Your DVC grocery list?

cdnjason

DIS Veteran
Sorry, if this has already been discussed. I searched and didn't find a similar topic.

Anyway, I'm curious. What is your grocery list for your WDW vacation? We've never ordered groceries for our stay. Considering ordering from Garden Grocers for our upcoming trip in June. Wondering what groceries other folks order.

Thanks.

Not sure our typical order WholeFoods Market order is of any use now that WholeFoods no longer delivers, but you are welcome to it. The following is a direct copy/paste from an order where there were only 2 adults; 8 nights. We had a 1BR unit (full kitchen) with our juicer in our Owner's Locker. We've reused this same basic list with a few variations depending on additional guests traveling with us and their desires.

ORGANIC Vegetables:
* Green Cabbage, 1 large head
* Red Cabbage, 1 large head
* Romaine lettuce, 1 head
* Dandelion Greens, 1 bunch
* Cucumber, 5
* Parsley, 1 bunch

ORGANIC Fruits:
* 8 GrannySmith apples
* Banana, 1 bunch (6-8 fruit +/-)
* Lemon, 3
* Lime, 3

ORGANIC Roots/Rhizomes :
* 0.5 lb ginger
* 0.25 lb turmeric
* Carrots, 10 lbs, please use "largest available" (purpose is juicing)
* Golden beets, 3 large with greens
* Red beets, 1 bunch (3-5 medium) with greens

BULK
* 1/2 lb dried mango

Other:
* Coconut Water: Harmless Harvest 100% Raw Coconut Water, 6 pack of 8oz container
* Suja Elements: 5 bottles of "King of Greens"; 3 bottles of "24 Karat"
* Cheese: 1/4 lb of 'Le Gruyere Reserve' or similar; 1/4 lb Cheddar (pick one? something low-to-mid range?)
* Hummus: 16oz tub of roasted red pepper hummus, organic
* Chips: Late July "SubLime" (flavor), multi-grain organic snack chips, 24oz bag (or smaller)

Last edited:
Sorry, if this has already been discussed. I searched and didn't find a similar topic.

Anyway, I'm curious. What is your grocery list for your WDW vacation? We've never ordered groceries for our stay. Considering ordering from Garden Grocers for our upcoming trip in June. Wondering what groceries other folks order.

Thanks.
I wish my order looked like the previous poster as theirs is much healthier! I travel with my kids who are now teenagers. I get a couple of cases of bottled water so we can each take a couple into the parks and just have on hand. I then get breakfast foods as we eat breakfast in the room every day and I also get snack things that are quick and easy for my kids to grab. Generally, it is a variation of the following:

diet coke
string cheese
yogurt
muffins
peanut butter
English muffins
bagels
cream cheese
bananas
apples
pretzels
goldfish crackers
trail mix
granola bars/protein bars
laundry soap
gallon Ziploc bags

We don't go to the grocery store because we drive and pack everything in with us. But some of the things that we make sure to pack:

good tea bags
cream
sugar
muffins/quick bread
yogurt
bananas
cheese
chips and maybe dip
cut up veggies
nuts and other snack foods
water
soda
wine

We don't go to the grocery store because we drive and pack everything in with us. But some of the things that we make sure to pack:
Many years back the Worldmark forum community developed a "Goody Box" list to describe the tote box that we threw into the car for our drive-to destinations. The box was filled with non-perishable items needed for many visits and could be easily moved, ready to go, from the garage > to the car > to the unit and back. Link: https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/forum/goodies.shtml

Many years back the Worldmark forum community developed a "Goody Box" list to describe the tote box that we threw into the car for our drive-to destinations. The box was filled with non-perishable items needed for many visits and could be easily moved, ready to go, from the garage > to the car > to the unit and back. Link: https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/forum/goodies.shtml
Great list.

We've actually talked about taking our toaster oven.

We stay in a studio so we won't have a stove or oven. And if we unplug it when we leave the room, there isn't any more risk than the room right next door to us with a fully operational kitchen.

I can't use the toaster in the studio, since I have a food allergy and it would have been used for regular bread.

We stay in a 1BR, so we have access to a full kitchen. We stay at least 8 days. I just filed away our grocery list from our trip this month, this is from memory. We have a grocery stop with our car service. We typically spend around $125-150.

Bakery

Cookies
2 loaves of bread

Deli

(2) 1/2 pounds of lunch meat
Some type of pasta/potato salad

Produce

Apples
Strawberries
Bananas
Grapes
Carrots
Lettuce

Dairy

2 gallons milk
Indian River Orange Juice
Butter
Yogurt
Cheese
Pillsbury crescent rolls

Meat

Hot dogs
Ground beef
Bacon

Other

Spaghetti sauce and spaghetti
Cereal
Pancake mix
Syrup
Crackers
Peanut butter
Jelly
Water
Pop
Beer
Chips

I wish my order looked like the previous poster as theirs is much healthier! I travel with my kids who are now teenagers. I get a couple of cases of bottled water so we can each take a couple into the parks and just have on hand. I then get breakfast foods as we eat breakfast in the room every day and I also get snack things that are quick and easy for my kids to grab. Generally, it is a variation of the following:

diet coke
string cheese
yogurt
muffins
peanut butter
English muffins
bagels
cream cheese
bananas
apples
pretzels
goldfish crackers
trail mix
granola bars/protein bars
laundry soap
gallon Ziploc bags

good tea bags
cream
sugar
muffins/quick bread
yogurt
bananas
cheese
chips and maybe dip
cut up veggies
nuts and other snack foods
water
soda
wine
Okay, my list looks very similar to these. My wife and I aren't into cooking when on vacation.

Mine is easy:

Cases of water
soda
beer
granola bars
cheese sticks
bananas
dry snacks type foods: chips, goldfish crackers, cookies stuff like that

We have gotten stuff like frozen waffles, bagels, butter and cream cheese but we really don't cook on vacation.

We stay in a 1BR, so we have access to a full kitchen. We stay at least 8 days. I just filed away our grocery list from our trip this month, this is from memory. We have a grocery stop with our car service. We typically spend around $125-150.

Bakery

Cookies
2 loaves of bread

Deli

(2) 1/2 pounds of lunch meat
Some type of pasta/potato salad

Produce

Apples
Strawberries
Bananas
Grapes
Carrots
Lettuce

Dairy

2 gallons milk
Indian River Orange Juice
Butter
Yogurt
Cheese
Pillsbury crescent rolls

Meat

Hot dogs
Ground beef
Bacon

Other

Spaghetti sauce and spaghetti
Cereal
Pancake mix
Syrup
Crackers
Peanut butter
Jelly
Water
Pop
Beer
Chips
Have never had Indian River Orange Juice, is it better than Tropicana?

It is a local's thing! Drink OJ like a local: http://jasongraphix.com/journal/orange-juice-snobs/

The real reason I’m proud to be from Vero Beach is because we have the best citrus in the world. That’s right California, you’ve got nuthin’ on our juicy fruits. While you’ve probably never heard of Vero Beach Citrus, you may have seen Indian River Fruit before. Vero is in the heart of Indian River County, and Indian River County is to Citrus what Napa Valley is to wine.

Edited to add: I've sucked down 4 of the sweetest, juiciest backyard San Diego oranges just today. Nope, give me California oranges over Florida oranges any day!

It's really good. One of my "treats" during vacation. It's a little pricey but excellent.

Me either. At least nothing that is "real cooking."

Toast? Sure. Even eggs. But I won't need a cake mix.

We don't do what I consider "real" cooking, just breakfast, spaghetti, sandwiches and hot dog rolls. We just get a little tired of eating out every meal. This year we ordered pizza from Flippers, as recommended by many on this Board. It was really good!

It's really good. One of my "treats" during vacation. It's a little pricey but excellent.

We don't do what I consider "real" cooking, just breakfast, spaghetti, sandwiches and hot dog rolls. We just get a little tired of eating out every meal. This year we ordered pizza from Flippers, as recommended by many on this Board. It was really good!

We love FLIPPERS!!!

We eat every breakfast in the villa, and two or three dinners. Lunch is often out because we're in the parks.

We also bring home our leftovers from restaurants and have them in the villa for lunch.

As for what we cook, for breakfast it's:

Eggs/bacon/bagels/
french toast/orange juice/coffee/
cereal/pop tarts

I normally buy a big tray of the cut up veggies with dip. That way, we have a fresh, healthy appetizers and I can use the cut up fresh veggies for dinner as well, like stir-frying the broccoli and carrots together with some onion.

For dinner, meals are often:
Fresh Florida seafood on the grill, rice and cooked veggies from the veggie tray
Steaks on the grill, baked potatoes and a bagged salad
Spaghetti and salad
Hamburgers on the grill, coleslaw and beans

We also bring popcorn and lemonade to have in the room as snacks.

Particularly when we go in the summer, we are at the villa a lot during the day using the pool and such.

Oh, and we also have wine and bourbon in our Owner's Locker as well as spices and the like, so we can have cocktail hour. Also, a couple staples like rice.

We often have friends with us as well, so we like to kick back on our balcony with our cocktails and appetizers before dinner.

Here's my Top 20 shopping list:
Eggs
Bacon
Bread
Bagels
Milk
Butter
Deli meat
Cheese
Beer
Wine
Big cut up tray of veggies
Cole slaw or potato salad
Chips
Dip
Steaks
Fresh Seafood
Charcoal
Bagged salad with Dressing
Baking potatoes
sour cream

We typically have a studio, but splurge on a 1 br when the points work out. Even with a full kitchen, it is vacation, we're not cooking!
I pack a screw top Ziploc bowl of ground coffee, coffee filters and a small bottle of agave nectar. Occasionally I'll pack some Poptarts for hubby.
We order the our in room essentials from Garden Grocer. Occasionally we have to stretch a bit to hit the minimum. Even though we always have a rental car, grocery shopping the chore I detest the most. I'd rather clean the bathroom! I am not wasting precious Park time doing something I hate. Items typically on our list are:
a case of water
6 pack of Coke
2L Diet Coke
bagels
peanut butter
yogurt
milk
half n half
bananas
some kind of snack - usually cookies

We do breakfasts and snacks and drinks in the Villa and dinner out. Although last trip we so fed up eating out and paying a fotune for just ok food even at signatures next trip we are going to have as many dinners in as out. That may be take out instead of cooking we haven't decided yet.

We buy Milk, bread, bagels, philidelphia, butter, cheddar
Cans of soda, chocolate milk, deli meats, hot dogs, buns,

We do breakfasts and snacks and drinks in the Villa and dinner out. Although last trip we so fed up eating out and paying a fotune for just ok food even at signatures next trip we are going to have as many dinners in as out. That may be take out instead of cooking we haven't decided yet.

We buy Milk, bread, bagels, philidelphia, butter, cheddar
Cans of soda, chocolate milk, deli meats, hot dogs, buns,

Sadly, we agree regarding the food. Ironically, we all felt we enjoyed our CS meals, relative to price, more than our TS meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter