Your Must Do's while at WDW

eporter66

DIS Veteran & DVC Owner at SSR
We all know everyone has favorite rides and attractions, but what are the things you do everytime you go to WDW

1. Family picture in each park (usually the same spots) with all the iconic landmarks in the background (Cinderella Castle, Geosphere, Tree of Life, Magic Hat). It is fun to compare them year after year.

2. Plan our park days around evening extra magic hours. And yes - we have always visited every park on every trip. I know some people say that on these days the parks are more crowded, but so far we have been lucky. We go for awhile during normal hours, then head back to the hotel and hang by the pool etc... Seems like we get a lot of rides in during the evening, and multiple times.

3. Take a drive around WDW Resort. I get a rental car when we go - we always end up on one of the days riding around within WDW - stopping at other resorts to look around, driving by the golf courses and Fort Wilderness.

4. Get Fish & Chips from the Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe in the UK

5. Get a Dole Whip in the Magic Kingdom

6. Go to Earl of Sandwich (at least since it has been open) for a Roast Beef and Cheddar

7. Ride the Monorail at least once

8. Time of Year (October) - We love this time of year at WDW, and except for a trip we had to cancel in 2007 - we have been going in October since 99 for almost every trip. We make it a priority as we love the F&W fest, so we get to enjoy eating around the world, and catching our favorite bands like Off-Kilter and British Invasion - I can hear them now!

9. Rainforest Cafe - I know this is a chain, but our DD6 loves both spots, and we usually end up grabbing something to eat.

10. Walking over to our home resort SSR from DTD. We have not stayed at SSR since 2006 (wanting to try the others), but everytime we go to DTD, we take the path over to SSR and walk around - we love the grounds.

11. Character Breakfast - We have always done one with our DD6, our favorite is at Cape May Cafe'

12. Go to the Boardwalk Hotel in the evening to hang out on the boardwalk for ice cream and see the acts - it is a really fun place.

13. Of course the rides - we do as many as possible, as our DD gets older we can do more with her. We were able to do Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion last year for the first time. She loved both - hoping to add a few more this year. Of course no trip is complete without hitting as many rides as possible.

14. Arrival Day Routine
We usually are out of the airport and in our car by 11:30 or so. We stop and get groceries (I think Albertsons is the store we hit), and usually get to the resort and check-in by 1:30. We have had luck getting into our rooms, and the rest of the day is spent relaxing at the pool, and we always book a nice place for dinner to kick off our vacation. We are doing BOMA again this year - we really liked it.

I will add more as I think of them

1. Go to the movies at west side on one afternoon. We usually have the whole theater to ourselves.

2. Have a drink at Victoria Falls in AKL from our favorite bartender, Rose.

3. Dessert at France.

4. Hot Fudge sundae at Ghiradelli.

5. Open up my owner's locker and being surprised at the great stuff I forgot I put in there.

6. Having a sake at the sake bar in Japan and having a conversation about Japan with the cast members from there, while my DW shops in Japan.

there is really only one thing that we seem to do there...

French Pavilion for an Orange Julius Grand Marnier!

1.Crystal Palace for 8:05am ADR
2.Sprinting to KS at AK opening
3. Riding IASW a million times
4. All our kids having a meltdown at the same time while we're muttering under our breath how this is supposed to be the "Happiest Place on Earth". ;)

Eats and Drinks
1. Clam chowder at Liberty Tree Tavern or Columbia Harbor House
2. Hot fudge sundae at Ghirardelli's
3. Fish and chips + Smithwicks at Cooke's of Dublin
4. Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast

Attractions
1. Haunted Mansion (the best)
2. Splash Mountain
3. Test Track
4. Tower of Terror

Intangibles
1. Absorb the atmosphere
2. Relax and be a kid again
3. Enjoy the resort

Upon entering MK, right there to the left of the entrance, which is really the exit, I purchase my 1st popcorn from the vending cart, nothing beats Disney Popcorn!

Must ride POTC, it brings back such childhood memories!

Epcot, well it's just a snacking frenzy! School Bread from Norway, Chocolate Eclairs or Cheese plate from France, Italian Margarita from Italy, Churros from Mexico.

We share different things! It's so much fun!

14. All our kids having a meltdown at the same time while we're muttering under our breath how this is supposed to be the "Happiest Place on Earth". ;)
Too funny, I often remark at the World, "I don't think these people know that this is supposed to be fun.!

Everytime I ride Haunted Mansion, I have to say "Hi Bones" to the caretakers dog as I enter the cemetary scene. He is always there to greet me. ;)

Robert

1. Breakfast at CM and CP.
2. TOT and RnR.
3. Mickey head ice cream bar:love:
4. The purple road signs.
5. Photo's with Tigger, Goofy and Chip & Dale.
6. DTD at night:thumbsup2
7. MGM studio's (DW and I's favorite park for magic):worship:
8. Le Cellier
9. Photopass photo on main street:woohoo:
10. Dole Whip:yay:
11. And last but not least, RELAX. You are on Vacation after all right?:confused3

We always enjoy DTD, a burger at B & C, a Daulkey Duo and a beer flight at Raglan Road, resort-hopping, riding the monorail and so much more. Too much to list! :goodvibes

-We always have dinner at Teppan Edo in Japan both the first and last day of a trip.

-See how many times we can score fast passes at our favorite attraction at early entry. We especially like to go to DHS to be at the front by rope drop and then walk quickly to TSMM where one of us gets in line and the other goes to get fastpasses. We try for 4 rides on TSMM before noon.

-We like to do a different "behind the scenes" tour each trip. We are down to repeating them now.

-Evening hot tub visits at OKW

-doing Illuminations at least 3 times a trip

-spending relaxing time just people and animal watching at AK. One of our favs is to hit the Rafiki's Planet watch in time to see the Veterinarian exams. We have been known to spend a whole morning doing that.

-Have coffee and breakfast out on our OKW porch to watch the sunrise or sunset (depending on where our unit is).

1. Take as many pictures as I can fit on a memory card.

2. O'Hanas!! :tongue:

3. Ride the Peoplemover. :snail:

4. Lights, motor, action! This is just me and DS. DW uses it as a time to go shopping.

5. Test Track as many times as possible. :drive:

6. Enjoy being able to act like a child for a whole week. :mickeyjum

1. ESPN CLUB
2. The "usual" fav rides (TOT, RNR, TSM, MS, TT, HM, BTMR, SM, EE, etc. etc. etc)
3. We take a picture of the boys at the Winnie the Poo sign outside of his ride.. it has been fun to watch them grow up in Disney!
4. Earl of Sandwich..
5. Ohana's..
6. Take tons and tons of pics..
7. Hit every park according to TGM...
8. Have a fantastic time!!!

Here are some things we try to do each time: ride the monorail, eat at Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's, visit all parks, the safari ride, Pirates of the Car., shop in DT disney, get as amny autographs as possible, etc

1. Be at MK for the opening. I get tears every time when the train arrives.
2. Get a Tollhouse ice cream sandwich in the bakery on Main St
3. Walk around World Showcase once during the day and once at night.
4. Ride the monorail and get out at one of the resorts on it.
5. Get a Pina Colada at the resort bar. They taste so much better on vacation.
6. Try to get a picture with the 6 of us where we're all smiling and looking at the camera - a near impossible feat!:rotfl2:
7. Try to beat DH on Buzz Lightyear - it's only happened once!
8. Enjoy a show put on by the street performers at Epcot
9. Watch the fountain show at Epcot.
10. Take at least one nap - it is vacation!

Oh, so many favorites and must do's!

The # 1 must do for my DD's(9, 16) is probably pin trading. They love it! The first thing they look at in every shop is new lanyards, because they have to have a new one for each trip.

As for the parks we all love the haunted mansion (we love making different faces and giving different poses when we look at our reflection with our new rider). We do this multiple times.

Pirates, both mountains, and riding the train around MK is also a must!

Toy story mania is amazing! My whole family LOVES this ride!

Soarin, Tower of Terror, and Rockin Roller Coaster! (We also know where all the cameras are and compete to se who can make the best faces on all the coasters!)

I love eating muffins at Staring rolls cafe in the morning at Hollywood Studios.

We can't go to WDW without eating at Teppen Edo, Boma, and wolfgang Puck express, or going to the lego store in DTD!

And no trip would be complete without us enjoying our resort every afternoon!

I gave an "overview", but now that I think about it, we really have specific things we ALWAYS do in each park.

Epcot:
Illuminations, Test Track, Soarin', Teppan Edo, Behind the Seeds, and most of all...Spaceship Earth!

Animal Kingdom:
Kilimanjaro Safari, Flights of Wonder, Festival of the Lion King, at least one meal at Flame Tree BBQ, Rafiki's Planet watch for the vet exams...AND...We will see Finding Nemo the musical multiple times a trip. We used to LOVE the Hunchback show at MGM, but now we feel Nemo is the very best production in all of WDW.

Disney's HS:
LOVE Toy Story mania, and we MUST do muppets, lights motors action, and animation drawing each trip. In fact, we go to the drawing academy several times a trip. I can't pass up One Man's Dream either. I also find the shopping at DHS to be better than at some of the other parks.

Magic Kingdom:
This is not my favorite park anymore. It has gotten too old and predictable I guess, but we always MUST do Haunted Mansion, the 3 mountains, Buzz and Carousele of Progress as well as Pirates, and LOVE Wishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter