Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Annual Passes

Votes: 73 42.7%
  • Some form of old FastPass system

Votes: 80 46.8%
  • Dinning Plan

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
I'll take Fastpass+ in a heartbeat. I can get tickets, but I can't get my kids and parents out of that heat in the summer faster than with Fastpasses. Genie + just flat out SUCKS. It SUCKS the dollars out of your pocket, it SUCKS the ability to put your phone away. It does add a serious HATRED of Disney for it though....nothing makes me hate Disney more right now than Genie+. Nothing symbolizes the greed of Disney than this. I will bash Disney to everyone I know who wants to go until they get rid of it.

I already voted earlier in this thread, but I just wanted to say that I actually like G+.

Don't hate me, and, like everyone else, I hate that it's more nickel-and-diming.

But it worked very well for us, it was a huge time-saver, and I was my phone much less than I actually thought I was going to be on it.

FP. I had no trouble in renewing my AP in November so FP is the only thing I want. Absolutely hate the Genie+ system and $29 per person per day over Christmas (according to what I recently read)? Just a matter of time when that price will be the new norm.

We were able to keep our AP's so I voted for the old Fast Pass system. If we didn't have the AP's I would have chosen that first. I don't care about the dining plan since the one time we got it, for free pre-DVC, we felt like it locked down our entire day and we had to walk away from things we would have wanted to do if we had more flexibility. As for Magical Express we enjoyed it at the beginning but by the end the rides were taking way too long to get to our resort and we prefer a car now to drive the some of the things we like to do such as mini-golf.

Wow that was some interesting commnets. Funny I had contemplated putting TiW as an option and looks like it could have gotten a couple of votes. One other comment is I should have tempered the AP choice to "if you didn't have one". Loved reading the takes here and thanks for voting!

Without question annual passes. I have one, but my sister is moving to Florida and is waiting for the chance to get one (Yes, I know she can get the Pixie but she wants Sorcerer). Even if Magical Express returned, I would never use it. It's way quicker to take a ride share to your hotel.
Question: Can you get a Pixie Dust Pass for a year then upgrade to whichever pass you prefer at renewal?

Another vote for the APs. It's the one thing on the list that saves money and even offers discounts for saving more money. The dining plan was popular, but never saved us money or stress - especially with DVC/AP discounts. We never use ME, but I could see that being a big deal to some folks who don't have/want a car. TIW also saved money, but only a little bit over the DVC/AP discounts on food. I also think that APs might be the only thing on this list that actually will return - although I expect the Dining Plan made Disney some money, especially the 'free' one.....

Question: Can you get a Pixie Dust Pass for a year then upgrade to whichever pass you prefer at renewal?
I think you still can. I've read reports of people doing that successfully. In my sister's case, she doesn't want to since she would never use the Pixie due to working a 9-5 and she hasn't even made the move to Florida yet. She is going to hold out for sales of the higher tiers.

I voted for the FP, but as a dream, not something I would expect to happen. Once the Genie+ is out of the bottle (and in the mouse's pockets) you cannot put it back.
I think AP and dining plan, will come back sometime this year, or so I hope for those who are waiting them.
Magical Express was nice, but it doesn't really change much. I've read about the two new services and they seem pretty similar (baggage handling excluded, which I could never use because I travel from abroad) and a rideshare from the airport is quicker and not much more expensive.

We only go once a year so AP doesnt matter to us. We drive so magical express is not doing it. I do like the dining plan but I ate less and probably spent less than the DDP would cost last time we went without, so im fine not having it.

But FP+ id take in a heartbeat or at least Genie with the ability to book 3 rides in advance. We liked genie+ but its still a stressful way to plan your day vs walking into a park and knowing im gonna ride 3 rides at xyz time and fit other stuff in as we go.
Same and for the exact same reasons.

I want all of these things to come back so bad but I voted for fastpass. I hate everything about genie plus. A close second would be magical express WITH the luggage service. I didn’t realize how nice that was until it was gone and I got to experience to cluster of baggage claim at mco, yikes.

I took “old-style fast passes” Why? I often rented a car even with ME, I’m a once-a-year visitor most years, and the dining plans were never quite the right fit for how we ate.

But I used to work those paper fast pass kiosks. That system strongly rewarded someone who was wiling to learn the ins and outs and put in a little work. Of course, what was good for me came at the expense of others in the park, because people like me were consistently clogging up the FP return lines, so I get why Disney changed it.

I took “old-style fast passes” Why? I often rented a car even with ME, I’m a once-a-year visitor most years, and the dining plans were never quite the right fit for how we ate.

But I used to work those paper fast pass kiosks. That system strongly rewarded someone who was wiling to learn the ins and outs and put in a little work. Of course, what was good for me came at the expense of others in the park, because people like me were consistently clogging up the FP return lines, so I get why Disney changed it.
no, Disney changed the fast pass system to line its pockets with more $$$$

no, Disney changed the fast pass system to line its pockets with more $$$$
For the purposes of this poll/hypothetical, I don't particularly care why they did it. The important thing to me is that as the system has evolved from FP->FP+->G+, each step has made it harder to gain an outsized advantage by virtue of planning and knowledge.

Those changes have impacted my vacation much more than the termination of Magical Express or the (long) pauses in the Dining Plan or Annual Pass sales. That's not going to be true for everyone, it is an artifact of how I visited Disney in the past. Frankly, the cost of G+ doesn't really bother me nearly as much, but I recognize that I am lucky to be in a position to be able to think that way.

But, I am shocked--shocked I tell you!---that a company is trying to get more money out of its operations.

Ngl this was kind of tough.

I knew I wouldn’t vote APs as my family is a one every other year human (tho if I had the money I’d jump on DVC) and we never utilized the dining plan as it was not helpful to us at all.

I really had to think between ME and FP (especially since I’m team standby with virtual queues mixed in is the way to go). But ultimately I’d rather pay money to have transportation to and from the airport.

Old Fast Pass system for me.
It is hard for me to buy Park tickets with no guarantee that I'll get any attractions or rides.
(This just doesn't make sense).

Wow that was some interesting commnets. Funny I had contemplated putting TiW as an option and looks like it could have gotten a couple of votes. One other comment is I should have tempered the AP choice to "if you didn't have one". Loved reading the takes here and thanks for voting!

I think you should have added merchandise delivery back to resorts. Do you remember that? That was such a nice service, I really liked it and really miss it. It almost makes me not want to buy anything because I don't want to have to lug it around with me for the rest of the day.

I know all we bought was a room but just think about all the perks we once had that have not been taken away.

Annual passes (DVC discount on annual passes)
Magical Express
TIW
Dinning Plans
Fast Pass (that didn't cost extra $)
Merchandise Delivery to your resort

I probably forgot something. I guess it's best to not dwell on all that has gone away.

From a business viewpoint , Disney looked at EVERYTHING and weight what was financially wise to continue or stop.
Disney had tons of programs that cost more than what they wanted.
The pandemic gave companies an opportunity to only start back up what was good for the bottom line.
Most of the programs that have been mentioned above , that stopped , has not slowed down purchasing.

Disney is focusing on guest experiences that are cost effective going forward.

I chose AP, but my caveat is that I'd also be fine with a hole-punch style ticket where I can buy 10 days, but get a year or X number months to use all 10 days, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter