•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

How was the 2 BR ????
2BR was really nice. A couple bad notes though - from the living room, there is an open vent into the bedroom with the 2 queens. Makes it seem like the folks sleeping in those two areas are in a big common room - there is little if any noise isolation. Also, from that side of the building you can hear the boat horn every time a boat docks, and the geyser every time it erupts.
On the positive side, the balcony spanned all three rooms, so you end up with 6 chairs and 3 little tables out on the balcony - plenty of room for everyone to enjoy.
We also really enjoyed the dining area - seating for all 8 of us.

2BR was really nice. A couple bad notes though - from the living room, there is an open vent into the bedroom with the 2 queens. Makes it seem like the folks sleeping in those two areas are in a big common room - there is little if any noise isolation. Also, from that side of the building you can hear the boat horn every time a boat docks, and the geyser every time it erupts.
On the positive side, the balcony spanned all three rooms, so you end up with 6 chairs and 3 little tables out on the balcony - plenty of room for everyone to enjoy.
We also really enjoyed the dining area - seating for all 8 of us.

I saw during construction that they were cutting a rectangle above the living room door. I couldn't figure out why they would need one there. It still seems strange to me if sound travels through it. I hate to say it but it reminds me of the door between a 1BR and studio on a lockoff. All the sound from one room travels to the other. At least you know it is your own family instead of strangers. I would write member satisfaction, dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com, and let them know that it just carries noise from one room to the other.

Hi everyone! So happy to have found this thread :tiptoe: We became new DVC owners in November & our UY is June. We had our first stay at WL the week after Thanksgiving and completely fell in love with the resort & the glorious boat ride to & from MK. I booked our first stay yesterday morning - a lovely way to start Christmas Eve - and we will be staying the exact same dates as mrsap (hope you had a great birthday!!) ... Nov 24 - Dec 1, 2018 :santa:

:welcome: and Congrats!!!! Happy you found us!!!! That’s awesome we’re staying the same time!!! Maybe we can do a meet up!! I love Bobba Fett!! It’s an honor to meet his wife!!! LOL I’ll get you right up on the 1st Page!!! And thank you for the birthday wishes!!! Congrats again and...

WELCOME HOME!!!!

Last edited:
Yes, that vent was so strange and annoying! We were in a 1BR and moved to a dedicated 2BR 1/2 way thru trip (when other family members joined us). You could even see light thru that vent, couldn't you, or am I dreaming that?

We loved the large balcony, we preferred that side with the geyser, even with the noise (we were at the end of the hall). When we moved to the 2BR, unfortunately we were on the top floor, with the separate small balconies cut out of the roofline, those are not as nice to me... (that was on other side of hall, facing the new BR pool).

Yes, that vent was so strange and annoying! We were in a 1BR and moved to a dedicated 2BR 1/2 way thru trip (when other family members joined us). You could even see light thru that vent, couldn't you, or am I dreaming that?

Ugh. I'm not liking these reports. What on earth would be the point of such a vent? :confused:

How are the mattresses is the studio rooms? I see that they use the wooden bed frame like the Poly. We just got back from the Poly and the bed was super hard. I have back issues and if our trip had been any longer we would have been switching resorts. It look me days to recover. We stayed at BCV the same trip and had zero issues so I am wondering if the difference was the bed frame.

The bed at CCV was firmer than at BLT. DH loved it as he prefers a firmer bed. I didn't like it much due to arthritis as I felt the bed didn't have much give. I forgot to ask for an egg crate topper. Hopefully they have them at CCV/WL.

The bed at CCV was firmer than at BLT. DH loved it as he prefers a firmer bed. I didn't like it much due to arthritis as I felt the bed didn't have much give. I forgot to ask for an egg crate topper. Hopefully they have them at CCV/WL.

Thanks! I travel with my own egg crate topper and but that on the Poly bed and it was still unbearable.

:welcome: and Congrats!!!! Happy you found us!!!! That’s awesome we’re staying the same time!!! Maybe we can do a meet up!! I love Bobba Fett!! It’s an honor to meet his wife!!! LOL I’ll get you right up on the 1st Page!!! And thank you for the birthday wishes!!! Congrats again and...

WELCOME HOME!!!!
Thank you so much for the warm welcome, mrsap, also for adding my details to the 1st page (so excited to be official now!). Yes - Mr Fett's a real trooper - especially now that he's having to put up with me buying red-&-black-buffalo-check-everything in the after-Christmas sales so we can decorate like WL next year ... not that I'm obsessed or anything :rotfl2:Would be lovely to meet up in November!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, mrsap, also for adding my details to the 1st page (so excited to be official now!). Yes - Mr Fett's a real trooper - especially now that he's having to put up with me buying red-&-black-buffalo-check-everything in the after-Christmas sales so we can decorate like WL next year ... not that I'm obsessed or anything :rotfl2:Would be lovely to meet up in November!

No problem!!! I’m happy for you! LOL that’s hysterical!!!! Nothing wrong with that!!! LOL We will definitely plan something once we get closer!!! Looking forward to planning over the next few months!!

Is the studio layout in this Touring Plans video of Copper Creek typical?

Can't find any info on this, it's basically a one bedroom without the kitchen.

I agree, it is probably due to incorrect venting. Considering these all used to be indpendent rooms, you'd think they would get the venting right the first time. I wish they would change that!

Nice 3D tour here on a sponsor’s website. Yeah the video you posted looks odd. Maybe one of the fabled “alternate” studios?
https://www.dvcrequest.com/copper-creek.asp

ETA: Yes looking further I would definitely say it’s an alternate. As far as I know part of a two bedroom lockoff at the “jog” in the hallwys of floors 2-6 and above on 7

Last edited:

No, that is not a normal one. it looks like it is probably one of the "alternate" ones.

This is linked from the DVC website and is a virtual tour of a normal CCV deluxe studio with walk-in shower. The one we had was mirror image to it. https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Zp7gtUdZMZy

SW

As mentioned that is one of the few alternate studios. There's 4 or maybe 5 of them? They are requests, not a booking category.

Hi There , We just signed our contract for our add on at CCVparty: September UY, we also own at BRV :dogdance:. We are looking forward to many fun years with the kids and grand-kids :crazy::jumping2:. We are 335 sleeps away. :sad: so here I sit with you folks, planning our next adventure.:coffee:

Chrissy:earsgirl:

Booked for June 23-29 at CCV, studio with shower. I was hoping to request an alternate layout studio but from the video posted, looks like a tub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter