ª"˜ª¤.¸Official Team May 2014 Thread!¸.¤ª˜"ª

WOW - take me with you? I don't take up much space :flower3:.

This is a dream trip for us. A little nervous as we are all first timer cruisers but we have been talking about going on one for a few years. Couldn't talk my daughter into it though - she's had friends who have had really bad experiences on other cruise ships. So it will just be me, DH, DS, DDIL. Really looking forward to it. We know it will already be hot and humid but it will be worth it. :)

DisneyMommaToTwo and hsmamainva:

As for SWW, my son and I have checked out all the videos from the last couple years and the reports from folks about the crowds. He has decided his main goal is a picture with Chewie, Darth Vader, Ewoks, then whoever else he manages to get. We aren't worried about rides that day. It will be fun to see the hoopla show they do at night but if we don't get to it that is fine. I will actually be more interested to see if my son gets up at 6 am to get in line for park opening - he is definetly not my early riser :rotfl2:.

We'll be over as a family again next May. Staying May 1st through May 22nd at Saratoga Springs Resort.

See you all there. :thumbsup2

Daaaaang!! 22 days one Disney Property!!! Im uber jealous!! Added :earsboy:

Will you add me? We are planning May 17-27 at the Polynesian. Thanks!

LOOOOOOOVE the Polynesian resort! Especially Kona Cafe, O'hana, and even Captain cooks! (self serving Dole whip station)
Added! :stitch2:

Planning our trip for 5/23- 6/1. I will have to get back to you at the seven month mark for the resorts. Keeping my fingers crossed for beach club :thumbsup2. we shall see.

YAY!!! I hear you about changing resorts, we keep contimplating between POFQ, CBR, and CSR. I've added you on for BCR, but let me know if that changes and I'll gladly switch it. :mickeybar

So, who else is hoping to catch SWW?

We will be there May 22 - 26 for SWW. My son (23) has wanted to go for SWW forever so since we are taking our first disney cruise from May 17 - 22 I surprised him and made plans to stay for the weekend.

I know he will flip out and I have to say I am just as excited to see everything. Is it really a madhouse or can it be somewhat reasonable? With all the rumors going around about supposed changes to DHS I hope they don't change anything for SWW.

We attended SWW this past May and yes. It was a madhouse! Granted we were there the first Friday and apparently that's very crowded because collectors want the limited edition merchandise.

The oldest three kids attended the parade and other SWW activities. They were in place an hour before the big parade started and still couldn't see much. Hubby and I toured the park with our youngest (she has special needs and no interest in Star Wars) and lines were horrendous. 120 minutes plus for Toy Story Mania for example.

We will be there the same week in May next year and the kids do NOT want to do the SWW activities again. We're going to pick a different park to visit that Friday!! And that's saying a lot because my oldest son LOVES Star Wars! It was just too crowded.

We were at WDW May 22-29 this year. I mistakenly scheduled our DHS day during SWW and regret it still. We were there for rope drop and rode ToT and RnRC first thing. After that, the park was a madhouse. The street crowds weren't bad but the lines for all of the attractions were horrendous and dining was a disaster. We left the park after our awful ADR at Play n Dine on Hollywood n Vine. We arrived to the ADR 30 min early and were seated an hour after our reservation time. The kids were starving after waiting 1:30 for lunch and cranky. The adults were angry because we thought we planned well and it was turning into a fiasco. We left DHS by 1:30. It was the absolute worst day of the trip. The only thing that came a close 2nd was walking into the MK for the 24 hour all nighter on May 24th just before the fireworks started. That was just scary. I've never seen main st like that and hope to never experience it again.
Back to the point. If you are going to SWW with children then be prepared! Expect long wait times for everything! Have a back up plan if you guys decide to bail on the original plan. If you're prepared and don't mind hour long waits then you'll have fun. Good luck!

As for as SWW goes. This year was our first time attending SWW. Were were there for three of the 5 weekends. We were warned by a friend who was a cast member, that we need to plan for crowds. The first weekend is always busy, because like hsmamainva said the collectors want the limited edition stuff.

But when we went the two weekends after, it was a little better. We got seated 90 min before the parade to get good views. btw if you ever decide to go to the 501 parade and want to get good seats, sit on the left side when your walking into the park. Reason, you don't get hit up the hot sun. btw here is a pic of the where we sat for the parade.

http://instagram.com/p/acU-4kFHtQ/

Also we spent over half the time with getting in line for Star Wars meet and greet and utilized the remaining of the time at shows to cool off.

I suppose you have to be patient when there are special events like this. I will still recommend SWW to people. If you have any questions please let me know. I would love to answer and help you.

If you interested in seeing more pics then follow me on Instagram, my ID is "Aatif911" you might have to scroll down to the month of May and June. :ewok:

And the winds of change have blown my way again. Looks like we are going in the fall instead :( darn standardiZed testing falls on our may dates

Can I join too :D? May 17 - 31/2014, POFQ :D.

Of course you can join :lmao: added :)

And the winds of change have blown my way again. Looks like we are going in the fall instead :( darn standardiZed testing falls on our may dates

awww.. I'm sorry to hear that. Well at least if you can plan for fall and maybe around food and wine! I loved Food and Wine!!! removed from listing.. :sad1:

im so excited!! i booked our trip for
May 13-17 staying at Art of Animation
my fiance has been once when he was younger but had a horrible time but it will be the first time for me and my DD3!!:cheer2:

im so excited!! i booked our trip for
May 13-17 staying at Art of Animation
my fiance has been once when he was younger but had a horrible time but it will be the first time for me and my DD3!!:cheer2:

First time!! YAY!!!:mickeyjum
First off, You and your daughter will looooove it! As for you fiancé, make him watch some of the Food Network specials on Disney World! OMG thats what got me hooked, then I just fell in love with anything Disney! pixiedust:

Here is my favorite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjEQXEUi1n4

Congrats btw!

Can we join in the fun in planning a May 2014 trip from Pittsburgh, PA?

This will be our second trip to WDW in May, last trip was May 2010 while I was five months pregnant.

This trip will be to celebrate my birthday May 17th, our 10 year wedding anniversary May 22nd and DH birthday on May 24th. It will be the four of us making this trip. We have never done a Star Wars weekend and are hoping to give it a try.

We are currently booked May 18-25 at BLT. Hoping to switch to BC when our seven month window opens up. And depending on airfare, we may add at day on May 17th either at BC, AOA or POR Royal Room.

8th - 23rd May @ CSR for our DISNEYMOON! So excited!!

What a great place to spend the honeymoon!!! Congrats in advance!!!
Added! :bride:

Can we join in the fun in planning a May 2014 trip from Pittsburgh, PA?

This will be our second trip to WDW in May, last trip was May 2010 while I was five months pregnant.

This trip will be to celebrate my birthday May 17th, our 10 year wedding anniversary May 22nd and DH birthday on May 24th. It will be the four of us making this trip. We have never done a Star Wars weekend and are hoping to give it a try.

We are currently booked May 18-25 at BLT. Hoping to switch to BC when our seven month window opens up. And depending on airfare, we may add at day on May 17th either at BC, AOA or POR Royal Room.

Yay!!! Im sure you know this but there have been tons of changes since your last trip from 2010. All for the better of course. Of the three I have to say I like the Royal rooms at POP. But BLT is so convenient to a lot of amenities.
Let me know if theres a change in you resort reservation. Added. pooh:

YAY!!! added!:goodvibes

You have an awesome plan!! Driving is HELLA cheaper! How long was the drive from Ontario? We live in Michigan and it takes us 20 hours straight with rest stops and meals. Added! :)

! Added!:ccat:

I think last year we made it to Charlotte our first da...15 hours...then Orlando by 4:00 next day. All told about 20 I think!

And change of plans... Aiming for POR with a Murphy bed...smaller room than POLY last year, but its only for sleeping!

Yay!!! Im sure you know this but there have been tons of changes since your last trip from 2010. All for the better of course. Of the three I have to say I like the Royal rooms at POP. But BLT is so convenient to a lot of amenities.
Let me know if theres a change in you resort reservation. Added. pooh:

We are so spoiled when we stay at BLT especially since we are still using a double stroller. Nothing like not having to break it down for the monorail.
I guess I was a little confusing when I talked about our May 2014 trip, our last trip in May was 2010. Our last trip to WDW was January 2013 and then we will be headed there again January 2014 and then this trip in May 2014. We are very lucky and thanks to being DVC members we get to go multiple times a year.

We are so spoiled when we stay at BLT especially since we are still using a double stroller. Nothing like not having to break it down for the monorail.
I guess I was a little confusing when I talked about our May 2014 trip, our last trip in May was 2010. Our last trip to WDW was January 2013 and then we will be headed there again January 2014 and then this trip in May 2014. We are very lucky and thanks to being DVC members we get to go multiple times a year.

I apologize I must of read it wrong. Thats awesome thought!! Im jealous of the multiple trips hehe. DW and I keep debating if we want to invest of DVC membership.
I do agree about the double stroller nonsense. Its a pain in the but to fold and carry. Fortunately we drive down from Michigan so we use our car to travel around WDW instead of the buses. We do however make it a habit of riding the monorail from MK to Polynesian, GF, and CR for food (Ohana, chef mickeys, 1900 park fare, etc..)

I think last year we made it to Charlotte our first da...15 hours...then Orlando by 4:00 next day. All told about 20 I think!

And change of plans... Aiming for POR with a Murphy bed...smaller room than POLY last year, but its only for sleeping!

Made the change from AOA to POR.

Hiya!!! *waves madly*

Please add me! This will be our second trip to WDW and probably the last for a looooonnngg time - I AM SO EXCITED! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Staying at Coronado Springs resort may 12th-26th 2014 with my husband, and children who will be DS(12), DD(11), DS(9), DS(4) and Starbaby DS(18m) when we leave :cool1:

I've heard this thread is a little quiet, how about we get some excited conversation going huh, huh? :hyper: come on people, less than a year to go - we have LOADS to fit in and so little time!

We'll be there around the same time as you... The ones with our honeymoon ears on! We're flying from Manchester, our first time at CSR. How about you? SO EXCITED, not long to go now!!

We'll be there around the same time as you... The ones with our honeymoon ears on! We're flying from Manchester, our first time at CSR. How about you? SO EXCITED, not long to go now!!

FANTASTIC!!! *happy dance* I have a resort dates buddy dis-er at last! :laughing: when will you be there? I'll keep an eye out!

I am soooo excited. Well, in truth I swing from panicky almost gloomy, to so buzzing I actually can't even concentrate on reading about it!

:wave: Hi! Planning our first trip! We are staying at the CBR May 18-24 in the pirate rooms! Thinking about doing some resort hopping though. Is it a fairly easy thing to do? There is just so much we want to see and do!!

I apologize I must of read it wrong. Thats awesome thought!! Im jealous of the multiple trips hehe. DW and I keep debating if we want to invest of DVC membership.
I do agree about the double stroller nonsense. Its a pain in the but to fold and carry. Fortunately we drive down from Michigan so we use our car to travel around WDW instead of the buses. We do however make it a habit of riding the monorail from MK to Polynesian, GF, and CR for food (Ohana, chef mickeys, 1900 park fare, etc..)

How long is the drive from MI? I could not imagine doing that drive.

We never thought DVC was in our price range or sensable for us, until we started exploring resales. Only after two weeks of making offers through resale, we made a deal on a BLT resale in 2012 and are so happy we did. Now we are looking ahead to adding points to our contract when our kids get older and studio won't work for our family.

:wave: Hi! Planning our first trip! We are staying at the CBR May 18-24 in the pirate rooms! Thinking about doing some resort hopping though. Is it a fairly easy thing to do? There is just so much we want to see and do!!

FIRST TRIP!! Thats super exciting!!:woohoo:
CBR is such an awesome resort to stay at. Added!:banana:

Resort hopping is the best! We always go to other resorts to eat and check out the ambiance.
Must see resorts and if you have time, places to eat at the resorts.

GF- 1900 Park Fare
PR - Ohana, Kona Cafe
CR- Chef Mickeys, California Grill
AKL - Boma
BCR- Cape May
AOA- Landscape of Flavors food court

How long is the drive from MI? I could not imagine doing that drive.

We never thought DVC was in our price range or sensable for us, until we started exploring resales. Only after two weeks of making offers through resale, we made a deal on a BLT resale in 2012 and are so happy we did. Now we are looking ahead to adding points to our contract when our kids get older and studio won't work for our family.

GPS says its 17 hours (nonstop) but we spend 2+ hours for breaks, food, and refuel. The fastest it we got there was in 19 hours and 30 minutes. We drive straight through.

I might have to private message you about the DVC resale. You have my interest level on high again :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter