Your top WDW tip

My best tip is to be flexable.

I'm the planner in my family and I usually schedule our days...but I have found lately, that things happen...on the last trip, we had to change our schedule a couple of times due to rain....so be it. There was something that we just couldn't get done (because of the rain) so I'm going to try and do it this time.

My top tip is this:

Go with the expectation that the lines will be long, the weather not ideal, and the experience exhausting. That way, if that IS what happens, it won't seem so bad.

And if it's not, it will be just that much more magical.

With WDW, as with all things in life, your attitude and approach makes ALL the difference in your overal experience!

My best tip is to be flexable.

I'm the planner in my family and I usually schedule our days...but I have found lately, that things happen...on the last trip, we had to change our schedule a couple of times due to rain....so be it. There was something that we just couldn't get done (because of the rain) so I'm going to try and do it this time.

I agree that you need to be flexible and I think planning and preparation ahead of time makes being flexible much easier.

When I am on vacation I do not want to make a lot of decisions. I want to get all that stuff out of the way ahead of time. Then when something comes up that makes us stray from the original plan it is not a big deal to call an audible because I'm prepared and know what my options are.

It's been mentioned before but my main tip would be to do some pre-work. Read a guidebook or two. Determine what you really want to see. Create some plans that will help guide your trip. My nightmare scenario is cluelessy standing out in the scorching Florida sun trading "I don't know what do you want to do?'s with my wife while the kids complain. I find that it is just a more enjoyable experience all the way around when you've done your homework.

On your last evening spent the evening at MK. When leaving the park, look back to the castle, kiss your Husband and swear that you will come back.

This gave me goosbumps! Every trip I have done, I have turned around, looked at the castle and sworn I will be back.

We have 38 days until my next trip after being away four years. I am sure I will do the same again!

:goodvibes:thumbsup2

The 'Coke' shop at Epcot is indeed called Club Cool. :thumbsup2

We stayed at AKL for our honeymoon, and although we never mentioned that was why we were there, the CM who checked us in obviously had an eye for detail. He discretely slid two 'just married' badges/pins across the desk to us, with a smile (I guess it was because we both had different surnames, yet were wearing shiny new wedding rings).

The first time we were at MK for RD we went straight to BTM. We were the second car/train out, but those that went first were given clear plastic cups of water (strapped to their wrist). I guess the idea was to see how much water you came back with :rotfl2:

Also, try and ride the Kilimanjaro Safari at AK quite early in the day as the animals are more active then.

On your last evening spent the evening at MK. When leaving the park, look back to the castle, kiss your Husband and swear that you will come back.
Awww you almost made me cry!!

We're going next summer and it will be our last trip for some time. We plan on spending our last evening there at MK. Looking back at the castle as I leave, I will no doubt be sobbing!! :sad1:

Use your fastpasses they are free. If you get in a bind and can't make the exact time it is ok. Once the first time on the fast pass rolls around you can go at anytime during that day.

This may already have been said, but the advice above (using fast passes after the return window) is not correct.

WDW has been enforcing the FP return windows for about a year and a half now. If you arrive after your return window you will be denied entrance to the ride. Very important to know this!

(You used to be able to "save up" FPs to use later in the day, but those days are gone.)

When you get to the FP machines to get your FPs, take note of the "return window" which is posted by the FP machines. If the return window does not work for your schedule (say, you have a dining reservation or plan to be at another park during the return window), don't get a FP.

So many great tips on here!

My best tip and DH agrees: plan out your day with at least some idea of what you want to do. Such as...the rides you want to go on, shows and parade times and get an idea of the layouts of the park.

Researching ahead of time is really going to benefit you!!

We saw so many people that were waiting in those long lines for rides. Figure out where and what rides have the Fastpass machine and utilize them!!!

My #1 tip is drink bottled water! The tap and water fountain water is AWFUL. On our first trip back in like 1998, DH and I were both feeling really ill and decided it was from drinking the water. So for several years we stopped drinking it and only drank bottled. Then about two or three years ago DH forgot I guess and drank the tap water on our annual trip. (I thought he was just using a little to swallow his medications but he was actually drinking quite a bit of it.) Well half way through the week he was feeling really ill and spent a good portion of one day in the room. As soon as he stopped drinking the tap water he was good to go again.

Just back, and my main tip has not changed...get there BEFORE rope drop.
Our first two days there were complications and we could not do that...it was much harder to get things done. When we were able to get there early, we got so much done. Test Track and Soarin with out waits. Toy Story Mania two times in a row, and the wait was 1 hour later in the day.
All of new Fantasyland before the crowds reached us.

Worth the time and effort to get there early.

We also found that we could ride splash mtn and BTMRR during the MS Electrical Parade at MK, and then walk up to the rope near Splash, and still see all of the parade without waiting and a prime spot.
We then walked to Main St. for the fireworks. Only thing we missed was the show that is played on the castle.

Best tip by experience. If you see something you want to buy it, make sure you buy it then & there. My sister noticed a couple of stemless wine glasses available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival last year & decided she would wait until the end the trip to buy it. They were sold out everywhere.

It's been mentioned before but my main tip would be to do some pre-work. Read a guidebook or two. Determine what you really want to see. Create some plans that will help guide your trip. My nightmare scenario is cluelessy standing out in the scorching Florida sun trading "I don't know what do you want to do?'s" with my wife while the kids complain. I find that it is just a more enjoyable experience all the way around when you've done your homework.

This is such good advice! I don't recommend making a really detailed, minute-by-minute plan, but have a general idea of what you want to do, where you want to eat (making ADRs in advance as needed), and the general order of things for each day. It's such a waste of time standing around a map trying to figure out what to do next. Your time at WDW is valuable, and you don't want to waste it!

This is such good advice! I don't recommend making a really detailed, minute-by-minute plan, but have a general idea of what you want to do, where you want to eat (making ADRs in advance as needed), and the general order of things for each day. It's such a waste of time standing around a map trying to figure out what to do next. Your time at WDW is valuable, and you don't want to waste it!

Agreed! I did alot of research before we went to Disney, so we knew which days we would attend which parks, based on park recommendations. We also made a list of the rides/attractions we wanted to see, noted where they were located, which ones had FP available, and prioritized our "must do!".

We hit the parks first thing in the morning (but were never there BEFORE the park opened), and we had a general order of what we wanted to do. For example, we did EMH morning and did Space Mountain a few times, because it was open, the headed over to Frontierland for the other mountains as they opened. Also strategically used FP. For example, grabbed FP for BTMRR as we we entered the standby line, rode, then headed over to Splash, rode standby with no wait, and by then,were able to get another FP, so grabbed it for Splash. Then used two FP in a row, and was able to get another just a few minutes later. So we had done all the mountains multiple times before 10:00 am.

I tried to "guesstimate" how long it would take us to wait in line, ride, and get to the next attraction. I did this simply as a guide so I would know if we were doing good on time or if we should re-prioritize.

Also, we made no ADR. We liked the freedom of being able to eat when we want, and hated the idea of spending a few hours of precious Disney time in a restaurant, or worse, waiting to be seated.

This gave me goosbumps! Every trip I have done, I have turned around, looked at the castle and sworn I will be back.

We have 38 days until my next trip after being away four years. I am sure I will do the same again!

:goodvibes:thumbsup2

I remember when they used to give handstamps when you were leaving the parks so that you could revisit later that day. We would always get our hands stamped at the end of our last day of our visit because we were going to definitely come back!!

Now, we'll do it your way!!

We always ride the monrail leaving the MK on the last day so we can hear the "Have a Safe Trip Home" spiel and yes I always get teary eyed!!

I really enjoy looking at the varied architecture. Disney really goes all out to match the architecture with the area/theme. They don't say a lot about it, but I think it adds immeasurably to the experience. In a long line? Take a look around and notice the trim, the structure, etc. Also, tip #2: takes photos of attraction and location signage. This changes more commonly than you might suppose. It makes for interesting history shots when you look back at them years later. For instance, the old Mr. Toad's Wild Ride had 2-3 radically different entry signs that I have seen.These shots also make excellent establishing shots for scrapbooks and photo albums.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter