• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

͏

FYI this morning I got an email saying my magic bands have shipped so I guess the delay really is normal. My concern was if they were sold out of my choice so hopefully we get the ones we requested

FYI this morning I got an email saying my magic bands have shipped so I guess the delay really is normal. My concern was if they were sold out of my choice so hopefully we get the ones we requested
Yep, got the email too!! I don't think they would swap out magicbands. If anything, they would wait for a restock of the ones you've chosen if they sold out.

I'm a bit worried about this too; the MagicBand I picked is no longer an option and I won't know if I got it until I'm on-site in the fall (no international shipping of MagicBands)

the MagicBand (with the serial number) shows-up in My Disney Experience which gives me hope; if I don't get it, maybe the cast member at check-in will work some magic and help me get a cool alternative :D

for the daily updates ...
no change 22 Jul 2020

I bet you will get them then because mine didn’t show up with their serial numbers until today when I got the email that they shipped. I looked yesterday and there was no info on what magic bands I was getting - today they are there with their numbers.

Yep, got the email too!! I don't think they would swap out magicbands. If anything, they would wait for a restock of the ones you've chosen if they sold out.

I just looked at the online version of mde and my magic bands are now listed with their sereal numbers. Yesterday there was no info on what we ordered.

I read somewhere the expected battery life but can't remember where, does anyone have that info? I bought an Alice in Wonderland band 3 or 4 years ago and never got around to using it, it's still in the original packaging, even an inactivated battery would not last that long correct? I'm thinking it is no longer an option to use.

I read somewhere the expected battery life but can't remember where, does anyone have that info? I bought an Alice in Wonderland band 3 or 4 years ago and never got around to using it, it's still in the original packaging, even an inactivated battery would not last that long correct? I'm thinking it is no longer an option to use.
There's a short range NFC chip in there that should last indefinitely. That's the one used for getting into the parks, tapping for room charges, getting into your Disney hotel room, photopass, etc.

There's also a long range RFID chip that does things like show your name on small world. That one lasts about 2 years, but it's also dependent on how long your Magicband was on the shelf before getting it. So people say it's reliable for about 1 year.

If this is one of the original bands, that battery is now dead, and the RFID part won't work anymore. If it's a new band, you can buy a $15 plain magicband of the same base color, and using an eyeglass screwdriver, and swap the pucks. Make sure to register the new puck to your MDE account before using it.

Last edited:
There's a short range NFC chip in there that should last indefinitely. That's the one used for getting into the parks, tapping for room charges, getting into your Disney hotel room, photopass, etc.

There's also a long range RFID chip that does things like show your name on small world. That one lasts about 2 years, but it's also dependent on how long your Magicband was on the shelf before getting it. So people say it's reliable for about 1 year.

If this is one of the original bands, that battery is now dead, and the RFID part won't work anymore. If it's a new band, you can buy a $15 plain magicband of the same base color, and using an eyeglass screwdriver, and swap the pucks. Make sure to register the new puck to your MDE account before using it.
Thanks, much appreciated

I'm supposed to go in November with friends... But because of COVID with might end up cancelling. We already bought Magic Bands that should be waiting for us at our resorts (no shipping since I'm in Canada). If we cancel does Disney refund the Magic Bands? If not what are my options? TIA

Ok so a new Fantasia magic band popped up yesterday, $20. Husband ordered it and his Grumpy band. He received an email for the order. His grumpy one shows up on the pic in the MDE app (he reported his galaxy's edge one as lost) and I deactivated my GE one. No sign of my new one,still lists my GE one saying 1 magicband. It said will take an hour to appear, now we are on the next day. Should I be worried?

We got our special bands yesterday. It only took a couple of weeks.

Ok so a new Fantasia magic band popped up yesterday, $20. Husband ordered it and his Grumpy band. He received an email for the order. His grumpy one shows up on the pic in the MDE app (he reported his galaxy's edge one as lost) and I deactivated my GE one. No sign of my new one,still lists my GE one saying 1 magicband. It said will take an hour to appear, now we are on the next day. Should I be worried?

Just curious--you can have multiple MBs linked to your account, why did you deactivate your Galaxy's Edge one?

So, I'm a bit confoozled. We've gotten the 'plain' bands on our two previous trips. I didn't order them extremely far ahead so they came with the vacation package 'packet'. For next year I want to try and squeeze in under the radar before they start charging for the plain ones OR stop discounting the 'fancy' ones, so I assume I'll have to select them before 12/31/2020.

We're going in May 2021. If I choose the complimentary ones right now via MDE will they be shipped to us now? I was under the impression they were held to be sent out/sent to the resort with the rest of our package documents.

Same question for the 'fancy' ones. If I select via MDE will they be shipped now?

I kind of like the gold castle one, but I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to it. I was thinking of just doing the complimentary ones to try and lock them in for free, then if I completely fell in love with one of the 'fancy' ones I'd upgrade, hopefully before 12/31.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter