• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Fav Thing To Do When Staying at FW

Hmm, so many things to pick from here...favorite thing....

Listening to the wildlife in the morning when the sun comes up. I can always catch a hawk or once in a while an eagle. You have to know what bird you are listening for, but that makes it fun.

My favorite thing to do is get on my laptop and post a new thread that I'm at the fort and BigDisneyDaddy isn't lmao. One of these days Scott's gonna move down here and go more than me and rub it in.

HOWDY!

I like waking up to the sound of the mosquito truck circling the loop.

Starting a pot of Kona coffee, taking the dog for a walk, and that first morning bike ride to WL to see the deer and armadillos.

Coming back to the camper to wake up ftwildernessgirl and have that coffee under the awning.

My favorite thing to do is get on my laptop and post a new thread that I'm at the fort and BigDisneyDaddy isn't lmao. One of these days Scott's gonna move down here and go more than me and rub it in.

Some people just cant play nice !:confused3

My other favorite thing to do is sit on the porch at Crocketts and watch the "tourists"

Scott I can't actually take credit for what I said about you not being there. I actually stole that phrase from MrsGus. Oh well it sounded good lol.

One day we'll get to sip a cold one together at the fort.

I am looking forward to that day.

Scott

Did MrsGus tell you that Skeeter and I are long lost cousins ?
I cant believe the way she treats family.

You know that feeling when you finish the last of the setup ??? Everything after that is just one big warm fuzzy blur:drinking1 :drinking1 ( wait, not that blur :lmao: ):cloud9: :smokin: :woohoo: ( thats the one), until I start to reverse the process.It may be a blur but it's AWSOME..:wave2: :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Reading this makes me so anxious to get to the Fort!! We leave in 76 days for our first trip there!! I'm so excited to be heading back to Disney World. I love getting my kids all excited about going and counting down the days with them.

So I guess, for now, I'll have to say my favorite thing about the Fort is looking forward to seeing it for the first time! :jumping1:

I have to agree with the people that liked sitting at Crockets on the porch. We like to sit there at the end of the night and drink a pitcher of beer while "people watching"
I plan on drinking a few of those over the next two days

Walk over to WL on our walk we always see deer. We take the boat back to the ft. (sometimes we ride our bikes over)

The wagon ride around the loops to see the decorations.:santa:

Boat to contemporary then ride the monorail to Poly walk to the Grand Floridian then back on the monorail to Contemporary then (HOME)-boat ride to the ft. Sometimes we stop at TTC to hope on the EPCOT monorail.

Wandering the campgrounds to find the old railroad tracks, swamp trail, River Country, etc. Explore and take pictures...

Eating at TE at least once-getting take out (chicken):yay:

:3dglasses campfire & movie popcorn::

Meadows-to see what cool new Ft. stuff is available.:cool2:

the moment after setting up camp-it really doesn't matter after that. It's all good after that-the planning is over.:worship:

I get up early and have a quiet cup of java...then hop on the cart with pins and go trade and talk with the CM's at both posts..I love to hear their stories and look at the pins... and it gives my friends/family time to do thier own things without me rushing them lol >>> and at night Looping to see the decorations is great...its my special time for me and the DGD!

This is our 3rd trip in a year. We've had our RV about a year and a half and this is our special vacation spot. We both like to get away from a busy life, but my DH gets bored easily so this is a perfect spot for us. One of our favorite things is to end the day at the beach watching the fireworks and the water parade. I like to get up a little early and sit at the beach for a little while in the morning reading. A relaxing start and finish to a great day. We have 3 weeks left before "coming home" again to FW.

Drive thru the gates when we get there, I have such a great feeling, we have been going to the ft. for 31 years, and I always have the same feeling pulling up. But I do hate going out of them. We didn't have a MH for a long time and that is the major thing I missed about it.
I love going to the Meadows to fill up my coffee mug and look around, even if they don't have anything new.
I love having my coffee outside in the am and like last Sat. saw a beautiful cardnel on a tree next to me.
I love looping, I am very lucky to be able to go often, it never seems like enough time thou.
I love watching the fireworks at the beach, it is really nice now that they got the music back.
I love the smell of the ft.

Reading this makes me so anxious to get to the Fort!! We leave in 76 days for our first trip there!! I'm so excited to be heading back to Disney World. I love getting my kids all excited about going and counting down the days with them.

So I guess, for now, I'll have to say my favorite thing about the Fort is looking forward to seeing it for the first time! :jumping1:

I am with you Cyndi. We will be going to WDW for the first time in 4 years. We leave in about 4 weeks and will be staying at FW for the first time. Cant wait!! :yay:

I have been to the FT once in 86 to go horseback riding... oh and RC in 80.... I also remember swimming in the lake... But the more i read Ya'll's posts the more I am just ready to go buy a camper and ditch the resorts... I can't wait for our Cabin trip in 50 days....

Setting up the automatic coffee maker to go off at 6:00 am, getting coffee and taking a walk from the 300 loop along the canal towards the marina, enjoying the birds, fish popping in the water, the coffee and the smells of the outdoors

Setting up the automatic coffee maker to go off at 6:00 am, getting coffee and taking a walk from the 300 loop along the canal towards the marina, enjoying the birds, fish popping in the water, the coffee and the smells of the outdoors

What he said!!! I love the quiet of the Fort in the early morning hours!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter