Your Reviews on RECENT Mousekeeping

Not great. In December our WL stay was the worst. Hair all over the tub which I didn’t realize until I was soaking and finding hair everywhere. The CM didn’t wipe down the walls of the shower and there was hair stuck all over as it blended in with the walls. They also knocked on our door at 8 am on Christmas wanting to know when we were leaving for the day. One trash can was skipped as well and since they’re so tiny it really becomes a pain.

We decline Mousekeeping wherever possible these days.

edit: we’ve been 11 times in about three years and have felt that mousekeeping has always been spotty. We’ve never stayed value more than one night but we’ve had great experiences and bad experiences at both deluxe and mod.

Last edited:
We have been lucky enough to go on a vacation to WDW several times in the last few years. We have stayed mostly at Pop Century (still our favorite), and a few times, at Disney's Port Orleans. We have always been pleased with Mousekeeping and haven't had any problems. Also when we needed extra items, they were quickly delivered. Our last trip was May 2018. I hope I won't see a difference when we go again this year. However, if given the choice when checking in, I think I'd like to try opting out of housekeeping.

Not really Mousekeeping, but Bell Services carried an $80 cake like it was dirt. and smashed the entire thing. It was my Mom's birthday cake and we were staying at Bay Lake Tower (Yes, a DVC Villa resort (Not bragging just showing how insane that is))

Not really Mousekeeping, but Bell Services carried an $80 cake like it was dirt. and smashed the entire thing. It was my Mom's birthday cake and we were staying at Bay Lake Tower (Yes, a DVC Villa resort (Not bragging just showing how insane that is))

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that! I will say that at the parks on the last few visits, we did notice a decline in the way some of the workers did their jobs. Sign of the times, perhaps? Time will tell if services around Disney will continue to decline or start to improve.

We visit twice yearly, and just returned from AKL. This is the first time that my husband commented that the mousekeeping was really bare bones. We are attributing it to staffing shortage, but hallways rugs were messy, trash was not always emptied, and room service trays were left in the hallways for long periods of time. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either.

We visit twice yearly, and just returned from AKL. This is the first time that my husband commented that the mousekeeping was really bare bones. We are attributing it to staffing shortage, but hallways rugs were messy, trash was not always emptied, and room service trays were left in the hallways for long periods of time. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either.
I just stayed at AKL at the beginning of Feb as part of a split stay and it was obvious they were lacking. I met my mousekeeper, she was fantastic and did a good job, but she came so late that they were coming to do turn down service for the CL rooms just 30 minutes after she left. She did do a good job, and even called in to maintenance that the brand new shower door was not working properly (hello water EVERYWHERE), but I hated not being able to relax because I just never knew how long it would take for her to get to my room. BWI on the other hand, the first part of my split stay, was amazing. Super friendly, always did an amazing job, absolutely zero complaints from there. Thinking back I have only had 2 bed mousekeeping experiences in all my trips, AKL & YC, so I think it's not a really across the board problem but very isolated.

I have stayed at CBR, BC and Pop. CBR and BC I had no problems with mousekeeping. Not so much at POP. I found mousekeeping to be very inconsistant. We had two connecting rooms and one day both rooms would be cleaned and one day only one room would be cleaned and one time both rooms weren't cleaned. One of the mouskeepers told my husband that she was assigned to one room but not the other. I did bring it up to the front desk and the problem was fixed quickly. They also made it right by sprinkling some pixie dust my way. It seems like there is a miscommunication with the mousekeepers over which rooms need to be cleaned and which ones don't. Especially since I have never had a problem with mousekeeping before they offered guests a choice to decline mousekeeping.

Never had a problem with mousekeeping. Beach Club was fantastic in November. They even tidied up my makeup on the counter.

Like others have said, reviews online will skew towards negative.

Most recent visit was July. Housekeeping was good (CBR) and even did some fun stuff with my kids stuffies and towels. One day we came back mid day and it wasnt done yet which was a little bit of a bummer, but we left and came back that night and it was done.

We have been lucky enough to go on a vacation to WDW several times in the last few years. We have stayed mostly at Pop Century (still our favorite), and a few times, at Disney's Port Orleans. We have always been pleased with Mousekeeping and haven't had any problems. Also when we needed extra items, they were quickly delivered. Our last trip was May 2018. I hope I won't see a difference when we go again this year. However, if given the choice when checking in, I think I'd like to try opting out of housekeeping.
If you are staying at either of those resorts you can decline housekeeping. They don't pick and choose who gets to participate. It's even part of online check in now.

I have stayed at CBR, BC and Pop. CBR and BC I had no problems with mousekeeping. Not so much at POP. I found mousekeeping to be very inconsistant. We had two connecting rooms and one day both rooms would be cleaned and one day only one room would be cleaned and one time both rooms weren't cleaned. One of the mouskeepers told my husband that she was assigned to one room but not the other. I did bring it up to the front desk and the problem was fixed quickly. They also made it right by sprinkling some pixie dust my way. It seems like there is a miscommunication with the mousekeepers over which rooms need to be cleaned and which ones don't. Especially since I have never had a problem with mousekeeping before they offered guests a choice to decline mousekeeping.
I think this is a lot of the issues with missed rooms (not all, but a lot)
Just like with parking and who gets charged and who doesn't, the charges are only as accurate as whoever noted the account. If there's a single digit off, then the wrong room is noted or in the case of housekeeping, if the list given to housekeeping on who to skip has any errors, then the wrong room is missed.

I have been going to WDW since the 70s and have never had a problem with Mousekeeping, including my 3 trips last year. I go again this Spring and will be staying at POR where I hear they have had issues for a while...we'll see. I'm not a messy person in general so my room never really needs a lot anyway.

We go more often than I should admit and have never had anything other than completely normal/satisfactory/excellent experiences with Mousekeeping. Until last weekend at AKL CL. One day they were incredibly late (close to 5pm) and everything about the room was just "off" - disheveled towels on the towel rods, sloppily made bed, I don't think the floor had been swept, the bathroom didn't feel particularly well wiped down. The toilet paper roll was down to its last tiny sheet (in obvious need of replacing) and instead of replacing it, they just put an unwrapped new roll sitting on top of the old one on the TP holder.

I stay in hotels all over for work and pleasure and am used to every range of experience possible, but this one stood out as a rare miss at WDW.

I'm not one to complain, and this is not a complaint....just a curiosity to me. I was recently at AoA (Lion King) for 7 nights. We had GREAT housekeeping...as always...until night 5. And we never saw them again. I thought it was a fluke or an oversight on night 6, but nope. When they didn't come the next day either (and we had been in the parks all day), there was only our checkout day left, and we were fine, so no big deal. It was just funny how the upkeep evaporated. ??? (Yes, I tipped well on those first 5 nights.)

I'm not one to complain, and this is not a complaint....just a curiosity to me. I was recently at AoA (Lion King) for 7 nights. We had GREAT housekeeping...as always...until night 5. And we never saw them again. I thought it was a fluke or an oversight on night 6, but nope. When they didn't come the next day either (and we had been in the parks all day), there was only our checkout day left, and we were fine, so no big deal. It was just funny how the upkeep evaporated. ??? (Yes, I tipped well on those first 5 nights.)

This was very similar to what I experienced at POP. I was there for 10 nights and around night 4 was when the mousekeeping declined. After night 6 I went to speak to someone at the front desk.

Jan 2020 We got our room before 11 am, so that was awesome they'd already turned it around! There was some confusion by the Mousekeeping staff when we requested a microwave. Instead, we got a pack-n-play, lol. We let the front desk know we wanted a microwave, and the pack-n-play was replaced with a real crib! Finally, on the 3rd attempt, we got a microwave. Other than that, everything was done well. (Oh, we asked for 1 additional shampoo and got 3.)

If you are staying at either of those resorts you can decline housekeeping. They don't pick and choose who gets to participate. It's even part of online check in now.

I think this is a lot of the issues with missed rooms (not all, but a lot)
Just like with parking and who gets charged and who doesn't, the charges are only as accurate as whoever noted the account. If there's a single digit off, then the wrong room is noted or in the case of housekeeping, if the list given to housekeeping on who to skip has any errors, then the wrong room is missed.
Oh, that's good. I thought they only offered it to some. Thanks for letting me know, AngiTN. I'll be sure to ask for it. :)

This was very similar to what I experienced at POP. I was there for 10 nights and around night 4 was when the mousekeeping declined. After night 6 I went to speak to someone at the front desk.
I definitely would have done that if we weren't so close to the end of our trip. I hope your situation got better after you talked with someone.

We just returned from a split stay - Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club.

Mousekeeping at CBR was not good - second day they didn't show, we called, and someone came by offering towels and told us they couldn't clean the room that day (??). Thirty minutes later someone showed up and told us they could only clean the room at that exact time (it was past 5pm at this point) and we would have to leave ... so we headed down to the Quiet Pool. Third Day - they cleaned the room - but left the new towels in a literal pile on the counter (not over the rack/etc.).

Mousekeeping at YC was fantastic - we had clothes laying out that they hung up (!!!), toiletries restocked, and with the exception of one day it was always done by 11am.

On our last trip, we left the room at 5:30am to go to DHS for RotR. We got back around 3pm and Mousekeeping was in the room. She was pretty unhappy to see us return, but we were EXHAUSTED and forfeited the services to have some time to relax.

No complaints last September at Pop. We were never in the room during the day, so I have no idea when they came, but the room was always clean when we got back at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter