• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

You mean I DO get to go to WDW in 2014?? - Link to TR in post #523

Congrats on the trip.
I loved Little mermaid for the fact of the 2 beds. Anytime I can get my own is a blessing. LOL
CSR is great. We stayed in Casitas 1 which was close to the main building and close to bus stop 2.
The plans sound great so far.

The Plans

Day 1, Wednesday, May 28th, 2014
Fly to MCO take DME to Coronado Springs Resort
Dinner at Pepper Market

Love choosing the resort dining option on arrival night. :thumbsup2 I hear Pepper Market is one of the best.

Day 2, Thursday May 29th, 2014
Breakfast at the Resort
Check out the Resort
Bus to MK, Monorail to GF, check in
MK until room is ready
Get settled in room
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare

What sort of CS options does the GF have for breakfast? Dinner back at GF. Excellent.

Day 3, Friday May 30th, 2014
Quick breakfast in room
Head over to DHS for SWW
Lunch at QS DHS
More SWW stuff
Dinner in the room, Chinese Chicken Salad and maybe some Frozen Asian appetizers.

What QS does DHS have? My kids love Pizza Planet. I really like 50's but it's not quick or CS.

Day 4, Saturday May 31st, 2014
Quick breakfast in room,
Head over to DHS for SWW, if there is something different from Friday (if not all bets are off and we are free to do what we want to do!)
Lunch at QS DHS (see above)
More SWW stuff (see above)
Dinner in the room, Turkey Club Sandwiches, chips and summer salad.

I haven't been during SWW but it looks like a blast. Joshua would love that. Do they have special merchandise? Cough cough, Fran? :laughing:

Day 5, Sunday June 1st, 2014
Quick breakfast in room, or not?
Head over to DHS for SWW, if there is something different from Friday and Saturday (if not all bets are off and we are free to do what we want to do!)
Lunch at QS DHS (see above)
More SWW stuff (see above)
We could also go to Epcot
Dinner at Narcoosees @ 7:15PM

I love that you are spending so much time at the resort restaurants? Have yo been to Narcoosees? The menu looks so good.

Day 6, Monday June 2nd , 2014
Possible day to go to TPC
Otherwise Epcot
Dinner at Le Celier 7:15PM

Theme Park Connection? Still haven't been to Le Cellier. Three trips, three reservations, three cancelations. :blush:

Day 7, Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014
Go to AK
Late Lunch at Sanaa 2:30PM
Probably eat leftovers in the room for dinner.

Sanaa is our favorite. :thumbsup2 Good wine menu and bread service.

Day 7, Wednesday, June 4th, 2014
Possible day to go to TPC?
Otherwise MK
Dinner at Be Our Guest 5:55PM

:banana: Yay for Be Our Guest. I need to look at their menu.

So I bet everyones big question is what chunk of meat will she be throwing in her suitcase this time?" Well Im not! Most of you know about a year ago I traveled with a Prime Rib that visited the Titanic Exhibition in the back of Frans Scooter before it was cooked into four totally different glorious meals on different nights of our trip.

No big meat? :rotfl2:

Here is my grocery list so far. Im sure that it will change in the next few months.

Grocery list

12 pack cans mountain dew
6 pack bottles diet Dr. Pepper
White Bread sliced
Head iceberg lettuce
4 cucumbers
4 tomatoes on the vine
1 red onion
1 lb bacon
6 Yoplait Lowfat Yogurts (4 strawberry, 1 raspberry, 1 blueberry)
½ dozen eggs
Smallest pack of real butter available
Original Kettle Chips from Lays
V8
½ gallon 2% milk
2 individual servings honey nut cheerios

I love a good grocery list. :cloud9: Will you use GG or WeGoShop?

Here are some of the things that I definitely want to do on this trip.

Go to sleep the night before we fly!

More rides!
Hopefully they will have worked out the glitch with the Premier Passports and we can actually book FP+ online by the time the trip rolls around. Besides the fact that I had so many F&W events to get to, we didnt do nearly enough rides last trip. I plan to change that this trip.

I want to try the Sorcerers of the MK game. Several friends have commented on it and it sounds like great fun.

Relax by the pool

Maybe get a spa treatment

Well thats it for this update. I think thats quite a list for now! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

That's a good list. Pool time is a must for us. I can't imagine how gorgeous the VGF pool is. Wonder if it's big and what services it offers; bar, food?

Nice to hear that you and Fran will be going back to WDW in May. You have a nice plan during your visit.

Congrats on the trip.
I loved Little mermaid for the fact of the 2 beds. Anytime I can get my own is a blessing. LOL
CSR is great. We stayed in Casitas 1 which was close to the main building and close to bus stop 2.
The plans sound great so far.

That's funny that you like your own beds. We like to share, but we need a king, we're big gals!

I'm hoping we'll be close to the main building, I've been researching the resort and it seems to be really big. I'm glad you approve of the plans! :thumbsup2

Love choosing the resort dining option on arrival night. :thumbsup2 I hear Pepper Market is one of the best.

There seems to be a lot of different choices, so I'm sure we'll find something. Usually I cook us something in the room on arrival night so this is a stretch to get something from a CS, but I figure that's less painless then making her sit through a restaurant meal.

What sort of CS options does the GF have for breakfast? Dinner back at GF. Excellent.

GF has the Gasparilla Grill, but we probably won't be eating there. I will make breakfast in the Villa. The first full day we'll probably head back to Pepper Market for breakfast.

What QS does DHS have? My kids love Pizza Planet. I really like 50's but it's not quick or CS.

We usually end up at this place near Star Tours where they have a hot dog and a turkey melt sandwich. But I saw in the DISmom's TR that they also have a Mac and Cheese Hot dog in the ToT area.

I haven't been during SWW but it looks like a blast. Joshua would love that. Do they have special merchandise? Cough cough, Fran? :laughing:

Oh, I'm sure they have special merchandise! You know she will be buying whatever there is!

I love that you are spending so much time at the resort restaurants? Have yo been to Narcoosees? The menu looks so good.

We ate at Narcoosee's on the trip in Jan/Feb, it was awesome. Way better than CA grill. That is our "fancy" place instead of V&A's. It's not quite as swanky, but it's pretty darned good.

Theme Park Connection? Still haven't been to Le Cellier. Three trips, three reservations, three cancelations. :blush:

We love a good steak and have only been to Le Cellier once, however, we are hoping that since they are now a "Signature" and have added a Rib Eye to the menu, that it might be better than before.

Sanaa is our favorite. :thumbsup2 Good wine menu and bread service.

I really liked it last time, and Fran didn't object, so I thought I would throw it in there. lunch will hopefully be just as good!

:banana: Yay for Be Our Guest. I need to look at their menu.

I've heard the Pomme Frites are to die for!

No big meat? :rotfl2:

At that time of year, it just doesn't sound that good.

I love a good grocery list. :cloud9: Will you use GG or WeGoShop?

I'm thinking WeGoShop, they were good for me last time.

That's a good list. Pool time is a must for us. I can't imagine how gorgeous the VGF pool is. Wonder if it's big and what services it offers; bar, food?

I might use the bar, but not the food. It would probably be a trip to the pool without Fran. She would be in the room. There are quite a few pools at the VGC, so not sure which one(s) I would end up at!

Monday 2nd June is a good day for us to consider a visit to TPC all being well with my health :-) but I am scared. I will want everything and have limited room on the plane and finances lol! But Jo will control me :-)

Yes, they have Special Merchandise, and they have special DVC stuff.... I know you will have fun, they have an entire warehouse apart from the rest of the park, that has all the special merchandise...

Been there and done that!

Yes, they have Special Merchandise, and they have special DVC stuff.... I know you will have fun, they have an entire warehouse apart from the rest of the park, that has all the special merchandise... Been there and done that!
sweet :-)

Looks like another great trip! The Grand Floridian villas look awfully swanky. I'm interested to see what you two think of them. Personally, I'd be a little afraid to do things like walk, breathe, blow my nose, etc. :rotfl2:

Happy New to all !

Your plans sound great. Love the try to sleep the night before the trip-
I am guilty of the same problem.
Have not been to BOG yet - next trip November for the Food & Wine.
We love 'Ohana. Have you been there for dinner ?
Would like to stay at VGF some day, but when I see the points needed
I cringe. We did stay at GF before DVC. Some day we will stay on points.

I'm fashionably late to the party and looking forward to your review of VGF.

Yay just read your plans and you have such a nice long week planned! Very excited for you :cool1:

Monday 2nd June is a good day for us to consider a visit to TPC all being well with my health :-) but I am scared. I will want everything and have limited room on the plane and finances lol! But Jo will control me :-)

I’ll pencil that day in the schedule. Of course it’s all dependent on health issues, for Fran as well. There will be some things there, that just aren’t feasible to purchase, like the lifesize MU display that they had last time we went, and that FP return sign that you admired so much. It should be interesting, Ruthie said that they have tons more stuff than the last place.

Yes, they have Special Merchandise, and they have special DVC stuff.... I know you will have fun, they have an entire warehouse apart from the rest of the park, that has all the special merchandise...

Been there and done that!

And now with the new warehouse it is supposedly more than twice the size of the last.

::yes::

Looks like another great trip! The Grand Floridian villas look awfully swanky. I'm interested to see what you two think of them. Personally, I'd be a little afraid to do things like walk, breathe, blow my nose, etc. :rotfl2:

:welcome: I can totally relate to this. We just bought a swanky house though, and I hope we’ll be moved in there before this trip. It will be quite an adjustment to get used to living in a swanky house. Hopefully I’ll be used to it by the end of May so staying at the VGF will feel like home when we get there. :laughing: The other thing I'm wondering is how will our garage sale furniture look in said swanky house? :scratchin (Don't laugh, I'm dead serious!)

Happy New Year, i'm here! :):)

Yay! :banana: :welcome:

Happy New to all !

Your plans sound great. Love the try to sleep the night before the trip-
I am guilty of the same problem.
Have not been to BOG yet - next trip November for the Food & Wine.
We love 'Ohana. Have you been there for dinner ?
Would like to stay at VGF some day, but when I see the points needed
I cringe. We did stay at GF before DVC. Some day we will stay on points.

Happy New Year to you too! and :welcome:

I should have specified when I said, “go to sleep the night before the trip”, I meant, “Have the car fully packed by 6PM so I can have a peaceful dinner and go to sleep, not spend the night packing until 4AM when I have to leave for the airport.” :lmao:

I’ve been to ‘Ohana before and I love that place!

The points are pretty hefty, but I figured that we have a ton of points, and why not splurge and use them on ourselves. I rented out over half my points in 2013, now, I’m using almost half my points to stay there! :rotfl:

I'm fashionably late to the party and looking forward to your review of VGF.

:welcome: Glad you made it over here!

Yay just read your plans and you have such a nice long week planned! Very excited for you :cool1:

It’s been a long time since I’ve stayed for one week in a resort, so it will be nice to unpack and get settled and not have to change after 3-4 days.

So changes are a happenin at WDW. I wasn’t really able to take advantage of My Magic Plus on the last trip since Premier Passholders couldn’t make online FP+ selections. Since I had no idea what was available, I couldn’t make any decisions. This trip, I’m hoping that the bugs are all worked out so that we can see what the options are and I have all the information about my choices.

Things are looking good since when I log into MDE it gave me the option to use My Magic Plus, but we’ll see when the 60 day window opens. On other My Magic Plus news I have customized our MBs for both our stays. I know I’m not the only one who thinks this is a complete waste that we get two sets of MBs for this trip AND we are only staying at Coronado for one night for a place to sleep before we check into the VGF. We won’t be using those bands for a park, but I guess they are needed for DME and our room key.

I do wish that I could use my MB from the BCV for this trip and I wouldn’t have to create more waste with them making new MBs. The batteries are supposed to last up to three years. Besides, I picked my favorite color for the BCV trip and now it’s practically a doorstop (if it were strong enough to stop a door). Now I have to choose all the other colors other than my favorite so I don’t get it mixed up with the other band. I suppose I could throw the band away, but then I would be helping to fill a landfill. Oh the dilemmas!

Anywho, I have customized my Magic Bands for both hotels. Gray for the first night and yellow for the rest of the stay. Fran chose Orange for the first night and Blue for the remainder of the trip. I guess we’ll be sporting UCLA colors! :lmao: I suppose we will have to pick out our FP+ attractions, but we won’t be able to do that until sometime in March, so I’m not even going to start thinking about that just yet.

I did receive something in the mail that was so wasteful, I can’t believe this whole My Magic Plus concept. Many of you know that they ship the bands in an incredibly costly packaging via UPS Next Day Air. At least this package came via First Class Bulk Mail but still, take a look!

The flash drive takes you to an online presentation featuring Edna ‘E’ Mode and how the Magic Bands work and how you can use My Magic Plus to “enhance” your park experience. It was cheesy but cute. I just can’t imagine how much this whole package cost to produce! And. I. Just. Got. Another. Identical. Package. On. New. Year’s. Eve. They must really have a lot invested in all the parkgoers wearing their little GPS trackers!

I think that’s it for my rant about the bands and the waste that Disney is going through just to have us schedule ourselves into their little world and keep better track of us. I will be curious as to how this works out in the long run and just how invasive the technology becomes. Be back with Day to day plans.

I agree that the whole MB system is crazy! I got 2 bands for my trip in October and they sent me both by next day air too. I didn't get the flash drive though so I'm a little jealous!

Jill in CO

Just found your TP tonight and enjoyed reading. I feel the same way when we leave our cats! They get moody and upset, but forgive us quickly when we return.

We stayed at CSR a few times before buying DVC. It's my fave mod with beautiful grounds. I remember the Pepper Market is good with a variety of different stations: Mexican, Chinese, sandwiches, pasta, pizza. The dessert selection was really good too - I always remember desserts!

We will be in WDW May 23-27 staying at OKW, then we check out and head to VB May 27-31. Trying to use our PAP's and also get a beach trip while in FL.

You get to pick MORE MB??

That's crazy. Those bands are supposed to be reusable. Such a waste of resource.

I hope that the FP+ works for you this time.

I'm so baffled by the whole MB thing anyway. :laughing: I'm going to need a serious tutorial for our next trip....whenever that is. The packaging is neat if nothing else. Of course, I'm the girl who keeps every ticket, every map, every everything. :blush:

I agree that the whole MB system is crazy! I got 2 bands for my trip in October and they sent me both by next day air too. I didn't get the flash drive though so I'm a little jealous!

Jill in CO

I think they were in the testing phase in the Fall so they weren't in full roll out. Now we're getting the full waste of resources.

Just found your TP tonight and enjoyed reading. I feel the same way when we leave our cats! They get moody and upset, but forgive us quickly when we return.

We stayed at CSR a few times before buying DVC. It's my fave mod with beautiful grounds. I remember the Pepper Market is good with a variety of different stations: Mexican, Chinese, sandwiches, pasta, pizza. The dessert selection was really good too - I always remember desserts!

We will be in WDW May 23-27 staying at OKW, then we check out and head to VB May 27-31. Trying to use our PAP's and also get a beach trip while in FL.

Too bad we will just miss you! I'm glad to hear another positive review of Pepper Market. I've yet to hear a negative review so that's good!

You get to pick MORE MB??

That's crazy. Those bands are supposed to be reusable. Such a waste of resource.

I hope that the FP+ works for you this time.

I know, its a huge waste! I really hope we can pick FPs online. If they haven't worked out the Premier passport glitch, some CM will be reading me every available ride or attraction and eating their salary that day!

I'm so baffled by the whole MB thing anyway. :laughing: I'm going to need a serious tutorial for our next trip....whenever that is. The packaging is neat if nothing else. Of course, I'm the girl who keeps every ticket, every map, every everything. :blush:

Well the good thing is so far its been easy. Our glitch last time was the Premier passes thing. For you when you go next I guess you will have WDW only passes so it won't be a problem. I hope ours are fixed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter