You Tube POV Rip Ride Rockit Video

looks very similar to fahrenheit at hersheypark, though it seems to be a longer ride... we waited well over an hour for that in august and were somewhat disappointed. that said, though i don't think it will be, i do hope that rrr is open by easter as that's when we'll be there.

Seriosaly doubt Easter.More in the lines of Memorial Day weekend I'm thinking..

looks very similar to fahrenheit at hersheypark, though it seems to be a longer ride... we waited well over an hour for that in august and were somewhat disappointed. that said, though i don't think it will be, i do hope that rrr is open by easter as that's when we'll be there.
How is this anything like Farenheit? Farenheit has a vertical lift and a past vertical drop. It has an over the shoulder restraint, lots of upside down manuevers and is made by a completly different manufacturer.

How is this anything like Farenheit? Farenheit has a vertical lift and a past vertical drop. It has an over the shoulder restraint, lots of upside down manuevers and is made by a completly different manufacturer.

Whoops. Someone got pwned

Holy cow! Is it really going to have that straight up lift?! :eek: I've never been on a roller coaster like that before. Arnt there going to be some "indoor" parts to the ride? Should be opened by August, right?

Holy cow! Is it really going to have that straight up lift?! :eek: I've never been on a roller coaster like that before. Arnt there going to be some "indoor" parts to the ride? Should be opened by August, right?
Not really any indoor parts...just flying through buildings and whatnot. It should be open in August.

I think it looks like Farenheit mainly because of the lift. If you can find another coaster on RCDB that looks like HR3, please share it with us.

obviously i was referring to the lift - that's what reminded me of fahrenheit. and, as i mentioned, i was utterly unimpressed with the ride at hershey, so much so that i didn't remember the exact number of twists, turns, upside down maneuvers or degree of drops on the ride. in my ever so humble opinion, it was not worth such a long wait for a relatively short ride.

thanks for attacking my post and making me feel really welcome!

btw - the words are spelled: fahrenheit, completely & maneuvers :-)

obviously i was referring to the lift - that's what reminded me of fahrenheit. and, as i mentioned, i was utterly unimpressed with the ride at hershey, so much so that i didn't remember the exact number of twists, turns, upside down maneuvers or degree of drops on the ride. in my ever so humble opinion, it was not worth such a long wait for a relatively short ride.

Like metro said stick around and don't let something like that run you off cause I have been done like that several times and just shrug it off cause there are some really cool disers here that like to post and have fun :thumbsup2

Like Metro said SHOULD.They are working on it day and night seven days a week.I still say Memorial Day Weekend!!
BTW love your siggie...:thumbsup2

Are you sure it's not Day Jah View, mac? What is this deja vu you speak of?

I am really oober-excited for this verticle lift. ;)

Are you sure it's not Day Jah View, mac? What is this deja vu you speak of?

I am really oober-excited for this verticle lift. ;)

I'm really looking forward to it too Jodie! I hope it's open by June 4!!!!! We're doing Disney for the first part of our trip, so hopefully it will be up and running and with an Express Pass line by the time we make it to Universal. We will only have 2 days at US/IOA this year, June 4-5, after that it's o-vwah to Orlando.

btw....the Universal side of the DIS does not enforce spelling. As long as you can decipher the word, the spelling of it doesn't matter....and, we usually don't bring it to attention ;)

My son, the coaster freak, said that Intamin (who made Fahrenheit) would have done a great job on Rockit. The two styles of coasters are quite similar. I'm actually really glad that Rockit doesn't have the inversions. We've got enough inversions with Hulk and Dueling Dragons.

My son, the coaster freak, said that Intamin (who made Fahrenheit) would have done a great job on Rockit. The two styles of coasters are quite similar. I'm actually really glad that Rockit doesn't have the inversions. We've got enough inversions with Hulk and Dueling Dragons.
But B & M coasters are so smoooooooooth! :thumbsup2

But B & M coasters are so smoooooooooth! :thumbsup2

I love Apollo's Chariot and Behemoth. No inversions!!! Big drops!!! Airtime!!! Woohoo!!! I agree B&M's are great. It is just going to be nice to have a big coaster without inversions in the park. It is a totally different ride experience.

I love Apollo's Chariot and Behemoth. No inversions!!! Big drops!!! Airtime!!! Woohoo!!! I agree B&M's are great. It is just going to be nice to have a big coaster without inversions in the park. It is a totally different ride experience.
I rode Apollo's Chariot back in 1999...the year it opened and the only thing I could think about was Fabio getting hit in the face by that goose. Poor baby! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter