ª"˜ª¤.¸Official Team May 2014 Thread!¸.¤ª˜"ª

count us in for may

we will be there May 3-10
at Port Orleans Riverside
in a Royal Room

Can't wait

You'll be there for May the 4th!! STAR WARS. Plan your day at HHS on that day!
Added!:goodvibes

We will be staying at Saratoga Springs Resort - May 22-May 30!!!:banana::cloud9:

Added!! ::yes::

You can add us to the list! May 2nd-6th at AS Sports for the Everest 5k! We're then moving on to 5 days at Disneyland as well :)

I need to try the Everest 5k. Maybe next year! Added!:yay:

We are in the very early planning stages for May 2014!

:yay::yay::yay:

It is our 20th Anniversary next year. DH and I planned on a solo trip somewhere tropical, but I mentioned the other day how fun Disney with the kids would be again. He agreed, we can go solo another time.

The only major hitch will be that I need a new van before we go. We will be driving down from Ontario (flights are just way too much over and above what we would spend driving). Last time we took DH's Mazda 6, and while great, it was cramped for 3 older kids. So, if we can swing financing a new van before September, then Disney in May it is!

Our plans are May 11th-17th, at Art of Animation. Yay!

Our evil plan is to give the kids a "trip" brochure for Christmas. Tell them they are coming on our anniversary trip, but we haven't booked yet because we're watching for deals. Then, when we get them in the van and head to the "airport" in May, we'll just sail on to the border and Florida!

Hiya!!! *waves madly*

Please add me! This will be our second trip to WDW and probably the last for a looooonnngg time - I AM SO EXCITED! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Staying at Coronado Springs resort may 12th-26th 2014 with my husband, and children who will be DS(12), DD(11), DS(9), DS(4) and Starbaby DS(18m) when we leave :cool1:

I've heard this thread is a little quiet, how about we get some excited conversation going huh, huh? :hyper: come on people, less than a year to go - we have LOADS to fit in and so little time!

May 17 Pop Century
May 18 - 22 Cruise
May 22 - 26 POR

Can't wait! :cool1:

WOW - take me with you? I don't take up much space :flower3:
Have an amazing time, it's my dream that some day I can go on a WDW cruise. But to sandwich it between two resorts is AWESOME.

One more day of Disney fun added! Driving is so much cheaper then driving. We drive every time from Michigan. (Non stop). It's takes us 20 hrs compared to the 3.5 hr flight.

You may think what's wrong with the guy. :crazy2:

Well flight for the four of us is roughly $1300. Driving cost in gas and food is $600 (round trip). :p

We don't drive. We don't have a car.
However, if we could somehow drive across the pond I'm sure that learning to drive and buying a car would work out cheaper than the extortionate flights from the UK! :rotfl: :rotfl:

So, who else is hoping to catch SWW?

We got lucky last time. We had read that May was a good time to go; it costs a little less and the crowds were supposed to be lower (I think). It was only after booking that we realised we'd caught SWW and I was about to become an AWESOME mum as my children are all Star Wars nuts :woohoo:
Now they all really want to go back and understand that if we did, we might not get as lucky. They don't know we've booked (It's going to be their Christmas surprise!) but I know that secretly they would hope to get it again.

We are going April 30th-May8th. Nothing booked yet. Waiting for a good promo to come out. We stayed at the All Star Sports last year and my hubby and son loved so they want to stay there again.

Jumping in for May 2014. Hoping to book next week. May 14-20th at POR

YAY!!! added!:goodvibes

We are in the very early planning stages for May 2014!

Our plans are May 11th-17th, at Art of Animation. Yay!
You have an awesome plan!! Driving is HELLA cheaper! How long was the drive from Ontario? We live in Michigan and it takes us 20 hours straight with rest stops and meals. Added! :)

Hiya!!! *waves madly*

Please add me! This will be our second trip to WDW and probably the last for a looooonnngg time - I AM SO EXCITED! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Staying at Coronado Springs resort may 12th-26th 2014 with my husband, and children who will be DS(12), DD(11), DS(9), DS(4) and Starbaby DS(18m) when we leave :cool1:

I've heard this thread is a little quiet, how about we get some excited conversation going huh, huh? :hyper: come on people, less than a year to go - we have LOADS to fit in and so little time!

All the way from UK!!! AWESOME! Family of seven! I given you tons of credit!
Added! party:

We are going April 30th-May8th. Nothing booked yet. Waiting for a good promo to come out. We stayed at the All Star Sports last year and my hubby and son loved so they want to stay there again.

All Star Sport is such a great deal for a resort! If I had boys I would stay there as well! Added!:ccat:

I've only recently heard about Cape May, what makes it so good? I've not heard a single bad word against it!

OMG ITS AWESOME!!! Especially if you like seafood! We try to go to as many TS and QS as possible with the DDP. So since were going for 15 nights we get 15 TS and QS. We make a habit of going to some staple places as well. Just to name a few.

-Cinderella's Royal Table (Dinner)(2 TS per head)
-Cape May (Dinner)
-Boma (Dinner)
-Akershus Royal Banquet (Dinner)
-Hollywood and Vine (Breakfast)
-O'Hana (Breakfast and Dinner)
-Kona Cafe (Dinner)
-1900 Park Fare ( Dinner and Breakfast)
-Via Napoli (Dinner)
-Chef Mickeys (Dinner)
-Be Our Guest (Dinner and Lunch)

All of these are MUST DO's for us! :disrocks:

OMG ITS AWESOME!!! Especially if you like seafood! We try to go to as many TS and QS as possible with the DDP. So since were going for 15 nights we get 15 TS and QS. We make a habit of going to some staple places as well. Just to name a few.

-Cinderella's Royal Table (Dinner)(2 TS per head)
-Cape May (Dinner)
-Boma (Dinner)
-Akershus Royal Banquet (Dinner)
-Hollywood and Vine (Breakfast)
-O'Hana (Breakfast and Dinner)
-Kona Cafe (Dinner)
-1900 Park Fare ( Dinner and Breakfast)
-Via Napoli (Dinner)
-Chef Mickeys (Dinner)
-Be Our Guest (Dinner and Lunch)

All of these are MUST DO's for us! :disrocks:

We got free QS dining with our booking which is *amazing* as last time we went we didn't. We did pay for the QSDP though and were glad of it - as it was our first trip to WDW we didn't want to be tied to ADRs, but it was good to know we wouldn't run out of money for food! :laughing:

This time I'm trying to convince DH that upgrading to DDP would be worth it. As a family of 7 it would be great to fit in as many character meets at restaurants as possible, plus two of our children will now eat as adults but likely wont eat an adult portion IYKWIM, so can share with the smaller two. It's quite a price hike though, considering we weren't sure we could even afford to go for some time. But as it's our last while we have children, I just want to make it as special as possible.

Thank you SO MUCH for your list of top eateries :) Most of them are on the dream list I'm compiling! I soooo hope we can do them.

So, who else is hoping to catch SWW?

We will be there May 22 - 26 for SWW. My son (23) has wanted to go for SWW forever so since we are taking our first disney cruise from May 17 - 22 I surprised him and made plans to stay for the weekend.

I know he will flip out and I have to say I am just as excited to see everything. Is it really a madhouse or can it be somewhat reasonable? With all the rumors going around about supposed changes to DHS I hope they don't change anything for SWW.

We attended SWW this past May and yes. It was a madhouse! Granted we were there the first Friday and apparently that's very crowded because collectors want the limited edition merchandise.

The oldest three kids attended the parade and other SWW activities. They were in place an hour before the big parade started and still couldn't see much. Hubby and I toured the park with our youngest (she has special needs and no interest in Star Wars) and lines were horrendous. 120 minutes plus for Toy Story Mania for example.

We will be there the same week in May next year and the kids do NOT want to do the SWW activities again. We're going to pick a different park to visit that Friday!! And that's saying a lot because my oldest son LOVES Star Wars! It was just too crowded.

We were at WDW May 22-29 this year. I mistakenly scheduled our DHS day during SWW and regret it still. We were there for rope drop and rode ToT and RnRC first thing. After that, the park was a madhouse. The street crowds weren't bad but the lines for all of the attractions were horrendous and dining was a disaster. We left the park after our awful ADR at Play n Dine on Hollywood n Vine. We arrived to the ADR 30 min early and were seated an hour after our reservation time. The kids were starving after waiting 1:30 for lunch and cranky. The adults were angry because we thought we planned well and it was turning into a fiasco. We left DHS by 1:30. It was the absolute worst day of the trip. The only thing that came a close 2nd was walking into the MK for the 24 hour all nighter on May 24th just before the fireworks started. That was just scary. I've never seen main st like that and hope to never experience it again.
Back to the point. If you are going to SWW with children then be prepared! Expect long wait times for everything! Have a back up plan if you guys decide to bail on the original plan. If you're prepared and don't mind hour long waits then you'll have fun. Good luck!

We'll be over as a family again next May. Staying May 1st through May 22nd at Saratoga Springs Resort.

See you all there. :thumbsup2

Resort Lists and Dates

All-Star Movies
Early May (dates yet to be determined) -adiddy2231

All-Star Music

All-Star Sports
4/30 - 5/9 Sweetncheesy
5/2 - 5/6 cfw213

Art of Animation Resort
5/8 - 5/11 hsmamainva
5/11 - 5/17 Skjhjb
5/30 - 6/7 brennicksmom

Bay Lake Tower

Beach Club Resort/Villas
5/14 - 5/22 crepemyrtle

Boardwalk Inn/Villas

Caribbean Beach

Contemporary Resort
5/23-5/28 witchesbrew

Coronado Springs
5/6 - 5/13 Mommy2PrincessAbby
5/12 - 5/26 Sundancer UK

Ft. Wilderness Cabins/Campground

Grand Floridian Resort

Old Key West Resort

Polynesian Resort

Pop Century Resort
5/17 cadale
5/28 - 6/2 im4kycats
5/27 - 6/7 melnbil

Port Orleans Riverside
5/3 - 5/10 dellasgirl
5/4 - 5/11 dixielandfan73
5/14 - 5/20 MomToAp1699
5/18 - 5/22 cadale
5/28 - 6/3 kansasdisneygal

Port Orleans French Quarter
5/10 - 5/24 Aatif911
5/28 - 6/6 Sevenfifty

Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Treehouse Villas
5/22 - 5/30 dbprimeaux

Wilderness Lodge/Villas

Yacht Club Resort

Shades Of Green

Swan/Dolphin

Offsite
5/3 - 5/10 Missy29 staying at Windsor Hills
5/11- 5/18 hsmamainva staying at Sandy Ridge

Planning a trip
5/3 - 5/9 Eisforpants

Will you add me? We are planning May 17-27 at the Polynesian. Thanks!

Planning our trip for 5/23- 6/1. I will have to get back to you at the seven month mark for the resorts. Keeping my fingers crossed for beach club :thumbsup2. we shall see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter