You went to Disney? But you don't have kids.

I tell people (especially my neice and nephew) Disney isn't for children....well, at least not the way I do it. I don't think there's a kid out there that could hang with me at the parks that long. my co-workers think the same thing, every time I have a vacation scheduled they ask "...let me guess, Disney again??" sometimes I do go other places (sorority convention, weddings, scrapbooking events...) but yeah, they pretty much know if it's around my birthday, I'm spending it in WDW!
just because they have no inner child doesn't mean you should quell your desire to go...just remind them that you can drink around the world in Epcot and still get home safely!

I mentioned to a friend the other day that I was going shopping to buy my hubby new shoes for our upcoming trip. She asked where we were going and when I said DW she replied, I should have known........people who haven't been on adults only trips to DW just don't get it. My DH and I love all of the adult aspects of Disney as well as things like getting a hug from characters. There is so much to do -- so much fun to be had! Happiest place on earth!:cheer2:

I'm 25 with no children so I don't get the comments regarding not taking kids, but I've gotten some "you're too old for this" ones from older adults. When I respond that this will be my first visit, I typically get asked "why don't you go when you have children?". Not only are kids the last thing on my mind, but going for the first time while having to focus mainly on my kids' wants sounds terrible!

I am starting to think a lot of people change when they have kids. They see the world from a different perspective and become narrow minded and think those of us without kids are somehow less fortunate. Can you tell I come across these people daily?

Anyone that waits until they have kids to do something is crazy. What a terrible way to deprive yourself of life's pleasures. I hope your Disney vacation is wonderfully memorable!

I tell people (especially my neice and nephew) Disney isn't for children....well, at least not the way I do it. I don't think there's a kid out there that could hang with me at the parks that long. my co-workers think the same thing, every time I have a vacation scheduled they ask "...let me guess, Disney again??" sometimes I do go other places (sorority convention, weddings, scrapbooking events...) but yeah, they pretty much know if it's around my birthday, I'm spending it in WDW!
just because they have no inner child doesn't mean you should quell your desire to go...just remind them that you can drink around the world in Epcot and still get home safely!

:lmao: That is so true! On a day to day basis most kids could run circles around me with their energy levels but in Disney, I can rope drop to park close and still be ready to stay up talking about how fabulous our day was. Not many kids can last that long multiple days in a row.

Ok fellow adults, excuse me while I vent my annoyance with people today. I have talked to at least three people in the past week about Disney and each of them had the exact same response... "You went to Disney?? But you don't have kids?" or "Your planning a Disney trip? I didn't think you had kids"

Oh if they only knew the pleasure of experiencing Disney without little ones. I think I'll go back to talking Disney on the Dis and leave my friends out of the Disney conversations. Next time they ask me about my vacations I am just going to say, "you wouldn't understand".

Exactly. Some people just don't understand. Ok, I admit I've never traveled out of the country but I have been to lots of US vacation resorts, especially on the west coast and in FL. Those vacations were boring compared to all the experiences I had at Disney. I was planning a solo trip but my family (grown son & hubby) "caved" and said they decided to go after all to make sure I'm "safe". Yah, right, they love Disney too, lol.

I just love this thread. Our family came to Disney quite late in the game. My inlaws took us to WDW in 2008 when our two DDs were in their teens.

In my defence, I had a rather negative experience going to DL as a kid, so I just dismissed going to WDW as a hassle and as too expensive, and money was tight when the kids were small anyway.

Our first trip was truly magical. I have been hooked ever since. We quickly made up for lost time as a family with 6 more trips in five years! Then the kids went to university and our schedules did not match at all and when not studying, they were both working.

That's when DW and I took out first "couples" trip for her 50 th birthday. We are both teachers so we went during the fall break for food and wine.

In their last year of university we sent the DDs to WDW alone for their graduation present. By all accounts, they very successfully transitioned to being adults in the World very well. A month later DW and I went again on our own.

I adored everything about our family trips, but I do love going with just DW so we can slow down, relax more, still do our favourites, and enjoy the dining complete with some excellent wines we have discovered there.

After our first trip my youngest made me promise to come with her and her family some day. Seeing as she doesn't even have a boyfriend, I think I have a little time yet. :)

I just love this thread. Our family came to Disney quite late in the game. My inlaws took us to WDW in 2008 when our two DDs were in their teens.

In my defence, I had a rather negative experience going to DL as a kid, so I just dismissed going to WDW as a hassle and as too expensive, and money was tight when the kids were small anyway.

Our first trip was truly magical. I have been hooked ever since. We quickly made up for lost time as a family with 6 more trips in five years! Then the kids went to university and our schedules did not match at all and when not studying, they were both working.

That's when DW and I took out first "couples" trip for her 50 th birthday. We are both teachers so we went during the fall break for food and wine.

In their last year of university we sent the DDs to WDW alone for their graduation present. By all accounts, they very successfully transitioned to being adults in the World very well. A month later DW and I went again on our own.

I adored everything about our family trips, but I do love going with just DW so we can slow down, relax more, still do our favourites, and enjoy the dining complete with some excellent wines we have discovered there.

After our first trip my youngest made me promise to come with her and her family some day. Seeing as she doesn't even have a boyfriend, I think I have a little time yet. :)

It's never too late to get the Disney bug. I know several people that went as a child and remember loving it but they still think it's just for kids. It's nice when a family has the opportunity to go back and see how enjoyable it can be at any age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter