Young Sheldon

I watched it today. I felt they aired too much of the first episode in the previews, so it felt kinda like I had already watched it.

Kinda odd they aired the first episode and then are not airing another for 6 weeks.

I've only seen a few minutes of it and I'm intrigued... not sold, but intrigued. As a PP said, it was nice not having a laughter track.

Might I recommend something on the other end of the spectrum? Mrs. Browns Boys. The cast botch it up all of the time in front of a genuine audience and everyone just has a laugh :)

I like Mrs. Brown's Boys WAY too much.

We watched it but weren't all that impressed. It almost seems too forced to me. Also, where did the older brother come from? I don't recall Sheldon ever mentioning a brother before.

As soon as I saw 'Bernadette', I said to my husband, 'she's pregnant.' I love they are having her pregnant again so soon. :rotfl:
He has mentioned his Brother in a few episodes. Saw one in a syndicated rerun just the other night.

As someone who just watched last season's "Scandal" over the summer, I'm having a hard time with Zoe Perry as the mom. :scared:

As someone who just watched last season's "Scandal" over the summer, I'm having a hard time with Zoe Perry as the mom. :scared:
Holy Cow!! I did NOT even recognize that until you mentioned it! That was such a horrible character on Scandal, and I thought her acting was super-hammy too. But I really felt like Mary was the star of the show on YS and an excellent, believable "young version" of the character they've established on Big Bang. I actually think the casting is pretty great all-around on this new show.

Holy Cow!! I did NOT even recognize that until you mentioned it! That was such a horrible character on Scandal, and I thought her acting was super-hammy too. But I really felt like Mary was the star of the show on YS and an excellent, believable "young version" of the character they've established on Big Bang. I actually think the casting is pretty great all-around on this new show.

A lot of people don't know, but Zoe Perry is Laurie Metcalf's real-life daughter. That's why she's so good as a young Mary Cooper. I thought that was pretty cool!

A lot of people don't know, but Zoe Perry is Laurie Metcalf's real-life daughter. That's why she's so good as a young Mary Cooper. I thought that was pretty cool!

I did not know that! Thanks, that certainly explains it, she must be used to mimicking her mom! :rotfl2:

We also really liked the show. I think the siblings, especially the sister were hilarious. And the parents interactions with Sheldon were touching. Definitely looking forward to the rest of the season.

Ok. I can reply in the same vein and say that no one I know even watched it. The fact is that few spin offs last past a season.

Huh. The explains how she was able to pull it off so flawlessly!

We watched - I didn't know anything about this show until I saw a preview DURING Big Bang. I wanted to love it, it felt a little off to me. But, there were a lot of funny momenys. I will probably try and watch it a few times to see if it holds my attention.

I'd been looking forward to it since the first trailer, and was not disappointed at all! I loved the characters, and I'm only sad it won't be on again until November.

I was not overly impressed but will give it another few episodes.
Did not care for Big Bang the first few times I saw it but the writers got better and better as time went on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter