zip-a-de-do-dah, tip for the day

print out address labels before you leave home,
for friends & family you will want to send postcards to

bring stamps for postcards so you don't have to take
time to buy them.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

WHAT IS BEVERLY

A CM steered us toward the Ice Machine. When we got to the Coke area, I didn't try any, cause I don't like Coke to begin with. When I walked out of the place, my feet stuck :tongue: YUK!:tongue:

When you're getting ready in the morning, tune to Channel 19 (if your staying at a WDW resort). Besides the useful info on the screen, it also fills the room with great Disney songs. Great way for my wife and I to get ready to visit the parks.

Donbob95

FYI, when we were recently at WDW (why did we have to come home?? I guess to make more money so that we can go back!!) my wife and I saw several locations throughout the parks and resorts that sold special books to put your pennies in after you run them through the penny mashing machine (sorry, don't know what they are actually called). Looked like a very convienient way to store them and display them.

Donbob95

Zip-a-dee-doo-da-tip-for-today!

Go to the parks early (opening) leave for a break (after lunch) and go back in the afternoon (about 4). Everyone tends to be happier and full of energy. :bounce: :bounce:

And yes, "GET THOSE FASSPASSES"

Epcot's World Showcase passports are a great way for kids to tour. Also kids can get a face mask to decorate and each country adds a stamp and attachment. Passports are $10 - masks are free. Lots of opportunities for kids to interact with citizens from other nations as they decorate masks and put stamps in the passports.

My top 5 tips....

1. Buy those paper toilet covers for your children especially girls.
2. If you are traveling with strollers in the parks buy bike locks so no one will steal it.
3. prebuy toys and glow in the dark junk for your children (@ walmart)
4. Get there VERY EARLY!!!!!!!!
5. If you are a AAA member get your hopper tickets from them they are cheaper than Disney themselves.

Another tip for counter service:

Each server taking orders and money should have two lines, and they serve customers alternatively from the two lines. If you ever come to wait and find only one line, just go to the front, start another line, and they will serve you next. Sometimes they get just too busy to tell people to form another line.

p.s. I've never had the nerve to do this, although my daughter did once, and it worked!

Ann.

Ask the monorail attendants if you can sit up front with the driver. We do this several times each trip!

Someone asked about the Hidden Mickey's book. When my sister and I went to WDW in Sept. 2001, we went to guest services and asked for the Hidden Mickey's paper. They gave us a photocopied booklet of about 10 pages, and it had Hidden Mickey's mentioned catagorized down to each park, and hotel. We would put a check if we found them, and added any more that we found on the pages.

1.Extra Batteries! (for the camera or mister, etc)
2.Moleskin (for the blisters)
3. Spray deoderant (for your feet,helps to prevent blisters)
4. After sun gel or lotion w/ Aloe Vera in it. Even with sunscreen you can still get a bit red.
5. Shampoo/conditioner for the sun with sunscreen in it. Your head can get very burnt!(not fun either)
6. Good polarized sunglasses! That sun is soooo bright down there!

We bought the booklet for the smashed pennies at OKW,I'm sure you could find them at any park also. They are called Penny prss collection; coins from around the world;Four Parks One World. They hold 42pennies and fold up like a wallet.They are fun to collect from all the parks and resorts.

Originally posted by twinz
Someone asked about the Hidden Mickey's book. When my sister and I went to WDW in Sept. 2001, we went to guest services and asked for the Hidden Mickey's paper. They gave us a photocopied booklet of about 10 pages, and it had Hidden Mickey's mentioned catagorized down to each park, and hotel. We would put a check if we found them, and added any more that we found on the pages.

Wow--hadn't heard of that one before :)
Has anyone else been able to pick up a booklet at Guest Services?

Was that at your resort or MK?

If travelling with a kid still in diapers DO pack the diapers in your suitcase rather than send them ahead or buy them there. As you child uses the diapers, room in your suitcase opens up for souveniers!

Here's my little tip--if you're flying, take along some name/address labels to attach to the little white luggage tags they give you at check in. A great time saver, especially when checking in luggage for a family of four. Beats standing there filling out all those little tags with people glaring at you from the line.For security reasons, we have these printed with our place of employment, not our home address. We can be contacted through this, but its not an open invitation to come on over, our house is empty!

3 tips that really work for us

1--pack in and bring along extra zip lock bags when you go the the parks-they're great to keep wet and dry stuff seperate

2--rather than carry your purchases home on the plane-
if you do most of your shopping at once you might find it cheaper to have everything sent home by the store-
(you pay a shipping charge but save state sales tax)

3--make someones day--if you find yourself with a fastpass that you or your group might not be using--give it to someone already
waiting on the line

:D ;) :) ;)

Watch the disney info station, but don't keep it on too long, like falling asleep with it still on. Some of the other people in the room might have some trouble getting to sleep when all they keep hearing is Zip-a-dee-do-dah, tip for the day. (i know this from experience and i didn't mean to leave it on) ;)

Put the wake-up call on speaker-phone so everybody can enjoy it.

We use wake-up calls for afternoon naps, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter