͏

In the past, the premium Magic Bands would ship right away after ordering them, even if the trip was months away.

On the order confirmation page, it states that orders will ship within 5-7 business days of ordering.
On the email confirmation page, it states that the estimated delivery is 10 business days prior to your vacation.

Any thoughts or insight on this?

In the past, the premium Magic Bands would ship right away after ordering them, even if the trip was months away.

On the order confirmation page, it states that orders will ship within 5-7 business days of ordering.
On the email confirmation page, it states that the estimated delivery is 10 business days prior to your vacation.

I saw the posts when the Grand Floridian band first became available, before the Covid shutdown, and tried to get them for my January 2021 trip. Sure enough, I got them about two weeks later!

Now, they're not even offering MBs for 2021 trips 😅

Yes, I'm quoting myself. :surfweb:

So I went back in my email. The last time I purchased Magic Bands was on March 1, and the "estimated delivery is 10 business days prior to your vacation" statement is on that email confirmation as well. However, the Magic Bands shipment notification email came on March 3. These were Magic Bands for my original August reservation.

I cancelled the original August reservation and rebooked, and found I was able to order Magic Bands on the new reservation. I recently ordered Magic Bands on June 14th, but I have yet to receive a shipping confirmation.

I don't see how they can wait a long time to ship them though, since the stock changes somewhat frequently.

I have a couple Magic Bands I actually purchased because I liked them. A DVC one and the white one with the gold castle on it. Now I don't know if either would be usable in the years to come. I wouldn't wear the DVC one because I no longer own it, but I do like it for the fun memories I had in the short time I had it. And I may one day jump back in those waters, who knows. I just don't see these bands being any good in 4-5 years.

Ha! My friend got the orange retro one and I got the blue "Mickey castle" one. We have good taste. :)

I picked out those same bands for my daughter and me. LOL. Now to see if they actually show up, as the last time around I paid for the specialty bands, but the resort sent them back before we arrived at the resort. I was never sure why, but I did get a credit for the money I paid.

I saw the posts when the Grand Floridian band first became available, before the Covid shutdown, and tried to get them for my January 2021 trip. Sure enough, I got them about two weeks later!

Now, they're not even offering MBs for 2021 trips 😅
I just made a August 2021 reservation and was offered the complimentary MB’s and a discount on premium ones.

Hmmmm, interesting?
I thought it was interesting too since I was under the impression we weren’t getting free MB’s. I decided to hurry up and place the order for the free ones’s before Disney changed their minds lol.

good news is the passive part (door key, park admisson, touch-less payment, anywhere you tap your MagicBand) has no battery; the active part (remote ride photos like Mine Train) has a battery that stops working in ~2 years

but, if you have a MagicBand 2 (the one with the puck in the middle) you can simply get a new MagicBand with the same color puck (even a cheap one) and just remove the two screws on the back and transplant the pucks; that way you can keep your favorite design (of MagicBand like the Rivera one 😀) working forever; here's a video showing how ...
Hmmmm, might look into that.

I got a shipping confirmation for my Magic Band yesterday. I have ordered for a few different trips, so I'm not sure which one is coming. I think they are just running way behind their normal, but are still sending them out once you order (vs waiting until right before the trip).

Do people think they will have 50th anniversary ones up judging by past anniversaries? Wondering if I should wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter