Your top WDW tip

Judging from your itinerary, I have a feeling we're similar in that when you're on vacation, you're there to take in as much as you can (my husband is the opposite as his idea of vacation is to sleep in and not do anything).

Having said that, my advice is quite opposite of the others. If you want to get the most out of your vacation, planning is key. I know it sounds obvious but I'm still surprised how a lot of people don't know about fastpass or that you have to book in advance especially if you want to get in a very popular character breakfast.

What do you like doing the most? On our first trip, our daughter was into princesses (Seeping Beauty) so we made sure we had at least 1 dining experience with the princesses (Akershus).

I personally love the fireworks so on our second trip, I scheduled our parks so that we're in the right park in the afternoon. I even made a spreadsheet and had a Plan A and Plan B in case it rains on the night we're planning to watch the fireworks.

As for the rides that stood out to us, my daughter and I loved Soarin'. We probably road it four times during our 5-day stay. Fastpasses are always good but get them early. One time, we got to Toy Story mania close to lunch (not my plan but someone couldn't get up in the morning) and they ran out of fastpasses already!

I do sometimes get OC when it comes to planning vacation but we do take snack breaks and meal breaks to catch our breath and the kids end up falling asleep in their strollers so it all works on in the end. Oh and sometimes the attractions are free like strolling around your hotel. Our kids loved this because we stayed in Pop century and they got a kick out of the bold decor. Hope this helps. Have a magical time! pixiedust:

Also (as corny as it sounds) I would read a couple books about WDW... A book like "The Hidden Magic of WDW" will give you a little bit of a behind-the-scenes look at D-World, and will kind of give you a "heads up" for all the little details that are often overlooked. Knowing what to look for will open your eyes and you will see more details than you ever imagined...you will be blown away, I promise!

I would second this! Having read a book like this, or seeing some of the many documentaries about Disney, Walt or even the fabulous one about the Sherman Brothers (The Boys) can make for excellent conversation topics when you're in line or waiting for a show to start.

Also a fun thing to bring with you is a Hidden Mickey book. Can be a fun way to make the time pass!

My advice is to plan....and I don't mean an hour-by-hour itinerary.

Make an overview itinerary of which park(s) you want to hit each day and plan your dining accordingly. It is super important for you to make your ADRs at 180 days out, especially because you are on DxDP.

I think this is an important distinction to make! So many people shy away from planning and using the DxDP, or any ADRs at all in some cases because they think it will really disrupt the feeling of being on vacation. Having the right ADR's for your day can really set a nice tone for your experience overall. Just as taking some time and planning out a rough idea of what park on what day and what rides/shows will make a world of difference.

For me, I make my ADR's based on where we like/want to eat and build our days that way. Much easier to call and let the CM know "I want to eat at the following places and my trip days are...." and let them do the work!

my advise is try to see bob Jackson at port Orleans riverside its lots of fun kick back have a drink and enjoy the show its more fun if you are there when show starts. its free except for drink tab.:cool1:

It's probably silly...but try to ride the front row on Rock'n'Roller Coaster!:) I think the launch is lots better and more fun there.;)

It's probably silly...but try to ride the front row on Rock'n'Roller Coaster!:) I think the launch is lots better and more fun there.;)
Agreed. Also, I highly recommend the front row on ExE. The view across the world from the end of the tracks is breathtaking -- if your eyes aren't already jammed shut :rotfl2:

mid day naps. Hit rope drop and some popular attractions, go back to the resort in the afternoon for some down time, and head back late at night.

mid day naps. Hit rope drop and some popular attractions, go back to the resort in the afternoon for some down time, and head back late at night.

One caveat to this advice: it only works when the parks are open really late. At different times of the year, the parks close early (usually between 5:00 and 9:00 pm at the latest). If you take an afternoon break when the parks close at, say, 7:00 pm, you use up tons of valuable touring time! I just stay all day, knowing that I can go to bed early and get an early start the next day.

So remember that some of the tips you might hear don't always apply to every situation. It's a good idea to do your research and do what makes the most sense to you.

Honestly havent read all of the other responses, so sorry if this is already out there:

1. Try to catch piano player outside of Casey's.
2. Pirate tutorial
3. Dole whip
4. New Starbucks on Main Street Cherries Jubilee Latte
5.Wander off the beaten path... Really
6. If you get ice cream at parlor on end of Main Street , ask for ears!
7. Talk to CMs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter