You Ran the PHM with little Training? Are you Crazy? A 2015 PHM TR! Updated 11/23!!

Loving your TR so far. BOMA looks awesome. Yet another place on my list to try. Also your room looks so pretty and comfortable.

Love the room! We are at Boma too....I love the Pap! Sorry about the waitress, ours was not great either! My favorite was the french toast bread pudding! The simba waffles were so cute I had to take one just to take a picture!

Hi, Charlotte! I just stumbled across your report and am loving it so far! I love reading runDisney reports! I'm especially excited to hear how the race went!

Glad you are here joining us! I'm slowly making my way to the race post. :) Stay tuned!

Love your room!

Wow, what was with that server at Boma? This is one of my worries when I'm on my trip in a couple months. I have food allergies also. This is my first time vacationing at WDW with my food allergies. Not my first WDW trip, just first time with food allergies. I noted my food allergy for all of my ADR's, but wonder if I might have issues like you did with servers?? I'm bringing chef allergy alert cards with me also as my food allergy list is quite long, lol. Any advice you can pass along would be wonderful! :)

No worries about the food allergies tinkerjlee. Disney is awesome about taking care of you with food allergies. I have been to very few places within Disney that have given me grief about my allergies but this server was just who knows? Maybe she was just not wanting to go get the chef? Who knows? I always alert the restaurant when I check in just to make sure they have the allergy listed on there. My food allergies seem to be odd because I am allergic to alot of the tropical fruits like kiwi, mangos, passion fruit, and we are thinking now pineapples after my reaction to the famous dole whip back in September! :eek: Plus I'm allergic to pecan's and Sausage. :( And in the process of finding out if I have a gluten intolerance or celiacs disease now (which when younger I couldn't have gluten because of the mess it put my stomach in. I just found that out last night from my mom. Thanks! That would have been nice to know!) But you should be fine. Make sure to carry plenty of benadryl with you and if you have Epi-Pen's to bring them along with you. I normally carry a bottle of benadryl in my purse and my husband has a bottle with him in the backpack. And I have an extra set of epi's in the car if I need them when in the parks. It really helps when on vacation. I've never had to use the epi's while on vacation but benadryl yes!

Loving your TR so far. BOMA looks awesome. Yet another place on my list to try. Also your room looks so pretty and comfortable.

This was our first time trying Boma and it was definitely a keeper for us! The room was a nice place to go back and relax after the parks and the race.

Love the room! We are at Boma too....I love the Pap! Sorry about the waitress, ours was not great either! My favorite was the french toast bread pudding! The simba waffles were so cute I had to take one just to take a picture!

Maybe it was the weekend or something about the waitresses at Boma. Who knows? I didn't try the french toast bread or the praline sauce but my husband did and he said it was amazing! And the simba waffle had to get because my daughter, Olivia loves simba and The Lion King and well, I had to send her a picture of it since she was at home sick!

Finally I'm going to be able to update now since I'm taking a break on my macroeconomics homework. :)

Animal Kingdom
After breakfast at Boma we went on out to check out the pool at AKL for my mom because she wanted to see what it looked like. Of course we fell in love with it and now we must stay there next time we go down with mom and have Olivia with us as well!

16488535359_edfd76fbed_z_d.jpg

After getting the pictures and texting them to mom, we headed to the car and headed on over to Animal Kingdom for the morning! Yay! I was so excited about this too! We soon got there and we soon saw this.

16674727845_bf0cea434a_z_d.jpg

We parked and we then thought about waiting for a tram like the others were, but I told Jason it would be quicker to just walk to the front of the park. We were right because just as we got to the front gates of AK, the tram was just picking up the group of people who were waiting for the tram when we got there. We got our exercise too at that! We soon made our way to baggage check where I swear I got into the line where the people were going to pull out so many bags out of who knows where because it was so slow. I finally made it through the line and Jason was asking what the hold up was. Apparently the people in front of me had some items they weren't allowed to bring in and they wanted to argue with the gaurds over it. Haha. I just shook my head and continued on my way. They were trying to bring in glass beer bottles!

We soon just walked slowly and took our time because we did have Fastpasses for Kilimanjaro Safaris at 12pm so we decided to head on over to Everest and see what the wait time was. The wait time was showing a 20 minute wait but looking at the line there was NO way it was that time!!! We believed it was more like a 60 minute wait time. So because it was just the two of us we headed into the single rider line and checked that out. We waited for around 10 minutes and I soon was boarding the train. Yay! I was so excited! I was super excited when I got on and I could actually put the bar down farther than I could last year so this was making my day even better! Here goes! Jason was on the train behind mine. I always love looking at his pictures because as my best friend calls it...the many faces of Jason on rides! She loves looking at his pictures!

16959447531_7e77641d12_o_d.png

16772703798_04759bf40f_o_d.png

After we got off Everest we looked at the time and headed on over to Kilimanjaro Safaris for our Fastpasses. It was so funny because even though the wait time was only 30 minute wait, we were walking up to the front and it was so nice too. I think that was the quickest time we even went through the fastpass line too. I think I like going during this time of the year! Haha. Here are a few shots I got using my Canon DSLR while on the Safaris.

16774474839_27c830d303_z_d.jpg

16338303704_35626e5a2e_z_d.jpg

16773164280_41c71b1d00_z_d.jpg

16340534733_6a122d2ac8_z_d.jpg

16772931618_65c72526bf_z_d.jpg

16960617185_ca113f0d76_z_d.jpg

After the safari was over, we both looked at each other and we decided that we were done with the rest of the park. We normally go and ride more rides and we didn't want to go do The Festival of Lion King without Olivia so we just made our way to the exit. We just walked into a few shops on the way out and didn't buy anything but we still had a good time looking. We decided that instead of grabbing the tram again to just walk back to the car again. It wasn't that big of a deal and we could do it in no time! On our way back we happened to look down and we were in the Peacock section and well I had to snap a picture of it and I texted it on over to my best friend. I have a peacock song and dance that I break out in at random times and I will do it in public too such as Micheal's and Hobby Lobby and even the mall.

16673726322_15c4d30002_z_d.jpg

We found the car and we decided to head on over to Epcot.

Up Next...Epcot!

Hi! I just foun your trip report. Loving it so far. I look forward to hearing about the PHM. I am starting my weighloss journey and would love to start running and possibly do thePHM.

I'm all caught up. Loving your TR. It looks like you had a ton of fun before the race. I didn't get there until Friday night (late) and Saturday was spent picking up my race packet and going to the Expo. I didn't even get into a park until the race was over.

Love your room. It's so pretty.

Love your pictures. I also have a Canon and I love it. However, I would really like to have the $ to upgrade to a better DSLR with a higher ISO. Mine only goes to 1600.

Breakfast at Boma is always amazing. One of my favorites.

Yay for single rider line on EE.

It is hard to visit a Disney park when you know your kids can't be there with you. Mine are grown now so its not much of an issue.

Yes - the PHM was fun. It was a great experience. I have my room booked for next year (well, at least 4 nights anyway). This time I plan to arrive on Weds!

No worries about the food allergies tinkerjlee. Disney is awesome about taking care of you with food allergies. I have been to very few places within Disney that have given me grief about my allergies but this server was just who knows? Maybe she was just not wanting to go get the chef? Who knows? I always alert the restaurant when I check in just to make sure they have the allergy listed on there. My food allergies seem to be odd because I am allergic to alot of the tropical fruits like kiwi, mangos, passion fruit, and we are thinking now pineapples after my reaction to the famous dole whip back in September! :eek: Plus I'm allergic to pecan's and Sausage. :( And in the process of finding out if I have a gluten intolerance or celiacs disease now (which when younger I couldn't have gluten because of the mess it put my stomach in. I just found that out last night from my mom. Thanks! That would have been nice to know!) But you should be fine. Make sure to carry plenty of benadryl with you and if you have Epi-Pen's to bring them along with you. I normally carry a bottle of benadryl in my purse and my husband has a bottle with him in the backpack. And I have an extra set of epi's in the car if I need them when in the parks. It really helps when on vacation. I've never had to use the epi's while on vacation but benadryl yes!

Your response caught my eye! You mentioned how "odd your allergies are." It sounds to me like you are experiencing what I've been going through for many years now trying to figure out and understand the "odd allergies." I have very bad seasonal allergies (the usual, trees, grass, ragweed, weeds, mold) and found that it was carrying over to what I was eating. I'm allergic to all tree fruits, except for grapes, pineapples, lemons and limes. I'm also allergic to sunflower/sunflower oil (sunflower is a major allergen that can be found in vegetable oils and is used in a lot of fried foods, especially fast food restaurants, and even in foods like potato chips, cheetos, doritos, etc.) celery, carrots, peppers, pistachios, most spices, herbs and artificial sweeteners. It has something to do with the make up or properties of the fruit or vegetable as it has the same make up or properties as to what I'm environmentally allergic to. So if I consume that fruit, vegetable or herb, I end up sick and with a bad reaction. It's taken me many years (decades now) to figure out what was going on with me. And the allergy doctors were absolutely no help. I had to figure out on my own what was making me have an allergic reaction. I don't leave home without Benadryl as I never know if a reaction is going to strike. And of course having to read every ingredient on labels, not fun.

You mentioned gluten/wheat that you might be allergic to. I found out that "certain" oats were causing an allergic reaction to me, again the same make up or properties as my environmental allergies. I'm ok with wheat, but oats, whole grain oats like in Cheerios and even granola/granola bars were making me sick as consuming the fruits & veggies I'm allergic to. I just want to give you a heads up as I too thought I might have an allergy to gluten/wheat, but I never had a problem with gluten or wheat when I was younger. That's not to say that one can't develop an allergy later in life. I did the elimination thing in my diet to help pinpoint reactions. Wheat, wheat flour=no reaction. Whole grain oats=bad reaction.

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it! And I hope that you figure out what's making you sick. It's not always easy to figure out the trigger item(s).

*smh* at the people trying to bring in GLASS BEER BOTTLES :sad2:

Great safari pictures!!! :)

Last edited:
Hi! I just foun your trip report. Loving it so far. I look forward to hearing about the PHM. I am starting my weighloss journey and would love to start running and possibly do thePHM.

You should do the PHM! You will love it! I plan on signing up for doing the Glass Slipper Challenge for 2016 and to run the 5k with my daughter! Good luck on your weight loss journey! You will do great on it!

Glass beer bottles? seriously, people? :sad2:

Your pics from the safari came out great!

They were people who were not from our country obviously! They even had a cooler that had wheels on it. I sat there shaking my head! That wasn't the first incident that weekend either! The other one was even funnier to me and I was literally laughing over that one!!! And thanks on the safari pictures. Normally they come out crummy but I think because I didn't have my 10 year old tapping my arm saying look at this and look at that helped out a lot! :hyper2:

I'm all caught up. Loving your TR. It looks like you had a ton of fun before the race. I didn't get there until Friday night (late) and Saturday was spent picking up my race packet and going to the Expo. I didn't even get into a park until the race was over.

Love your room. It's so pretty.

Love your pictures. I also have a Canon and I love it. However, I would really like to have the $ to upgrade to a better DSLR with a higher ISO. Mine only goes to 1600.

Breakfast at Boma is always amazing. One of my favorites.

Yay for single rider line on EE.

It is hard to visit a Disney park when you know your kids can't be there with you. Mine are grown now so its not much of an issue.

Yes - the PHM was fun. It was a great experience. I have my room booked for next year (well, at least 4 nights anyway). This time I plan to arrive on Weds!

The room was perfect for our trip. We loved it and when we go back with just our daughter and not with anyone else we would like for her to experience the room too. But when we go in September we are traveling with our Best Friends and so we won't have the opportunity to try the rooms out with them. Bummer too! I wish I could upgrade my camera to a Canon 5d Mark III but so far hubby isn't going for it. I have right now a Canon XS but I only shoot in Raw. That way I can do all the editing that I need to do on my own!

When I go for next year I plan on arriving on Wednesday as well, but I believe my hubby and daughter will fly down on Thursday night. Darn..a day in the park without them? What will I ever do? :mickeybar

Your response caught my eye! You mentioned how "odd your allergies are." It sounds to me like you are experiencing what I've been going through for many years now trying to figure out and understand the "odd allergies." I have very bad seasonal allergies (the usual, trees, grass, ragweed, weeds, mold) and found that it was carrying over to what I was eating. I'm allergic to all tree fruits, except for grapes, pineapples, lemons and limes. I'm also allergic to sunflower/sunflower oil (sunflower is a major allergen that can be found in vegetable oils and is used in a lot of fried foods, especially fast food restaurants, and even in foods like potato chips, cheetos, doritos, etc.) celery, carrots, peppers, pistachios, most spices, herbs and artificial sweeteners. It has something to do with the make up or properties of the fruit or vegetable as it has the same make up or properties as to what I'm environmentally allergic to. So if I consume that fruit, vegetable or herb, I end up sick and with a bad reaction. It's taken me many years (decades now) to figure out what was going on with me. And the allergy doctors were absolutely no help. I had to figure out on my own what was making me have an allergic reaction. I don't leave home without Benadryl as I never know if a reaction is going to strike. And of course having to read every ingredient on labels, not fun.

You mentioned gluten/wheat that you might be allergic to. I found out that "certain" oats were causing an allergic reaction to me, again the same make up or properties as my environmental allergies. I'm ok with wheat, but oats, whole grain oats like in Cheerios and even granola/granola bars were making me sick as consuming the fruits & veggies I'm allergic to. I just want to give you a heads up as I too thought I might have an allergy to gluten/wheat, but I never had a problem with gluten or wheat when I was younger. That's not to say that one can't develop an allergy later in life. I did the elimination thing in my diet to help pinpoint reactions. Wheat, wheat flour=no reaction. Whole grain oats=bad reaction.

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it! And I hope that you figure out what's making you sick. It's not always easy to figure out the trigger item(s).

*smh* at the people trying to bring in GLASS BEER BOTTLES :sad2:

Great safari pictures!!! :)

Thanks! Yeah having strange allergies can be hard. I actually pulled out my paperwork for my last allergy testing and it says that I am allergic to wheat. And I just found out from my mom that when I was younger that I was not allowed to eat bread or wheat because of the issues it caused my stomach and intestines. Well...guess this might answer my questions that I have been wanting to know for years!!! I go to the doctor on Monday thankfully!

Yeah I love people who attempt to bring in glass anything when they aren't supposed to! And even better it was in a rolling cheetah print cooler! It was ugly as all get out too! Kind of looked more like one of those shopping cart things you would find in NYC or at Khols or somewhere like that. Classic! When we go in September, I will bring a small lunchbox that is insulated with water bottles but that's it. lol. Not a rolling cooler! The nerve of some people!

I feel like I have been away from my trip report for so long now. Things in school have gotten crazy busy and I have been taking my daughter to a lot of different appointments as well. But all is good so look for another update soon. If not tonight then this weekend!

Some people just don't know how to sneak things in lol. No but seriously glass beer bottles people use your head. Everest is always fun. Your safari photos are great as well.

Gah...I feel like I have neglected this trip report but school this semester has been very difficult for me. I was taking this past 8 weeks Business Law and MacroEconomics. Thankfully I believe I have passed both..fingers crossed at least. I need to have to be able to bring my GPA up to say the least!!! But my new class Microeconomics begins tomorrow and that is all I'm taking for the first 8 weeks of summer. Thank goodness! I needed a small break from all my hard classes before the fall semester breaks out!

So hopefully I will be able to update more now that my two hard classes are out of the way!

Hi Charlotte. Sadly, more times than not we call it a day after a few hours at AK park as well. Once you've ridden EE and traversed the safari, it's been a good day!

I love, love, love Boma - especially the omelet station. I'm a foodie photographer so I completely get taking photos of the buffet - and I thank you for sharing. Anyone that is in trip planning mode for Disney can appreciate photos of all the great options. ;)

BTW, loved the photo of the castle through the door at Plaza Restaurant.

Hi Charlotte. Sadly, more times than not we call it a day after a few hours at AK park as well. Once you've ridden EE and traversed the safari, it's been a good day!

I love, love, love Boma - especially the omelet station. I'm a foodie photographer so I completely get taking photos of the buffet - and I thank you for sharing. Anyone that is in trip planning mode for Disney can appreciate photos of all the great options. ;)

BTW, loved the photo of the castle through the door at Plaza Restaurant.
Thanks Brenda! We fell in love with Boma and wish we had eaten there this past trip but things had to be replaced due to traveling with friends and they didn't want to eat there. :( I was so sad!!!

I am officially back to being able to write on here. Let's see if I can remember a lot of things! lol

Epcot
After we left Animal Kingdom, we headed over to Epcot to have a little fun for a while before it was time for me to head back to the resort to grab a bite to eat and head to bed.

We made it over to Epcot and walked to the Entrance. We were sure happy that we got the park hopper tickets so that we could park hop like this. We really got to have a good time and look around for a while because there were numerous things we wanted to do without Olivia. :) We took a few pictures and then headed over to Soarin' and rode that. We also got to ride Mission Space which Olivia refuses to ride anymore. How fun that was. We actually ate lunch at Sunshine Seasons in The Land and enjoyed our amazing lunch! I had a Turkey & Monteray Jack Sandwich with Mayo and Potato Salad. I wasn't impressed with the potato salad but the sandwich was really good and I could only finish half of the sandwich. Jason had mongolian beef and said it was so good. Both of us got Strawberry Shortcakes for dessert and we both finished those off! I took the other half of my sandwich back to the room.

16780254696_1572c20880_z_d.jpg

16806111205_650ace73e7_z_d.jpg

16805024821_3064e532a3_z_d.jpg

After lunch we rode Test Track twice by going through the single riders line and we had a blast! Soon it was time for me to head back to the room to freshen up and to go eat dinner at the resort. For dinner I had a pasta dish from "Create Your Own Pasta" and it was so yum! I wanted to do the carb loading so that I would be ready for the race in the morning. Jason too got the same thing and he was really full too! I thought I was going to bust after eating dinner!
16682773751_f671ce2b5d_z_d.jpg

16658177556_428dac03b7_z_d.jpg

I did happen to get a runners breakfast bag for breakfast and was so glad that I did. I paid a total of $9 for the bag I believe but it was completely worth it to me!!

16684115245_d260a6d7ae_z_d.jpg

I ended up finishing up and heading over to the room and getting my outfit and things ready for the morning! I took my shower that night before heading to bed just in case I didn't wake up in time to take one! Best decision ever! I had my phone all ready to be charged up and my alarm set to 3:00am! Ready or not for this race...I was going to race it!

16806129525_e2da906784_z_d.jpg

Up Next...Race Day Part 1!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter