Votes: 73 42.7%
  • Some form of old FastPass system

Votes: 80 46.8%
  • Dinning Plan

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters

artesian

DIS Veteran
I've seen multiple threads of people asking for one of those to be brought back. I'm curious which you'd choose and why? For me it's AP's. The costs of admission to the parks just really rubs be the wrong way these days. Although very close second is the old FP system

I think the only real choice is Annual Pass.

Magical Express is gone forever.
Fast Passes gone forever. Disney spent billions on Genie
DDP is most likely now going to be Gift Cards.

Without question annual passes. I have one, but my sister is moving to Florida and is waiting for the chance to get one (Yes, I know she can get the Pixie but she wants Sorcerer). Even if Magical Express returned, I would never use it. It's way quicker to take a ride share to your hotel.

annual passes. We're going for 14 days in May (DVC stay) and only have 6 day tickets. We're going to enjoy other attractions in the Orlando area

APs - because they save the most money.

I can pay $80 and replace ME. I can pay $29 to replace FP+. I can pay $0 (and in fact save money compared to the DDP).

AP saves me $$$ compared to buying tickets for every long weekend I fly down for.

We only go once a year so AP doesnt matter to us. We drive so magical express is not doing it. I do like the dining plan but I ate less and probably spent less than the DDP would cost last time we went without, so im fine not having it.

But FP+ id take in a heartbeat or at least Genie with the ability to book 3 rides in advance. We liked genie+ but its still a stressful way to plan your day vs walking into a park and knowing im gonna ride 3 rides at xyz time and fit other stuff in as we go.

APs are the only one that has any intrinsic value to us. DVC has virtually zero value to us at the level we are now w/o it. It's why I spent so much. And now I can't depend on it unless I continue to pay the ransom at every renewal for as long as I can and/or am willing to. So far...

We drive. That kills #1. Even if we flew, I would rent an SUV. My view of the Disney bus system is well documented on this forum. :)

The old FP system is something I miss very much. Both of them. But they have no dollar value to us. I will never pay the ransom that is genie- (SPIT!). I just won't. The end. For that reason, the 'value' of genie- is the same as the value of FP or FP+. I already paid for it. Dearly.

Dining plan? That whole thing is laughable and always has been. It's a system built for amateurs. I know too much, and value my time and money even more than that.

You asked. :)

Last edited:
I'll add 1 more Tables In Wonderland.But with the choices you've given me I guess I'd opt for AP's although we still have about 20 park days left on our NE tickets.

I don’t mind the cost, but really hate the late minute nature of Genie + combined with the park reservation system. I liked being able to sort some of my ride plans well I. Advance, make sure it all worked with dining, and not be glued to by phone at 655 am every morning…. This trip, based on how our park days went, I wanted to switch around reservations for a couple days at the end of the trip, but the reservations were all booked… if I could have booked rides earlier, I would have be able to plan better

Annual passes for sure gets my vote. If I could have a second choice it would be for Table In Wonderland, that was a really good deal for us, we were able to get two 15+ days per ticket. I'm glad we were able to take advantage of it for as many years as we did. I sure wish both of these things would come back.

Magical Express doesn't get my vote because we now drive but for extended family, I'm sorry it's gone. That was a really good perk for people who fly to FL.

It would be nice if the old fast pass system came back but that's probably a long shot. I really resent having to pay extra to get on a ride that is supposed to be included in the admission fee into the park. I did it once to ride the Rat but wouldn't do it again.

I never did a dinning plan other than Tables in Wonderland which I don't think really falls into this category. The dinning plans wouldn't have worked for me or my family.

My vote would be Secret Option 5) Get rid of the Park Pass system. This system doesn't benefit anyone other than Disney bureaucrats.

Maybe DME returning as a second choice - it wouldn't really be that expensive to bring back, only re-negotiating the contract with Mears.

We live on the West Coast, so AP's are worthless to us, and like others, I don't see G+ going "backwards" to FP+ ever again.

I realize that I am very much in the minority here (I am the only vote for DDP🙂). However, I really miss the dining plan. I know you can save money without it but I liked that meals were already paid for. Even though you paid a lot for it the meals don’t seem quite so exorbitant when they are just being paid for with your magicband. Plus, I tend to be more of a cheapskate when paying cash and choose the “cheaper” option on the menu. With DDP we tried places we would not have paying cash.
We only go every other year - there are too many other places to visit too - so AP would not be our choice.
I do miss Magical Express but ride share is honestly much faster.
Fastpass has been doomed for a while. All other major parks were charging so it was only a matter of time. I don’t hate Genie+, other than the 7 am nonsense.

We rent a car, so don´t need Magical Express. We don´t travel enough to use APs, and we like to eat in our unit a lot, so Dining Plan is not important. I would like to see a change to Genie+ It is a pain to use now and I don´t like to have pay for it.

Even if you go once a year unless your dates have to be the exact same week you can double up trips and save money.

Moonlight = not when I go for sure
FP = everyone has access so while nice isnt ground breaking for those who go a bunch
Dining Plan = on average you will spend more money

APs are the only one that has any intrinsic value to us. DVC has virtually zero value to us at the level we are now w/o it. It's why I spent so much. And now I can't depend on it unless I continue to pay the ransom at every renewal for as long as I can and/or am willing to. So far...

We drive. That kills #1. Even if we flew, I would rent an SUV. My view of the Disney bus system is well documented on this forum. :)

The old FP system is something I miss very much. Both of them. But they have no dollar value to us. I will never pay the ransom that is genie- (SPIT!). I just won't. The end. For that reason, the 'value' of genie- is the same as the value of FP or FP+. I already paid for it. Dearly.

Dining plan? That whole thing is laughable and always has been. It's a system built for amateurs. I know too much, and value my time and money even more than that.

You asked. :)
WOWOW zero value,,,,
The not so fine print was that all perks could go or change. You bought a timeshare in a nice bow.
We love our timeshare even without passes....Hundreds of timeshares in the area as well do not get discounts.
Good luck

Well, tough choices but for now I'll say the old FP system because I DESPISE the price gouging on the Genie+ system. I am tapped out financially by the time we get to Disney and we just cannot afford this extra daily cost x however many people we have in our party. Plus the couple of days we used it on 1 trip we for sure didn't get our value out of it. With the old FP system we could ride EVERYTHING WE WANTED sometimes MULTIPLE times. NOTE that we're fortunate enough to have been able to upgrade our 50th anniversary tix to the Sorcerer pass during that brief time period they were for sale last year - but now we're being held hostage by the renewals under the current ban on new sales. If we didn't have the AP's my answer would have been for AP's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter