You meet fellow DVCers everywhere!

dianeschlicht

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
I am always amazed at how often I run into other DVC owners just out and about at non-Disney places.

Yesterday while sitting on the plaza of the new Target Field ballpark in Minneapolis, we ran into another couple with our same interests! They saw DH and I sitting there with our Twins jackets on and holding a DVC soft side cooler bag. We were waiting to take pictures of the unveiling of the Kirby Puckett bronze at the Plaza entrance.

This couple came armed with far more and far fancier cameras than we had, but we shared an hour of story time about our DVC experiences and our experiences as Twins season ticket holders. It didn't hurt that we got to help open up a GREAT new ballpark in the process!

OpeningDayTargetField008.jpg

OpeningDayTargetField005.jpg

OpeningDayTargetField137.jpg

hello from another fellow (new!) DVC owner, :wave2: I was at work, 3 blocks from the ballpark yesterday! I work off of Washington and 3rd, the F16's flew right over my head! It is a beautiful field, isnt it?

Please tell me they have a "hit the Target" feature for homers. :)

LOL, no, just the one outside the park that you see in the photo from behind the Killebrew statue.

Oh, and the F-16 flyover was incredible! I took a picture of it but almost missed it!
OpeningDayTargetField139.jpg

BTW, I have taken to carrying a DVC item when I go places, because it brings other DVC members out of the woodwork to talk to. This time it was the DVC cooler bag, but other times it has been something as simple as a DVC baggage tag. I find people standing in lines that will spot my DVC item and start talking about it because they are so glad to find a "member of the club"!

We just bought in within the last 2 weeks, I haven't even gottent he paperwork yet, let alone any DVC stuff. I'm just waiting to accumulate "things" lol!

We met other DVC members at Mount Rushmore a few years ago. In fact, they even posted here on the DIS.

People you would never in a million years think would love Disney as much as you do show up everywhere. When we went home last January we purchased a DVC sticker and the silver mouse ears for the car. Since returning to work there have been four different people stop me in the parking lot to say they are members too. It is almost like we have our own special club at work. Hopefully one day we can all manage to go at the same time.

Why would they build an outdoor ballpark in Minneaspolis????

Doesn't it start getting cold there in late September and snow in October?? A retractable roof stadium seems to me would have been more appropriate. Do they think they are in Orlando????

:thumbsup2

Doesn't it start getting cold there in late September and snow in October?? A retractable roof stadium seems to me would have been more appropriate. Do they think they are in Orlando????

I was wondering that myself.

They couldn't get a roof funded. Its a tax funded stadium (as most of them are).

Yeah, it could snow during playoffs (we usually don't get snow that sticks on the ground until November or December though) and the early part of the season may mean bring your down jacket.

Oooh, I love to talk DVC whenever possible!! And my husband and son are at the new Twins stadium this very second!! We managed to get tickets for the second home game, so we feel pretty fortunate. Can't wait to hear all about it from them. Go TWINS!! :cheer2:

They couldn't get a roof funded. Its a tax funded stadium (as most of them are).

Yeah, it could snow during playoffs (we usually don't get snow that sticks on the ground until November or December though) and the early part of the season may mean bring your down jacket.

There's your first problem

Wow, I've never met a fellow DVC Member except in WDW. I obviously need to start carrying something that says DVC on it to have that experience. Whenever I learn that somebody loves Disney, I enjoy that. I would really love to find somebody who was actually a member like us, too.

:sad2: Everyone I work with thinks I'm a bit nuts for going to WDW or Vero Beach every year on vacation. In all fairness I work for an uptight corporate america big blue type company. LOL !!! So I'm a "secret" DVCer. :cool2:

Sure, but we're tough scandinavians!;) If we can take the -20 actual temps all winter, we can certainly sit out in +30 temps of spring and fall. We just have to dress for it. Actually, today when it started to rain, the crowd cheered! It sure beats sitting under that balloon!

Sure, but we're tough scandinavians!;) If we can take the -20 actual temps all winter, we can certainly sit out in +30 temps of spring and fall. We just have to dress for it. Actually, today when it started to rain, the crowd cheered! It sure beats sitting under that balloon!

When we lived in Eastern Montana, the High School kids would start wearing shorts when the temperature got above freezing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter