You're not GAY... you're NUTZ!

JerJan said:
NO that's the REPUBLICAN PARTY that is leading the decay of our culture!!! :rotfl2:

First off let me say hello to everyone here on this thread and this board. I've lurked for quite awhile and many times I was going to post then thought against it for some reason or another. I find this board very interesting at times and it's always good to get a feel for opinions from different people from different parts of the country. You really seem like nice people and for the most part treat everyone with respect. Now having said hello, I'll get to my point below.

The quote bolded above is stupid, IMO and serves no purpose other to flame and show a political bias which isn't needed on this thread. I'm a independant conservative with a healthy streak of libertarian in me as well. I have voted Republican on many issues and found that comment above almost childish. Come on, I've known people who are Democrats to the core and be against Gay people and their struggle to be treated fairly and equally. I've known a lot of good people that are Republicans and I'm glad that I'm friends with them.

I may not understand every aspect of Homosexuality or agree with some of you on every issue, but I'm open minded on a lot of it. It's my belief that being Gay is something that you're born with and part of your genetic make up. I know some people have been known to "switch teams" (shameless Seinfeld reference) in midlife but I don't think it's a choice as some would say. Is it a sickness or mental illness? I would say no, but I don't have any medical or scientific proof to show me if either side is right. I'm just going by what I feel in my heart. I've debated this over the years with myself and many others and feel that only God himself would only know the answer.

I feel that I'm in no postion to tell others who they can love or be together in some form of marriage or civil union. As long as it doesn't involve a underage person, then what business of it is mine? If you live together with someone you love, pay taxes and bills together, and want to get married with all the protections that it provides, good for you. I don't get the "Democrats are good, Republicans are evil" thing and think it's a bunch of B.S. Just my two cents. Thanks for listening.

Eddie

Quote:
I think I am a fitting person to respond to you because I am very religious, overly traditional, etc. I even agree with part of your last statement that sexual deviancy will lead (let's be honest, it's happening now) to the decay of our culture. However, I do not think that homosexuality is deviant sexual behavior.

NO that's the REPUBLICAN PARTY that is leading the decay of our culture!!! :rotfl2:

DisneyFan67.... I was making a joke in regards to the captioned stament that was made by another poster....you seemed to have left that part out in your rant!

The quote bolded above is stupid, IMO and serves no purpose other to flame and show a political bias which isn't needed on this thread.

Who named you the "thread police" anyway??? And by the way I'm not STUPID.....

I wish I had something of substance to add here, but just want to send out a hug to my peeps: :grouphug: Let us praise the fetal hormones that made us the beautiful people we are.

I started going through and thanking everyone who posted wonderful, supportive things in this thread, but I don't think the boards allow a post that long. To each and every one of you, thank you. You may never know how much your support means to me. It's people like you who are responsible for the progress I see, for the fact that the world today is a much better place for gay people than it was ten years ago. It's your support that gives me hope.

Doctor Pedantic, thank you for sharing your story. That was truly moving.
Discernment, I didn't "choose" to be gay, and you didn't "choose" to be straight. What we can choose, however, is whether to treat everyone -- even people who are different from us, even people with whom we have strong disagreements -- with dignity and respect.
Well said.

JimFitz
Can someone explain the Gay Pride Parades to me?

How can I start a heterosexual parade so I can see some gorgeous blondes in leather?

Actually, all kidding aside, you need to admit that they are over the top and vulgar.
I can try.

For decades, for centuries, gay people whose sexuality was discovered were subject to ridicule, torture, prison, and death. In parts of the world, this is still true, and to a much lesser degree, it's still true here too. Knowing what we face, knowing that we could lose our families, our jobs, our housing, and even our lives, we still come out of the closet and live our lives openly as gay people. Being gay doesn't take courage, anyone can be born gay. But to live openly as a gay person is an act of bravery. Courage in the name of love.

That is why we're proud.

It seems the excesses of some of the gay community offend you. First of all, I urge you to remember that in any population, there will be a percentage of people who engage in relatively extreme activities. I can't explain them, but I'm betting you'd have trouble explaining swingers' clubs, strip clubs, wife-swapping, and the vast majority of the personal ads in my local independent paper.

Motes, beams, eyes, pot, kettle, black... that sort of thing. Can we agree that there's plenty of this behavior on either side of the fence, and that it pretty much balances out?

disneyfan67...
I don't get the "Democrats are good, Republicans are evil" thing and think it's a bunch of B.S. Just my two cents. Thanks for listening.
It's the Republicans who have pushed the anti-gay marriage amendment to the U.S. Constitution during the last two election cycles. It's the Republicans who have gotten state-level amendments passed in over forty states which render gay and lesbians second-class citizens in their state. It's Republicans who pal around with toxic organizations like Focus on the Family and the Family Research Council, which are dedicated to demonizing gay people.

I judge people and organizations based on their actions. And these are the actions of a movement that is dedicated to using myself and the people I love as a wedge to increase their hold on political power. Their stance on gay peoples' rights is cynically calculated to foster hostility and prejudice in order to increase their voting base.

Republicans may not be evil, but they are the enemy.

Oh, and I'd also like to join RickinNYC and wallyb in the roster of Boring Gay Couples.

Matter of fact, the moment I knew that my partner and I were meant for each other was when we discovered that we can both spend hours happily browsing office supply stores.

You just don't get any more boring than that.

I just dont get the Gay Male thing.....two men....hairy, muscles, sweaty....yuck.

Now lesbianism is a different story. :bounce: Two women, shapely, soft, smooth......I get that!!! ;) :woohoo:

MrVisible said:
we can both spend hours happily browsing office supply stores. You just don't get any more boring than that.

You win ... again! :thumbsup2
THAT is boring. ::yes::

But you're wicked smart. ;)

Hey! We're boring, too! A great evening for us is when the kids are all in good moods and not fighting with each other, and they all go to bed early enough for us to watch America's Next Top Model or Kathy Griffin's Life on the D List before drifting off to sleep ourselves....

Oh, and we also love our Costco trips.

JimFitz said:
I just dont get the Gay Male thing.....two men....hairy, muscles, sweaty....yuck.

Now lesbianism is a different story. :bounce: Two women, shapely, soft, smooth......I get that!!! ;) :woohoo:

Perhaps you should give it a rest.

MrVisible-

OMG!! I could SOOO spend thousands of dollars in Office Max!!! DH and I LOVE that store. :teeth:

JimFitz:
Quote:
Actually, all kidding aside, you need to admit that they are over the top and vulgar.

As if heteros are never "over the top & vulgar". I think that picketing funerals is not only "over the top & vulgar" but also inhuman.

...and have you ever been to WDW during Obnoxious Cheerleader week?...but then again, that seems to be your thing. ;)

Doctor Pedantic said:
Hey! We're boring, too! A great evening for us is when the kids are all in good moods and not fighting with each other, and they all go to bed early enough for us to watch America's Next Top Model or Kathy Griffin's Life on the D List before drifting off to sleep ourselves....

Oh, and we also love our Costco trips.

Hey, now... this gives me an idea.

Ex Cast Member said:
JimFitz:
Quote:

As if heteros are never "over the top & vulgar". I think that picketing funerals is not only "over the top & vulgar" but also inhuman.

...and have you ever been to WDW during Obnoxious Cheerleader week?...but then again, that seems to be your thing. ;)

Cheerleaders!?? popcorn:: :stir:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter