You Ran the PHM with little Training? Are you Crazy? A 2015 PHM TR! Updated 11/23!!

Hey that's awesome that your hubby is going to try running. I've only done 5K's so far too. One day...sigh...who knows when. But the thing is...even walking a half at Disney would be loads of fun lol

You can do the half. I walked part of the half and no issues with it. Was loads of fun for sure!!! Good News is my best friend told me she wants to run races with me. Mainly local 5k's and 10ks. :) Yay! I'm always up for going to the beach to run a race!!!

Is being in the Expo like being in a candy store? Looks exciting and you must want one of everything! I love the car magnet - what a great way to show pride in your accomplishment. I imagine you would have to get to the Expo right when they open to have the best opportunity to get the swag you want.

I'm so anxious to hear all the details!

The Expo is like being a candy store! Poor Jason was overwhelmed but I kept him going. He was complaining about his feet hurting already and we hadn't even made it into the parks yet!!! I'm about to do an update now that I finally grabbed the pictures off of my camera. :yay:

Mine owned his own truck for a couple years an was an Owner Operator as well. I'm glad not to be doing that anymore though, the truck repairs, gas, and taxes had him making what he made as a company driver anyway! It was a HUGE adjustment for us all to have him come home after 18 years on the road! I was ready though!

Thankfully he's able to lease his truck and it's a 2015 truck. So thankfully we are able to be able to pocket more than we thought he would be able to. After being a company driver for almost a year it was time to start on this track. Plus of him being able to come home whenever he wants or for us to pick up and go to Disney World anytime we want...within reason that is. :earboy2:

Ok...now time for an update!!! I have finally grabbed my pictures off my camera so yay!! Another update...up next Dinner at Magic Kingdom and Play time at MK!

Dinner at The Plaza Restaurant
We left off leaving the expo and heading over to Magic Kingdom for Dinner. When we arrived over at Magic Kingdom, we parked and we walked on up to the Ticket & Transportation Center and hopped on the monorail to head on over to Magic Kingdom! Yeah we could have hopped on the ferry but honestly it wasn't as exciting as riding the monorail as your first real ride at Disney World!!! Once over at MK, I headed on over to bag check and had my purse checked out. Nothing too exciting there because all that was in there was my epi-pen and some benadryl. Haha. Gotta love having food allergies at times! We noticed that it was around 5:30pm so we just went into several shops especially the one where the Pandora Bracelets were. Jason was acting like he was going to get me one but then we walked out of the store empty handed. Oh well, no worries right!

Soon it was around 6:15-ish so we headed on over to The Plaza Restaurant to see if we could get seats before our ADR at 6:35pm. Before we got there I had to snap a quick shot of the Castle at Dusk!!! So pretty!!!

16666892842_c2ba9690d8_z_d.jpg

We then headed on over to The Plaza Restaurant and checked in. They made it known that we were early and there was no guarantee that they could get us in beforehand. By this time we were around 15 minutes early. We were handed a pager and told to go have a seat outside and we would be ready when the pager came started to buzz. I really wanted to come back with a smart butted answer to the girl but I bit my tongue and walked off with the pager. We got to people watch for a few minutes before not too much time had gone by of when the pager went off. I want to say about 5-10 minutes. People watching is always fun at Disney World! It's so funny to see what people are wearing or what they are saying. I do happen to do this while at Walmart too...I may add to the fun too at times!!! :rolleyes1

We handed over our pager and made our way inside. We were seated towards the back where all the windows are and the emergency door is. Great seat to watch the sun setting and to take random pictures of the castle..like this one.​

16481747629_81a317009c_z_d.jpg

So we got the menu and ordered our drinks. I ordered a Coke & Water (bad idea with the water..it tasted horrible!) & Jason had a Coke!​

16802471142_ed2c50656e_z_d.jpg

Menu shots!

16616198410_107ed46a9c_z_d.jpg

16802484562_3dc9f68253_z_d.jpg

16802481002_94b4f73c7b_z_d.jpg

16596289417_8771b2c037_z_d.jpg

When our waitress came back to take our order I ordered the Grilled Ruben and Jason ordered the Angus Chuck Cheeseburger. We patiently waited for our food and soon it had come up. The issue we had with our waitress is she would disappear for a good long while before ever bringing back our refills on our soft drinks. Ugh. I hate when this happens too! Irritates me and sometimes they will know because I will tell them.

16615986658_f2c82a6563_z_d.jpg

16615989868_a3f9aeef19_z_d.jpg

My Ruben was amazing and when we come back in September with the family and our best friends we WILL be eating here again! Jason said that his burger was amazing too and he would definitely order it again! He said that my sandwich looked better though...I'm guessing it was the 'kraut! Next up we had dessert and we ordered something different so we could sample each others! I ordered the Banana Split and Jason ordered the Brownie Sundae. They both were huge and neither of us could finish either one! I felt kind of bad for wasting food but honestly I ate my entire sandwich and fries and I was stuffed by the time I took my 5th bite of the dessert. We asked for our check and left a tip. I really wanted to leave her a tip on how to not disappear and to bring back refills when you said you would bring them back. Instead I had to ask the manager for a refill because she never brought one to be and it had been a good 20 minutes. I was thirsting to death people!​

16045594734_ea93feb766_z_d.jpg

16802456982_5cc6778ee9_z_d.jpg

Total cost for the meal was $52.66 and we left her a $6 tip. I would have left her more if she was more efficient in bringing me my refills in a timely manner! We thankfully didn't have to pay the $52.66 because we had the dining plan so we just left the tip for her on the magic bands instead.​

16481737219_56ffaccffd_z_d.jpg

Up next is Magic Kingdom time...Let's ride some rides people!!!​

Magic Kingdom Time...Let's Ride Some Rides People!!!
After dinner we left the restaurant and we headed straight towards Space Mountain! I mean it's Friday night and we don't have Olivia this weekend! What else were we going to do but ride the rides we wanted to without having to worry about having to wait for a long time! This may have been our longest wait time the entire weekend actually as far as rides went. We ended up waiting a good 30-40 minutes for the ride in the standby time and we were super excited about riding it. The line didn't seem that long, not compared to coming in the summer or even when we came last year in September. Soon it was time for us to get in and ride and we wanted to pose for the camera when riding the ride. I was in the very front and it was very different compared to putting Olivia up there. I have to say though, this year I was able to get in and out of the rides a lot easier and many of my photos on the rides looked a lot better too. Wow, this weight loss thing is going great!

16806195175_c834132c98_z_d.jpg

After Space Mountain was done, we headed on over to ride Mine Train and noticed the line was moving quite smoothly and even though they said that the wait time was a good 40 minutes we waited. Um...so this wait time was only 20 minutes. Liars Liars Pants on Fire when it came to the time! 20 minute wait on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride? This was much better compared to the 180 minute wait time we were seeing back in September! I'll take it! We even went through the interactive standby area and it was awesome! Very fun to interact with!!!

16617418239_681964824d_z_d.jpg

16802424551_15d8392c30_z_d.jpg

16802436792_0991239672_z_d.jpg

16780337256_cbcc7d2517_o_d.png

After 7DMT we looked to see what time it was and it was getting close to Wishes so we found a spot over in Fantasyland over by Mickey's Philarmagic and behind the castle and once it started...wow! I think I honestly like sitting in front of the castle though just to be able to take the pictures on my camera! But I started of course to get teary eyed as usual while watching Wishes. There were some people who were rude and finally they ended up leaving halfway through the fireworks because they were complaining the noise was too loud. People it's like 30 something degrees outside and you have two newborns out here without any coats on and you're complaining about the noise level. Seriously? :confused:

16609838875_f294b176cc_z_d.jpg

16424021389_2c0637fb43_z_d.jpg

16583857396_aaf4417b78_z_d.jpg

16402532717_10dc311abd_z_d.jpg

After Wishes was up, we headed on over to ride The Haunted Mansion. We just walked onto that ride, no wait time at all! Awesome!

16601740155_0904c79ea2_z_d.jpg

we headed on over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and stood in line for less than 10 minutes. Score! We could have rode it again but both of us were getting tired and we had been up since 3am so needless to say we started to make our way back to the room. But we did happen to make a pit stop off to Pirates of the Caribbean and ride it. It was a walk on status here! Even better! We didn't ride anything else and just headed back to the truck by this point. Once we made our way back to the monorail where again, no waiting here and headed back to the Ticket and Transportation Center to head to the car. We decided to take a tram back to the car and we had to remember where we parked. We honestly were in the last lot of the villains lot this night! But when we got to the tram area to load up we were surprised at the amount of people or lack of which was so nice. Both Jason and I commented on how nice it was to come during this time for sure!!!

16600563411_276393410d_z_d.jpg

When we got back to the truck we headed on back to POR and headed on up to the room. We honestly didn't even get our mugs from the resort yet because we both wanted to go to bed. We were exhausted!

Up Next...Pictures of the Room

Joining in! Running the PHM is on my bucket list. My hubby and I have been going back and forth on taking the plunge and do the marathon. I'm not great at running and we both have to get training and such. So, maybe in the near future.

Have never eaten at the plaza but it looks pretty good. Can't wait to hear more.

The Plaza's food was awesome! Definitely a keeper for us!

Joining in! Running the PHM is on my bucket list. My hubby and I have been going back and forth on taking the plunge and do the marathon. I'm not great at running and we both have to get training and such. So, maybe in the near future.

Thanks for joining in and Welcome!!! I keep talking to my hubby about me running the Dopey Challenge next year in 2016 and while I keep talking about it, I'm still really scared about doing it. I will in the meantime continue my training for the Wine & Dine and for more races this year and see if it's something I want to even tango with this year or wait until 2017!

Joining in! I was there for Princess Half too!
Sounds like a nice night at Magic Kingdom with short lines!

Joining in. Congrats on finishing your first half marathon. I ran this year as well. It's my second 1/2, but my first was over 15 years ago and I was a lot younger then. It was a great experience.

Looking forward to reading more.

Joining in! I was there for Princess Half too!
Sounds like a nice night at Magic Kingdom with short lines!

Welcome! Glad you are here to join in the fun!

Joining in. Congrats on finishing your first half marathon. I ran this year as well. It's my second 1/2, but my first was over 15 years ago and I was a lot younger then. It was a great experience.

Looking forward to reading more.

Wasn't it fun? I am looking forward to running next year's too!

Following along... can't wait to hear about your race experience!

I'm taking a break from my school work so I can come do a quick update. :) Thanks for following along Drdisneygirl!

Pictures of the Royal Guest Room
Time for a little update while I'm taking a break from doing my Business Law homework and Macroeconomics homework. :)

We booked a Royal Guest Room at Port Orleans Riverside and had a Garden View. I have to say I was very impressed with the room decor and thought to myself, Olivia would love this room!!! I loved the room. When we first got to the room, I didn't take any pictures but when we came back to the room that night I took some.

16615942728_a25ff8336c_z_d.jpg

16615932658_65dc98acd7_z_d.jpg

16181161584_a775a2104d_z_d.jpg

16596209167_9eedc7d996_z_d.jpg

16617360519_5d411d973d_z_d.jpg

16181135044_81680c9acc_z_d.jpg

16183827764_fd55911654_z_d.jpg

16063064473_1805e616b7_z_d.jpg

We didn't find the room to be too far from the main hub and it was a quick walk on over to the main building!

Up Next...Breakfast at Boma!

Breakfast at Boma
The next morning on Saturday, February 21st we got up in good time to get ready to head to our ADR's for breakfast. On this trip we wanted to try a few places we had never eaten at before to see if we wanted to eat there when we go in September with our good friends. So we decided to try Boma for breakfast over at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House. Our ADR was for 8:55am and we were a little scared we wouldn't make it on time. But thanks to my wonderful husband we were able to make it there just in time. We soon found a parking place in the lot and walked on into Jambo House! It was just as pretty as I have seen in pictures and a lot different looking than Kidani Village, where we stayed for 2 nights in June 2013. We headed on downstairs and checked in for breakfast.

15979575604_7f67efa862_z_d.jpg

We would soon be seated and we were handed a pager again. But of course I said to Jason "But first let me take a selfie!" He just looked at me like I was crazy!!!

16415899999_5f6d905aae_z_d.jpg

Soon our pager was going off and it was time to be seated. They asked if we had ever been to Boma before and I said no. They also said "I see there is an allergy, so we will get the chef to come talk to you." This is never an issue with me because of the fact I've been dealing with food allergies since I was in 10th grade. I enjoy going to Disney and eating because the chefs come out and talk to you. So nice indeed. We were soon seated and we had a waitress who wasn't that bright. Now the ticket stated that there was a food allergy, and she wanted to argue with me that it wasn't on there. Ugh. Seriously?!!! We finally got it all straightened out and she soon had our regular OJ and our cokes out to us. Finally the chef came out and I was taken on a tour of the buffet. This was nothing new for me at all. I'm so used to it it's not funny but I will continue to put my food allergies down due to not wanting to take a trip to the ER. After the tour he asked me if I wanted anything and I asked for an Omelet. He went to the back to start cooking it and I went and sat back down with Jason. I soon was bringing my phone with me to take pictures of the buffet while getting my food. Jason just looked at me like I was crazy!

16601127642_f148fb6f30_z_d.jpg

16394395907_2960d1d53e_z_d.jpg

The grilled tomatoes were amazing! I didn't care for the Oak-Grilled Asparagus though.
16415843739_f2088a014b_z_d.jpg

16394393547_175cf37444_z_d.jpg
15981910443_42969b9900_z_d.jpg

I tried the Pap and it was so good! Glad I tried it because I loved it.
Next up I just took some pictures to show you what I saw on the buffet.
16601058602_38d540d03c_z_d.jpg

15981896833_f899e7457e_z_d.jpg

16600488611_1ebfe39fd1_z_d.jpg

16394373797_ac175bdfd4_z_d.jpg

16415823289_cb8a922073_z_d.jpg

16414640700_309ffbff93_z_d.jpg

Soon we were back at our table where we looked at what all we had put on our plate. Mine looked like this:

16575692976_a43b7a081e_z_d.jpg

And my omelet (it was huge):
15981890453_fe9cb233f7_z_d.jpg

And I even went up for seconds and so did Jason. We soon were eating dessert...I got the Boma Banana Bread! Yum!

16414464418_4de6e19e24_z_d.jpg

After we at our breakfast and we were ready to go...we asked for our check and we had told her when we arrived that we had a dining plan. She looked at us like we were plum crazy! The couple next to us looked at her with the same confused face like we were all stupid. We soon entered our information and we paid her cash for the tip. We left her $5 for the tip and we went on off to Animal Kingdom for the morning! We would eat here again and we are planning on it for September!

16708996049_bc26585b73_z_d.jpg

Up next...Animal Kingdom!

We ate at Boma for marathon weekend in January and loved it. That does suck that the waitress tried to argue with you. I loved the food at Boma and would definitely go back again.

Also your royal room looks really nice. My family is a family of five so we can't stay in one.

Your Boma breakfast looks so yummy. I can't wait to eat there when we stay at AKL next trip. And your Royal Room looks so lovely!!

Joining in! PHM was my first rundisney weekend and I can't wait to hear your story about it!

Is there anybody who doesn't like the song Jealous?! I mean come on its just so catchy...and great for singing along to in the car :rotfl2:

Razz is my favorite Clif Shot flavor!! I didn't know they had margarita blocks though, I will def have to try those!

I love that picture of the castle through the Plaza window-it frames it perfectly. Yum those ice cream sundaes-I'm drooling!

Sounds like you had a great night at the MK with no lines. I love all the little movie touches like Aladdins lamp in the princess room, so cool. Glad to hear you didn't have a far walk, I've always heard that's one of the negative things about POR (the size).

Boma looks delicious and now I really want a simba waffle, haha.

Can't wait to hear about the race!

We ate at Boma for marathon weekend in January and loved it. That does suck that the waitress tried to argue with you. I loved the food at Boma and would definitely go back again.

Also your royal room looks really nice. My family is a family of five so we can't stay in one.

I have to say that if we ever have any more kids which is most likely going to happen we will not be able to stay in these rooms again so the room was perfect for a weekend without Olivia. Boma was perfect other than the waitress! lol

Your Boma breakfast looks so yummy. I can't wait to eat there when we stay at AKL next trip. And your Royal Room looks so lovely!!

AKL is so nice to stay at! We stay at AKV back in June 2013 for two nights and it was amazing! If we decide to stay at AKL again we want to stay club level and a savannah view (even though Olivia may never leave the room!). Boma was amazing and we can't wait to return again in September!

Joining in! PHM was my first rundisney weekend and I can't wait to hear your story about it!

Is there anybody who doesn't like the song Jealous?! I mean come on its just so catchy...and great for singing along to in the car :rotfl2:

Razz is my favorite Clif Shot flavor!! I didn't know they had margarita blocks though, I will def have to try those!

I love that picture of the castle through the Plaza window-it frames it perfectly. Yum those ice cream sundaes-I'm drooling!

Sounds like you had a great night at the MK with no lines. I love all the little movie touches like Aladdins lamp in the princess room, so cool. Glad to hear you didn't have a far walk, I've always heard that's one of the negative things about POR (the size).

Boma looks delicious and now I really want a simba waffle, haha.

Can't wait to hear about the race!

Glad you are joining in and welcome! How much fun was this weekend for the PHM? I thought that there is no way I could have this much fun...but I was so wrong! Next year we are planning on bring our daughter with us so that she can hopefully run in the 10k with me. And the Simba waffle was awesome! I had to get one just for Olivia because she loves animals and loves Simba!

Honestly the size of the resort wasn't bad at all. We have always stayed at either Pop or at Coronado Springs and honestly I felt this resort was so much more relaxed and a lot more greenery than the others. Plus I liked the amount of shade it has. CSR doesn't have that much shade and honestly I feel that the walk to the pool was too long!!! We ended up driving over to the pool on those days and nights.

Stay tuned everyone, I have another post coming..just have to complete my law class homework first and I may go ahead to bed. But I will be updating in the next few days!

Hi, Charlotte! I just stumbled across your report and am loving it so far! I love reading runDisney reports! I'm especially excited to hear how the race went!

Love your room!

Wow, what was with that server at Boma? This is one of my worries when I'm on my trip in a couple months. I have food allergies also. This is my first time vacationing at WDW with my food allergies. Not my first WDW trip, just first time with food allergies. I noted my food allergy for all of my ADR's, but wonder if I might have issues like you did with servers?? I'm bringing chef allergy alert cards with me also as my food allergy list is quite long, lol. Any advice you can pass along would be wonderful! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter