only ship up to a certain size (don't know off the top of my head) and then you have to send it by a freight company. The thing you sell has to be worth the cost plus the huge shipping. It's probably just me, but I have a hard time guesstimating what the shipping costs are going to be on large things, even using UPS shipping calculator. Just not worth the hassles to me.

Originally posted by DanceRC28
I know there is a fee to become a seller on ebay and I'm debating on taking the plunge.
There is no fee to become a seller. You only pay fees on what you list. You pay $.35 to list an item (starting value between $1 - $. 9.99) then a small percentage of the final value. When I first decided to list stuff on ebay, I put a $ amount on what I was willing to Gamble with (say $10) then I listed until I reached that amount in fees.

did not get a bill or anything from ebay to pay listing fees, etc. Is this delayed, ordo they automatically take it from the credit card I have on my account?

Originally posted by DanceRC28
I know there is a fee to become a seller on ebay and I'm debating on taking the plunge. I buy nice clothes- J.Crew, Abercrombie, Gap, etc. and have outgrown a ton of them. While they are all still in good condition I usually just end up giving them to goodwill but this may be a way for me to make some money back on them rather than giving them away. Any info you guys have would help, thanks!

Renee

While I have not sold ladies items, I have sold men's items with success. Also, I have friends who have purchased clothing items on Ebay. When I have checked a person's feedback, I notice many people have purchased/sold women's clothing. I see no reason not to give it a try; I just wouldn't expect to make anything near the value of the item.

Originally posted by frannn
did not get a bill or anything from ebay to pay listing fees, etc. Is this delayed, ordo they automatically take it from the credit card I have on my account?
They will send you a bill on a set schedule, I get billed on the 15th. They will automatically charge the credit card.

Originally posted by disneychrista
They will send you a bill on a set schedule, I get billed on the 15th. They will automatically charge the credit card.

Or you can pay by paypal after you receive your bill. You do not have to have automatic payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter