Your all time favorite Disney moment?

Very hard to pin point.... I work in NJ and live in Walt Disney World. I have raised my girls with this in mind, so for us every time we go home and we are greeted with "Welcome Home" it is our special moment....

Working to be back home in June 2007

Dawn

My favorite moment occurs every time we go to WDW. We always spend the first night at EPCOT so we can watch our FAVORITE show, Illuminations. That music, along with the incredible show, and the feeling that we are FINALLY back "home" and still at the beginning of our journey choke me up every time.

I'm also lucky to be married to another Disney-a-holic so we wipe our tears together.

Can't wait til January 4th!!

These are great to read!!! A lot of you know of our recent "Disney Magic" trip and so I thought I'd tell you of my first favorite moment at Disney with our children...
When my DD was about 5, she started asking to go to Disney. I was all for it; I couldn't wait to take the kids there. But, my husband thought it would be best that we wait until they were old enough to remember our "once in a lifetime" trip. (Little did he know that he would get bitten by the Disney bug, too!) :goodvibes
Anyway, we told them that it was very expensive to go and that we would have to save our money. So she proceeded to draw a picture of Minnie, Mickey and Pluto along with the words, "Disney World" and taped it to a jar. That became the "Disney World Jar" that we would save our money in...when it was full, we would have enough to go (oh, if it were that easy!!!)
She faithfully would add to it, along with our son and the rest of us...Well, in late 2003 (she was 8 and DS 10), my husband decided it was time...either that or I wore him down and he was tired of me asking! :rotfl:
We let the kids get all the change out and start counting...DH told them that we were $113 short from having enough. I had already counted it, and knew there was $111 in there. When they realized we were just a little short...DD ran upstairs and brought down the remaining $$$
They were so excited and we were ready to go! :thumbsup2
Our trip was booked for the end of February and we all couldn't wait to get there...
Well, we arrive and we spend our first day at the Magic Kingdom...it was pure fun! My parents were there and we just had the best day ever! It was getting to be dusk and we were walking from Tomorrowland towards Main St. It was time to stake out a spot for the fireworks. My DD and I are strolling along, holding hands, and chitchatting about our day...when all of a sudden, she stops and points to the sky. She says, "Look Mommy, even the moon smiles at Disney World!" :goodvibes
What a moment! It still gives me goosebumps! It made all the waiting and anticipating worth it! What a lovely day!!! :goodvibes

My most special moment at DL happened last November. DGD was 3 1/2 at the time. Dressed in her Minnie Mouse dress and wearing her first annual pass, it was fast becoming a very great day. The second we got off one ride, she was ready to hurry off to the next. She did not want to go to the restroom or stop for food.
Well Nana and Papa decided it was time for a rest and some food, so we sat down at the Coca Cola Refreshment Corner on Main Street. DH came back with some hot dogs and drinks and I noticed the princess: was looking uncomfortable. It was at this time she mentioned "she might have wet her pants" . Oh great, she had been completely potty trained by 2 so I did not have a change for her.
We were right across from the Baby Center. I took her in, cleaned her up and was able to get a pull-up from the attendant. Madison was so upset about having to wear a pull-up and did not want to go back out. Right at this time Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty walked in. They saw Madison upset and both came over and bent down to talk to her. They were so sweet when they heard her problem. They told her, they knew there were princesses on her pull-ups and that she would still have a great day. They joked with her and she was smiling and laughing and finally ready to go. She could barely talk, as we walked back to Papa, she was in awe of her private little meeting and just beaming!!
An hour later, while sitting along Main Street to see the Parade both Princesses saw her and waved and blew kisses. This just made the greatest day for her and me too!

Mine has to be watching my "oh so cool" 16 year old nephew when Mickey appeared at the end of Fantasmic. He shouted out "it's Mickey!" and the look on his face was magical. It was like the sweet little boy he used to be, just for a moment - that's real magic, Disney style!
:tinker:

1991: Our 3 year-old daughter, Brittany, had watched her favorite Disney movie, "Mary Poppins", only about 60-70 times when we surprised she and her older sister, Blair, by taking them to the Grand Floridian for breakfast. Wearing matching "Ariel" dresses, both girls had their big red autograph books open for the entire meal, and dutifully asked each character who passed by for their signature. However, with each picture that we took, we found the two corners of Brittany's mouth turning more southward and eyes welling with tears, because HER Mary had not yet made an appearance! Together with the waitress, we tried the usual excuses and attention-diverting tricks, but she was not to be consoled.

Unbelievably, just as we were walking through the lobbey after leaving the restaurant, Mary strolled in.... resplendant in her white and red dress and carrying her matching parisol. We looked behind us to tell our sad and little forlorn Brittany the exciting news, when all of a sudden a red blur flew by. With arms out, and legs about to do the same, she literally threw herself (like a jellyfish) onto the chest of this poor woman. The embarrassment did not end there as it took us over 45 minutes to pry Brittany off of her! Other parents and children were wanting to take pictures with her and get her autograph while Brittany had her face buried in her neck, with arms holding tight and little legs wrapped as tight as a belt around her waist! Everytime we tried to use "discipline" (through clenched teeth), Mary Poppins.....would correct us by saying how much she just loved children...which, of course, worked right into our daughter's hands!

Brittany is 18 now, and a freshman in college. On her "Facebook" profile, she still says that "Mary Poppins" is her favorite movie of all time, can quote most every line and dreams of jumping in to her very own chalk pavement picture. As her parents, we believe that in the lobbey of the Grand Floridian in 1991, she did just that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter