zip-a-de-do-dah, tip for the day

If you are traveling in a group (family, friends etc) be sure to schedule "apart time" as well as "together time". We've found that everyone has different wants and expectations for a group trip. (Not to mention the heat can effect people's ability to get along;) Remember a group trip is about fun--and making memories.

Could someone please tell me where to get this Hidden Mickey book? My husband and I are obsessed with these things and would love to know where to look!

I'm singing the song...Zip a dee do dah, hmm hmm, tip for to-day! Wow, 12 more days, WOO WEE!!

Take an empty suitcase (or two or three) so that when you do overshop - you have someplace to pack all of it :)
Also, the big plastic shopping bags that they sell around WDW for about $2 are great for carrying fragile items on to the plane with you (at least they use to be before airport security was beefed up, so check first to see if you are able to.)

USE FASTPASS!!! I could not believe how many people seemed to have no knowledge or understanding of this.

Also, if you refuse to use fastpass, don't yell ugly things at the people who pass you while you wait in the 60 minute stand-by line!

If you are ok with a drive the Super Wal Mart is great for room supplies(i.e sandwichs and drinks)

We drive down so I pack a tote with our snacking items. This then gives us a laundry basket to put dirty laundry in. If I don't do laundry while we are there then it comes home in the tote. Our souviners in our suit case. If I do laundry then we use the tote to pack our souviners in.

Put your name and some other information(phone number, resort name, etc.)on rolls of film, cameras, camcorders, walkie-talkies, anything you might set down and forget to pick up. That way if you do leave it behind it will find its way back to you. We found a camera in the Country Bear Jamboree and a 2 way radio on the monorail. "When the doors open, please gather your belongings and take small children by the hand...."

Oh yeah-I thought of another one. Offer to take other people's pictures for them-especially if there is only 2 people in their group. I can't tell you how many smiles and thank you's I got when I did this. I just wish someone would have offered to take a picture of the 4 of us together:(

Just so you know- they DO let you take the shopping bags on the plane with you!! We had one really stuffed when we were there in January & there were no issues- I think that it was too big, they might not let you bring it that full if it's a full flight, ours wasn't that crowded- I think they will let you bring as long as its size is within the carry on baggage. (we had a huge snowglobe box plus a bunch of other stuff so... a normal person should be in the clear!!) Have fun!!:D

I always pack my children's clothes in ziploc bags. I include everything from their shorts and shirts to underwear, socks, and hair ribbons. It can be hectic in the morning when we are trying to get ready. This helps. They know they can pick out a bag and everything is there for them. It also makes them feel like they are getting to pick out their own clothes. I also do a bag with swimwear. You can include their suit, coverup, sunglasses and water wings. Now, if only I could find jumbo bags so I could pack my husband's clothes the same way!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey luvmk--they have jumbo(2.5 gallon)bags in the camping section at Walmart. I thought about using those for DH, too;)

Make sure to stop at Ice Station Cool in Epcot. Not only is it a nice place to cool off, but you get a chance to taste different coke products from around the world.

BEWARE of the Beverly ;) You HAVE to try it atleast once. My favorite is the watermelon soda - I believe it is from Japan, but can't remember for sure.

My son lost his park hopper pass, but I had the receipt with the # on it and was able to get another. No problem. So keep a copy of receipt or back of card.

Fast Pass rules!

Don't miss Fantasmic

Bring lots of money for food. Expensive.

I loved every minute of the 8 days I was just there!

For everyone who can't resist purchasing all thing Disney, check to see if your Resort Hotel has a Parcel Post Office. If so you can ship the overflow home. We are members of the Disney Vacation Club and were told we could get a discount using our DVC card.

And by all means SMILE.
BarbaraK

My tip for the day would be....

Visit the Barber shop on main street and have your kids get their hair trimmed! This was the highlight of our MK day and my children are 10 & 15! It was just so much fun- they both had their hair cut and colored gel applied and were sprinkled with "pixie dust". We got great photos and my DH even gave in and had his hair done too! Everywhere we went after that, people (guests and CMs)commented about their hair! :D

It's usually easier to find an empty table upstairs at Columbia Harbor House in MK and Pizza Planet in MGM.

just thought of another tip:

make sure you have some shiny pennies & a film canister of quarters for the squished penny machines. Great souveniors!

:smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter