You meet fellow DVCers everywhere!

Having been to the Metrodome about a thousand times between the Vikings and Twins, I am so glad they got an outdoor stadium... Watching a Twins game at the dome wasnt even enjoyable anymore... plus your food options were Famous Daves, Papa Johns, and Field Fare (thats about all I remember)... I will bo to a game maybe in May, and try to hit Canterbury at the same time!

As far as running into DVCers, I have never met one outside of WDW... I dont really carry anything other then my magical blue card though...

Having been to the Metrodome about a thousand times between the Vikings and Twins, I am so glad they got an outdoor stadium... Watching a Twins game at the dome wasnt even enjoyable anymore... plus your food options were Famous Daves, Papa Johns, and Field Fare (thats about all I remember)... I will bo to a game maybe in May, and try to hit Canterbury at the same time!

As far as running into DVCers, I have never met one outside of WDW... I dont really carry anything other then my magical blue card though...

Hey, the food options at Target Field are amazing! It was gorgeous out there today! Highs in the mid 70's and an 8-0 win for the Twins!

You should try carrying something DVC sometime. You'll be amazed at how many new friends you will make!

Sounds nice! I have tickets for May and others for August I think. Unfortunately I may not be able to be back there for the May game but I have people offering to go if they have to! lol And now I may have to bring something DVC along to the game when I do go. I was at the Cardinals game at Busch stadium on Wed night which gave me a taste of the outdoors baseball - it's a beautiful stadium as well. I won't miss the endless stairs at the Metrodome! :thumbsup2

Sounds nice! I have tickets for May and others for August I think. Unfortunately I may not be able to be back there for the May game but I have people offering to go if they have to! lol And now I may have to bring something DVC along to the game when I do go. I was at the Cardinals game at Busch stadium on Wed night which gave me a taste of the outdoors baseball - it's a beautiful stadium as well. I won't miss the endless stairs at the Metrodome! :thumbsup2

Believe me, you will NOT have any trouble finding new owners for any tickets you can't use. We have season tickets, and I have had more "friends" come out of the woodwork this year asking if I have any games I wont be using. It's probably my own fault though, because in the past I have given them away. Not anymore! At $62 a seat, I'll be selling them! I do treat friends during week day games. DH can't get off work to go, so I get to treat friends to the second seat.

I've always wanted to visit Busch stadium too.

It sure beats sitting under that balloon!

I watched some of the Red Sox-Twins games on tv here in New England. The new stadium looks great! I'm sure the fans will enjoy it way more than the "balloon" regardless of weather.

I met a fellow DVC'er at the grocery store! I had noticed that the car next to mine had the same DVC sticker on it's back window that I had. Funny that we were both loading our groceries at the same time. Good thing it wasn't too warm outside or our food might have spoiled!

I'm just in the middle of purchasing resale and was calling a couple days ago to get details about the wire transfer needed to make payment (being up here in Canada the payment options are less varied)... and the AGENT on the phone from the bank started talking to me about being a DVC member. Then I go into work yesterday and am in a training class with some folks I don't normally work with... ended up talking to the woman beside me. Turns out she travels down to WDW every year and is trying to convince her husband to buy.

The people in the rest of the class were looking at us a little bit strange when we started getting uber excited talking about all our trips. They just don't get it.... :lmao:

Small, small world.

J

Parking lots are an obvious place to meet folks, because often DVC people have Disney type license plates or Mickey antenea toppers.

No kidding! lol Especially since they announced they are sold out for the season.

It's good to see small market teams having success, re-signing their own players(Mauer), building new ballparks, selling out for the season and winning ball games. It's good for baseball. Good luck...and have fun!

If the Twins make it deep into the playoffs in late October...you might just wish you had that "balloon" above you. LOL :thumbsup2

I thought of this thread today when I pulled up to pick up my daughter from a weekend camp and the van in front of me had a DVC sticker in the back window. Funny thing, I know this woman and had no idea that she and her family are DVC members. Oh, to have found another person with the same obsession in "my own back yard!" ;)

It's good to see small market teams having success, re-signing their own players(Mauer), building new ballparks, selling out for the season and winning ball games. It's good for baseball. Good luck...and have fun!

If the Twins make it deep into the playoffs in late October...you might just wish you had that "balloon" above you. LOL :thumbsup2

Not a chance we will miss that place! We'll just bundle up and enjoy it!

I'm enjoying reading how other people meet DVC members out of the blue. We have found ourselves seated next to DVC members on planes too. I even met someone in a Dr's office waiting room the other day who was a fellow DVC member.

Interesting thread!

I work for a well known HMO and recently our clinic moved to one of the new buildings on our campus The telecommunications tech who set up our phone system was admiring pictures of my family at WDW that I had put up in my office. Living in California, most people assume they're photos of us at Disneyland. I was surprised when he was able to name the Magic Kingdom We struck up a conversation about WDW and he told me he recently bought into DVC on his family's first trip to WDW this past summer. And to think it took me two trips to finally buy in!:)

I was playing golf today with a friend at a member/guest. I was sharing the same golf cart with on of his other guests. As we were talking he asked it I went to Disney World often, probably because I was wearing my Mickey Golf Cap. I said yes, that I had a timeshare to get away and relax at. Then he asked if it was Disney Vacation Club. I told him yes and he told me he was a member too. So we spent some time talking about our favorite Disney things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter