ª"˜ª¤.¸Official Team May 2014 Thread!¸.¤ª˜"ª

GPS says its 17 hours (nonstop) but we spend 2+ hours for breaks, food, and refuel. The fastest it we got there was in 19 hours and 30 minutes. We drive straight through.

I might have to private message you about the DVC resale. You have my interest level on high again :laughing:

I am impressed, how in the world do your children handle the drive? My kids had enough when we drove to HHI this year, we had to stay over night each way to break up the 11 hour drive.

Sure thing, we love our DVC membership. Send me a PM.

FIRST TRIP!! Thats super exciting!!:woohoo:
CBR is such an awesome resort to stay at. Added!:banana:

Resort hopping is the best! We always go to other resorts to eat and check out the ambiance.
Must see resorts and if you have time, places to eat at the resorts.

GF- 1900 Park Fare
PR - Ohana, Kona Cafe
CR- Chef Mickeys, California Grill
AKL - Boma
BCR- Cape May
AOA- Landscape of Flavors food court

Thanks! I know that a few of those are on my list! :thumbsup2 Just wanted to add, you add me to the wrong one. We are staying at Carribean! Thanks a bunch!! :yay:

I am impressed, how in the world do your children handle the drive? My kids had enough when we drove to HHI this year, we had to stay over night each way to break up the 11 hour drive.

Sure thing, we love our DVC membership. Send me a PM.

Well.... For us, they were 16, 14 & 11 when we went. Sadly, we only had dh's Mazda 6, so quarters were a tad cramped. Any time we stopped we rotated spots. It wasn't bad, but we wouldn't do it again in the car. We are on the hunt for a new mini van for me & my cake business, so we'll have lots of space for the next run!!

DH is seriously on the sceptical list about going in 2014, but now that I have the bug we are GOING!

I can't seem to stop from searching and reading all the POR threads here!!

Well.... For us, they were 16, 14 & 11 when we went. Sadly, we only had dh's Mazda 6, so quarters were a tad cramped. Any time we stopped we rotated spots. It wasn't bad, but we wouldn't do it again in the car. We are on the hunt for a new mini van for me & my cake business, so we'll have lots of space for the next run!!

DH is seriously on the sceptical list about going in 2014, but now that I have the bug we are GOING!

I can't seem to stop from searching and reading all the POR threads here!!

I love your positive outlook that you are GOING!!! :cheer2:
Here's hoping you start to make some plans to go and good luck on the search for a minivan. We keep debating if we should get one or not. What models are you looking at?

I love your positive outlook that you are GOING!!! :cheer2:
Here's hoping you start to make some plans to go and good luck on the search for a minivan. We keep debating if we should get one or not. What models are you looking at?

Thanks!

I currently have a 2004 ford freestar, ac is gone and rust is starting to really take off. Not a good vehicle for cake deliveries any more! We are looking at a grand caravan. DH was thinking the Volkswagen routan was more bang for the buck mileage and year wise. But I'm not sold on the second row not being stow & go. I need maximum space for 10 to 12 cakes when I do a wedding show, so I'd prefer the caravan. Payment amounts are a factor too....I'd prefer to keep between $50 & $60 weekly, so Honda and Toyota are out for sure!

I'm totally committed to making this trip happen!

We'll be there too! May 8 - 18th, staying off site at Bluegreens The Fountains. We'll be there for my youngest sons 4th birthday (his 1st time) and my oldests 7th birthday (his 2nd time). We are all SO excited I don't know how I'm gonna wait 9 months! At least it's booked and I know it's gonna happen. :cool1:

We'll be there too! May 8 - 18th, staying off site at Bluegreens The Fountains. We'll be there for my youngest sons 4th birthday (his 1st time) and my oldests 7th birthday (his 2nd time). We are all SO excited I don't know how I'm gonna wait 9 months! At least it's booked and I know it's gonna happen. :cool1:

We'll be there May 8-18, too! Welcome! pixiedust:

Thanks!

I currently have a 2004 ford freestar, ac is gone and rust is starting to really take off. Not a good vehicle for cake deliveries any more! We are looking at a grand caravan. DH was thinking the Volkswagen routan was more bang for the buck mileage and year wise. But I'm not sold on the second row not being stow & go. I need maximum space for 10 to 12 cakes when I do a wedding show, so I'd prefer the caravan. Payment amounts are a factor too....I'd prefer to keep between $50 & $60 weekly, so Honda and Toyota are out for sure!

I'm totally committed to making this trip happen!

I just noticed you will be celebrating your 20th anniversary!! Congratulations.
How did you like staying at the Poly. DD wants to stay there so bad but with us now being DVC members I am not sure if that will happen anytime soon.

Waiting is sometimes the hardest part isnt it?? But it'll be here before you know it. Added :)

Not booked yet, but we're planning for May 1st-7th at All Star Sports! :yay:
I started mental planning before out last trip (Dec. '12) was even over! :rotfl2: I'll probably have planned and re-planned this trip 20 times before May, but that's half the fun!

So excited! Just booked a stay for our family of four at BWV for May 10-17. I've only ever been to WDW in July, so I am looking forward to parks with smaller crowds! :)

Joining!!!! Haven't booked yet but planning on May 17th to the 24th at POR. I just now realized that's the start of Star Wars Weekend. Hubby will enjoy it for sure, but how will crowds in the other parks be? We picked that week for low crowds, are we gonna be disappointed? Thanks

Not booked yet, but we're planning for May 1st-7th at All Star Sports! :yay:
I started mental planning before out last trip (Dec. '12) was even over! :rotfl2: I'll probably have planned and re-planned this trip 20 times before May, but that's half the fun!

Mental planning is so essential, from the minute you start to think about booking another trip. We already have a itinerary written down, because of dining reservations. Added :)

So excited! Just booked a stay for our family of four at BWV for May 10-17. I've only ever been to WDW in July, so I am looking forward to parks with smaller crowds! :)

Huuuuuge difference in crowd level! As convenient it is to go during the summer due to kids school, its way better to go in April or May (excluding memorial weekend) just for the crowd level. You guys will love it! Added :upsidedow

Joining!!!! Haven't booked yet but planning on May 17th to the 24th at POR. I just now realized that's the start of Star Wars Weekend. Hubby will enjoy it for sure, but how will crowds in the other parks be? We picked that week for low crowds, are we gonna be disappointed? Thanks

Well realistically, yes the crowd levels are going to be low compared to SWW. MK is always busy saturday and sunday. But we still try to go to MK on sunday's because extended magic hour for MK is always on Sundays. Epcot crowds are low to moderate and so is AK. Plan accordingly when you go to SWW. We had to spend 2 full days to meet all the star wars meet and greets. added :wave2:

Subbing in!

We don't have an "official" trip planned as I still have to convince the DH that taking a trip *right* before our DD#2 turns 3 is worth it... but of course I have it all planned out in my head! :rotfl:

If I succeed, we will be at WDW May 22-29... well until June 1st if I really get my way ;) We would leave right after my DD#1 gets out of school for the year and 4 days before DD#2 turns 3!

So for now I'm working my tushy off picking up extra shifts at work so the convincing isn't as hard to do!

AAtif911, you look like you would be an expert on Star Wars weekends. DH is a huge fan and I would like for us to be able to attend at least one day of the event. I am worried about the crowds to try to do more days. What are the must dos for us to get in for one day or should I plan to do more than one day? We will be there over two weekends.

Subbing in!

We don't have an "official" trip planned as I still have to convince the DH that taking a trip *right* before our DD#2 turns 3 is worth it... but of course I have it all planned out in my head! :rotfl:

If I succeed, we will be at WDW May 22-29... well until June 1st if I really get my way ;) We would leave right after my DD#1 gets out of school for the year and 4 days before DD#2 turns 3!

So for now I'm working my tushy off picking up extra shifts at work so the convincing isn't as hard to do!

I'm sure you've priced it out but going to WDW before a child turns 3 is so much cheaper. We're in the same boat. If we went before DD turns 3 then we would be saving close to $900 (for a 2 week trip)

I have to added under still planning, when you have a more concrete reservation then let me know. Added :)

:cheer2: We are taking our 1st trip ever to WDW!! :cheer2: It will just be my hubby and I. We are going May 5-9th. Staying at POP.:thumbsup2

First Trip! YAAAY!!! :smickey:
You guys will have a blast. I always tell first timers, not to over plan things. What I mean is that I'm sure you'll want to set a crazy itinerary to do everything. But if you do that then you're not going to be relaxed. It'll be more of a hectic vacation rather than a relaxed vacation. I would write down the top 5 things to do that day.

Anyways added :)

AAtif911, you look like you would be an expert on Star Wars weekends. DH is a huge fan and I would like for us to be able to attend at least one day of the event. I am worried about the crowds to try to do more days. What are the must dos for us to get in for one day or should I plan to do more than one day? We will be there over two weekends.

Expert :eek: no no no I appreciate the compliment. However I will give you my 2 cents on it hehe.
One day will cover all of the Star Wars meet and greets. But you'll have to start early. Since we have a DD5 and DD2 we spread the meet and greets to 2 days. That way we could also go on rides and shows. Its really neat to see people dressed out in star wars gear as well.
So going back to meet and greet. 80% of them have a spot where you stand in line like usual. the remaining 20% are walking around, like Storm troopers, Clone Troopers, Jawas, Sand people, etc..

Here are a few pics of the randoms who walk around.
http://instagram.com/p/a9pHAsFHnG/
http://instagram.com/p/ae5V9tFHhx/
http://instagram.com/p/aenF-BFHnM/
http://instagram.com/p/aemzkpFHmi/
http://instagram.com/p/aeWgzEFHtr/

Star Tours is always always busy during SWW, for obvious reasons. So with the option of picking 3 fast pass+ rides/shows, I would pic, Toy story mania, Star tours, and Tower of Terror.

I hope that kinda answered your question. If you have any further questions please let me know. :)

Expert :eek: no no no I appreciate the compliment. However I will give you my 2 cents on it hehe.
One day will cover all of the Star Wars meet and greets. But you'll have to start early. Since we have a DD5 and DD2 we spread the meet and greets to 2 days. That way we could also go on rides and shows. Its really neat to see people dressed out in star wars gear as well.
So going back to meet and greet. 80% of them have a spot where you stand in line like usual. the remaining 20% are walking around, like Storm troopers, Clone Troopers, Jawas, Sand people, etc..

Here are a few pics of the randoms who walk around.
http://instagram.com/p/a9pHAsFHnG/
http://instagram.com/p/ae5V9tFHhx/
http://instagram.com/p/aenF-BFHnM/
http://instagram.com/p/aemzkpFHmi/
http://instagram.com/p/aeWgzEFHtr/

Star Tours is always always busy during SWW, for obvious reasons. So with the option of picking 3 fast pass+ rides/shows, I would pic, Toy story mania, Star tours, and Tower of Terror.

I hope that kinda answered your question. If you have any further questions please let me know. :)

I keep wondering how Magic + is going to work with ADRs, then to throw Star Wars weekend planning into the mix for May. I need to start thinking/planning. Thanks for the advice. I will have to see how DD7 will take to it all. I know DH will love every moment of it and who knows how DS3 will do.

I keep wondering how Magic + is going to work with ADRs, then to throw Star Wars weekend planning into the mix for May. I need to start thinking/planning. Thanks for the advice. I will have to see how DD7 will take to it all. I know DH will love every moment of it and who knows how DS3 will do.

Well what we did was, got an ADR for breakfast at Hollywood and vine.. I'm not a breakfast person, but I liked it a alot. The kids get to meet Disney junior characters. THen waited till dinner and ate at ABC Commasary or Backlot express.
As you said you have to feel out the kids. One day of SWW might be enough, or they might be begging for more.

I forgot to mention, Hollywood studios also meet and greet with movie actors or voice actors for some of movies/ cartoons. For example they had James Arnold Taylor, Ashley Eckstein, Ray Park, Warwick Davis, and more..
But they only way you can get to meet them is if you come early early and line up at HS gates. once they let you in you get to stand in a line for a wrist band for meet that person. Kinda cool! But I couldnt get up that early, plus the kids dont care that much.... yet.. hehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter